Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ships Of A Different Kind [Viridian]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Zun7oSO.jpg

Meeting: Viridian.

YtGWXBT.png

Capital Building, Royal Office of Commons.​

Since learning of, and inheriting the Monarchy of Mnemosyne through his and Lori’s Parents Veiere and Kay Arenais, life had taken on a very different tone. No longer was he solely the Jedi Knight serving under the Order of the Silver Jedi but under the Constitutional Monarchy that operated in the background of parliament, Caedyn had a vested interest and responsibility in keeping up with Mnemosyne’s current affairs, resources and political relationships. Neither he nor Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun was required to act on behalf of Government, they held the authority and potential to do so.

Today’s meeting was with a certain shipwright, an owner of a company or manager of a particular set of assets that could benefit the Nation’s defence and transportation of goods with other neighbouring Worlds and Communities. Under the banner of the Silver Jedi Concord, they could further enable the Silver Fleet in their own endeavours, boosting the further finances to the Mnemos Economy.

Once upon a time it would have been his father responsible for these sorts of meetings, he had a knack for meeting with business types and knowing what to say, but for Caedyn this was a first. As far as the man's inventory was concerned, he wasn't entirely certain what to expect. Thus far their meeting had been arranged but with few details, only that the vessels they were offering could be a welcome asset within the Mnemos Navy.

Viridian

V
"Here's the deal," said Viridian when he walked in. "I make your government 10 Classes of Organic Ships." He stated, as he looked at the individual. "In return, I get a choice of a plot of land on the planet, that will be mine. " He stated. "Do we have an accord?" asked Viridian. "Any further ships I produce after that would cost credits, or further resources of my choosing, to be negotiated then. You will also not insist on me handing over any force enhanced creations of mine made for my own use, as I am not affiliated with Jedi, or Sith. Frankly, I believe their war to be idiotic, as they only kill each other."

His staff was clasped to his back. He waited for a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caedyn Arenais

C
The way that Viridian entered the office and basically told Caedyn how it was going to be, caught him by complete surprise. Were all businessmen this upfront and impolite; "Hello there..." Caedyn rose to his feet and greeted Viridian as politely as he could despite the tone he had been met with, "You're Viridian I'm guessing. Caedyn Arenais" he introduced himself.

"You'll be pleased to know that our meeting concerns Mnemosyne only. Any affiliation with third parties is tied to us and we have no expectations that you yourself need to associate with allies or associates of ours..." Caedyn responded first to the man's claim to have nothing to do with either the Jedi nor the Sith.

"As far as our business agreement goes, I can't agree to terms that we've barely begun to discuss the details of the arrangement" he explained, not feeling all too happy to oblige the man's demands. "First of all, I have no idea what you're offering. What class of Starships are we negotiating here, and for a title of land there would need to be a discussion over the purpose of said property. I can't for example, have someone establishing a foreign military presence in our backyard..." Caedyn's hand raised to call for pause, "Not that I'm suggesting you would, however, you understand my point I'm sure. Mnemosyne requires certain assurances for reasons of security, as well as the interests of the country you were to reside upon".

Viridian

V
"Said property would be my home and lab. It would also be a place where no Jedi or Sith are allowed to drag their ideological stupidity. So far I have made an organic fighter and a Corvette. I have more in the works. " He stated. He then put his staff on the desk between them. "Here is one example of whst I would be working on at my home. Granted it is not good enough. "

"Still needs a lot of work."

He groaned. "Let us discuss the arrangement more."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's head lifted slowly in something of a half nod in understanding. Viridian was certainly forthright, though perhaps this was an everyday habit of his that wasn't something to be considered unusual for his people, Caedyn couldn't know, yet he made a mental note to try and be a little more open-minded and not so quick to jump to conclusions. First impressions and all that.

"A home and private lab" Caedyn smiled, "Sounds nice, and I'm sure that's certainly doable" he nodded, turning to move to his desk and retrieving his datapad, activating the device and pulling up a series of government-owned land titles that were presently uninhabited or spoken for. "You'll find a number of options here, and you'll have the opportunity to visit each of them should we come to an agreement" Caedyn explained, handing the device over to Viridian.

"If you don't mind my asking, what can you tell me about the vessels you're willing to make for the Mnemos Fleet?".

Viridian

V
Viridian looked at the unclaimed government land titles, and sighed. "I'll have to explore the planet personally, and make my pick of it once I've explored." He stated, as he looked at him. "As to the ships," Viridian said. "They are completely made out of organic materials with not a hint of metal whatsoever on them. They are higly sophisticated. Granted, I've only made 2 classes of them at present. I still have a large amount of them to make." He stated, as he looked at the individual.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Right" Caedyn responded pensively, "It will need to be documented and approved of by Government contract as the exchange will be part of the business dealing, so should you find what you're looking for then you can contact one of our officials and see the deal concluded" Caedyn explained regarding the plot of land the other was seeking. Not having owned the land himself, these things needed to go through official channels to ensure everything was legal and smooth-going, documented and finalized; But that side of things was for the Government to worry about and not of Viridian's concern unless he wished to take a vested interest.

"These Vessels of yours, do they require anything for their construction or do you have a shipyard in mind that you'd planned on using?" Caedyn asked further, curious to note how the shipwright went about his business and who else might be involved in the vessels creation. Were there anything that he would need of the Government, or whether or not Caedyn could simply take his hands off once the deal was struck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom