Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shogun Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
helldiver_Zatoichi_by_StTheo_zpsce533cbc.jpg

Original Source

Intent: To create a highly specialized armor for when the Emperor is forced into combat situations and needs protection.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Junbei Hao National
Model: ARA-09SG (Shogun)
Affiliation: Galactic Empire
Modularity: Cosmetic only
Production: Unique
Material: Ceramic/Composite Carapace with Ablative Plastoid plates.

Description: Based off Admiral Cyrus Tregessar's light infantry armor, it uses the same ceramic/composite carapace for physical attacks and ablative plastoid plates for blaster attacks. Unlike the normal Helldiver armor, the Emperor's Shogun armor has a personal shield identical to that built into stormtrooper armor. The armor itself is slightly more effective than normal Helldiver armor, but costs ten times the normal amount to do so. The armor also has powered systems similar to the power gloves of stormtrooper armor to allow the Emperor to move freely so he can practice his weapons training.

Special features kept from the normal Helldiver armor include the advanced HUD, retractable elbow blades, and numerous places to store weapons and other supplies. The armor has been customized visually so that it is obvious to any other soldier that this is the Emperor's armor. The red mask and horns stand the Emperor apart, and shows he is not afraid to lead his troops personally if he has to.

Given the design of the armor, it works slightly better against blasters than slug throwers or explosives which tend to blast away more of the ablative armor. Melee weapons are even less effective, as a direct hit will do very little actual damage. The possibility of an attack piercing between plates always remains of course. Beyond the difference in ablative material removed, the armor is designed to offer approximately the same protection over all. Against lightsabers plastoid does offer some protection. However, even though this armor is sturdier than standard stormtrooper armor made of the same material, aside from glancing blows it is still not thick enough to completely stop a lightsaber attack.

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 20 kg
Quality: 8(7)
Other Feature(s): Because of the nature of the ablative plating, the armor is most effective when first hit. Each successive hit to the same region reduces the effectiveness of the armor until only the undercoating remains which is approximately as effective as standard stormtrooper armor. This armor is designed to protect the Emperor's life, not allow him to wade into a firefight.

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]
I like this. It’s certainly not overpowered at all, and doesn’t have any silly materials. It’s designed primarily for protection.

Two things I’d ask before I approve this;
First, can you just briefly describe the quality against the following weapon attacks: blasters, melee, lightsabres, explosive. This helps those reading get an idea exactly what the armour can and can’t do well.
Second, I think an upscaling of the weight to 20kg might be a good move considering the ablative plating, ceremonial components and its overall quality.

@mention me when you’re ready. Otherwise this is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom