Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ships and Bounties

Jake Ateris

J
Earlier in the day Jake had visited a ship dealer who had started to sell a Tie Fighter to him. They had allowed him to take the vehicle for a test drive. Unfortunately this had been one of the mistakes on both their parts. Why? Because Jake was rusty at piloting any form of ship to say the least - a problem that he was currently trying to handle as he was attempting to figure out the controls of the ship. The owner had sent a bounty hunter after him. Jake of course was unaware that the owner of the Spaceship Emporium had sent a bounty hunter after him. Nor would he know of course who the bounty hunter was, as he was still learning about the cosmos at large.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Kat held her hands up "Alright alright, yes, I'll work on getting you your fighter back." she told the salesman. He'd left a tracker on the ship and gave her the signal, only a nut would let someone fly without something. So getting to the ship wasn't going to be the issue. It was mainly how to convince someone to give up. The falleen headed to her own ship. Old though it may be, it's condition wasn't bad, and she took off.

Technically, she was behind. But Tie Fighters lacked a hyperdrive. And Kat Kenrid was already in the system when the bounty was sent out, guy must have had it already set up. Kat got the message and came right away. And now she was on her way, Tie's were generally fast...if you knew what you were doing. But the Pursuer was actually not far behind it in speed, which allowed her to get into range not too long after taking off.

Kat waited until she got much closer, within weapon range, then she sent out an open signal, which hopefully he would hear, "This is the Kat Kenrid of the Pursuer Class enforcement ship. You are on a stolen Tie Fighter. Respond immediately."

Jake Ateris

SHIP:
Pursuer-class_enforcement_ship
VEHICLES:
Swoop bike
Equipment:
Kat Kenrid's Beskar'gam
Mandalorian Vambraces
Crushgaunts
Beskad
Two cortosis weave vibro blade daggers

Jake Ateris

J
"How do I make this ship stop?" asked Jake, over comms. He accidentally hung up on her because he hit the wrong button when he was attempting to pull the brakes on the ship. Someone should seize his ability to pilot ships because he was a bad pilot. The ship was going up and down, and side to side as Jake attempted to figure out how the ship worked so he could put the brakes on it. Jake hated modern spaceships, he knew that much. He needed to get himself a ship he could operate that he would be able to understand. He hit the button that would open the channel again - by accident. Yeah, he was new to the controls of the ship. Even with the 5 minute explanation the dealer had given him, Jake didn't get it.

"A little help please?!?" roared Jake, as he hit the ceiling of the ship as he had turned off the artificial gravity by accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat raised an eyebrow in response to the question. It wasn't actually the first time someone claimed to not know how to fly ships. In truth it happened more times than she liked. The peculiarity of the flying could easily be taken as attempted evasive maneuvers. She sighed as she heard him shout a response this time and then heard a clunk.

Ok...maybe he wasn't faking. She opened up the comms again, "Stop touching things for one. You'll drift but then I can get closer. Then just look harder at the controls. Most fighters have basic control systems, just grab the two grips in front of you. Touch things only one at a time. Do you have a space suit on?"

If he did, or had one available, she should be able to pick him up. Then she could alert the owner of where his fighter was, and have him come pick it up while taking in the current 'pilot' and figure out what to do after that.

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
"I'm looking," said Jake, as he looked through the ship. He then found a space suit and started to put on the suit so he could be prepared for whatever she had planned. It was difficult though as he had to use the Force to pull the suit towards him. He officially hated spaceships that required such levels of skill in order to operate. "I found one that should serve your purposes. Am I in trouble for my lack of skill at piloting ships?" Jake should never be behind the controls of a ship with the way he had flew.

"He gave me 5 minutes of explanation as to how to test drive the ship, though I learn better from seeing people do it."

Jake admitted this to her. "Do you mind helping me get a ship I can use properly?"

He needed a ship he could pilot that was far safer.

"What do we do now?"

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

She let out a sigh of relief as she heard him say that he did find a suit. And asked about if he was in trouble, "No, you're in trouble for attempted theft. It'll be up to the owner if he actually intends to press charges so you better hope he accepts your excuse. I'm gonna have to guess you don't have any kind of actual license either, which doesn't help." she said shaking her head.

Kat did hear him mention the issue of needing to learn from seeing others. Some people just were that way. That was also something he should have had, had he actually been brought up on a civilized world and had his own ship. But it seemed that somehow he'd just not gotten it. Five minutes was also an incredibly low time for testing a ship flight, but, she supposed he was probably a little lenient. And only made it that time so there was no excuses when someone tried to fly away. She sent a signal to the owner saying to get over and pick up his ship.

"Maybe, but time can cost money." She said in response to his question on her helping him, "Now you should see an obvious place to open the airlock, make sure your suit is on correctly, then open it and get out. I'll fly over and you can get inside mine."

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
"How is it attempted theft if you hit the buttons of the ship by accident when you were trying to figure out how to test drive the thing?" asked Jake. Jake was unaware why it would be considered theft. He walked his way to where the obvious place to open the airlock was within the confines of the Tie Fighter he was inside of. As he learned he was likely going to get in trouble, Jake shook his head. He wasn't going to ditch. Jake got out of the Tie Fighter and into space inside the space suit. It was a bulky thing he didn't like the looks of. Admittedly when he made himself a ship or hired someone to build one, the controls were going to be a lot simpler than the ones he had seen in the Tie Fighter. Too many buttons, and glowing levers, and generally the ship was a confusing mess.

"I am outside now," He said via the comms in the space suit.

Jake Ateris
"Because as far as anyone else is concerned, you're lying." she said simply, "Do you have any idea how many people fake lack of skill? I can't even count the number of people who've done that. Most are just lying, or morons."

She flew closer as he came out, turning her ship and opening an airlock. She was close enough that he could hold both the TIE and her ship at the same time, avoiding floating into the distance. Once inside, she'd close the airlock, put air back in, then open up the interior, so that he could come inside, She was wearing her Beskar'gam, helmet included, allowing her to fight if need be. She hoped that would not be necessary.

"It'll be the decision of the owner how he wants to go about this. He may just make you pay a fine for wasting fuel and his time. But, if he wants to press charges, I'll probably be required to stay around and ensure you don't try and run."

Jake Ateris

J
"About that," Jake said, as he looked at her once he was safely inside her ship. "Given I've been in ice literally for thousands of years," He pulled out the gold coins he had on his person, 5 gold coins worth about 10,000 Credits each. "This is all I've got to my name other than a Gemstone. I'm saving the Gemstone for plans later, though."

He really officially hated spaceships. There was too much that could go wrong with them. He needed to invest in a safer form of transit that didn't involve things going boom, or him hitting the wrong button. "Beautiful Armor." He complimented, as he looked at her. It wasn't any kind of armor he was aware of, something he needed to figure out for himself who had made it. He needed to establish a workshop for himself as well so that he could create masterpieces. Frostbite had been pathetic, something that had sullied his reputation in his eyes. The currency he had would not be enough to even buy one wing of the ship - much less pay any Fee that was demanded by the individual.

Jake Ateris

She raised an eyebrow at hearing his claim of age. "Story's pretty doubtful. Wouldn't advise telling him that. But maybe one of those gold coins would get him to not make a report about it." she told him. The owners ship would come by, they could see it already, an employee coming to pick up the TIE while Kat headed them back to his station.

"Thanks." She said in response to the compliment of the armor. She didn't elaborate further on it. It wasn't hers initially, but that was the case for plenty of mandalorians. Some armors were passed down, the same was the case for her. She wasn't related by blood to the woman who took her in, but she was like a mother to her regardless. And in her death, Kat tried to honor her. She wore the armor because of that.

They'd be able to get to the station soon to set down,
"Assuming he doesn't try and have you arrested for theft. I could potentially teach you how to actually fly a ship. But it'd cost you as well. I can't live by doing things for free. I'd starve myself to death."

Jake Ateris

J
"We would need a ship I couldn't manage to screw up," admitted Jake as he thought about her idea. "All of them actually, as I could teach you things about the Force." He smiled at her. "I'm also a master-craftsman, but have yet to find a place to re-establish a workshop for myself and gather the supplies needed to make blades. Other than that, I'm an expert with a variety of weapons," He said, as they touched down in the station. "So, do you think that would be an acceptable form of payment - training you in the Force?" He asked, as he looked at her. "I've never had an apprentice after all, you would be my first in that regard. "

"No, you need a ship that only appears to respond to your commands, any piloting school has that. Or someone else who has the real control. Most ships can be made to do that." She responded to his comment about a ship. Kat raised her head as she heard him say something about the force. She was force sensitive, but she was often busy. She had received some training thanks to an old man she'd met awhile back, but such practices were still a bit less often.

She considered his offer, training her in the force in return for piloting. She took off her helmet for a moment cracking her neck as she heard him say she could be his first apprentice. So, he was another force sensitive. With skill in other weapons, could help also to have someone to practice again so she could hone her skills. "Alright, long as circumstances permit. I'll teach you how to fly, and help you get places until you can get your own ship, and in return you teach me on the force." she said smiling and holding out a hand to shake.

If he did, she'd head back outside, only after putting back on her helmet. To speak to the owner. Before he spoke she held up a hand, "You can press charges. But I do think in this case it was a legitimate mistake. However, if you do press charges, I am willing to remain for a time as security if paid. Or maybe you could simply impose a fine. I'll simply step aside." after saying that, she moved back.

If she was forced to, she was willing to remain to ensure that Jake would follow through with whatever the law required. It was her job after all. Whatever his claims, she'd already agreed to take on the job and there was no going back. It was a legal job and therefor she wouldn't break it.

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
The owner thought it over. "I'll simply fine him. Every credit and possession he has."
He then took them away from Jake.

Jake then looked at her. "Are you ready for us to begin my first lesson?" asked Jake, as he said that. Jake wasn't sure how he was going to get the credits he needed in order to survive in the modern universe. He did need a way he could earn them. Perhaps if he took the time to train people as he had never done that before in his life.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat said nothing to argue with the owner. He didn't press charges at least. If he had, Jake might have lost everything he had anyway. And Jake agreed, so the owner was well within his rights. She simply nodded and would receive her payment for her job completed. It wasn't a huge sum, but it was still worthwhile.

She'd take Jake back towards the ship as he asked about the lesson, "Well maybe we should go somewhere else first? Where it's easier. I've done meditation before but that's the majority of it. Actually there was someone who was teaching me some things, but I'm usually busy. Doing stuff like this."

Although he didn't ask, she also had a potential solution to his other problem, "And, if you join me on my ship, maybe you could make up some cash on the way if you work with me on my jobs. Split rewards, and we can take higher bounties or jobs. Don't worry, I only take ones that fit with legality. "

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
"I'll join you on your journey then. Perhaps I could teach you how to smith armor, and weapons." said Jake, as he looked at her. "For that is how I made my bread and butter in the past. Yet, for now, I'm developing my skills in that area anew, and I've only made one blade."

"I only have one requirement for where we go next. The world will not be one that is immensely cold. That is my only requirement, alright?"
asked Jake as he sighed. He didn't want to deal with cold like Hoth any time soon. Sure he had forged his first blade of the modern era, Frostbite there. But it wasn't good enough in his eyes. He knew that much. "The world Hoth was where I was frozen, and I have no desire to return there any time soon. " Specifically he never wanted to return there at all. "Somewhere with a Tropical Climate would be good."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

She grunted in agreement as she shut the doors behind them, taking off her helmet to reveal the green skin and her long hair which she adjusted outside the armor. She went to the pilots seat. "Never did any smithing of any kind myself. It's...not a skill I'd ever have expected to learn. Maybe the force first though, I wouldn't know what to do with the knowledge of...creating things." she said honestly.

She raised an eyebrow on his requirement of it simply being not immensely cold. However her face softened as he mentioned the reason why. He asked for a tropical climate. Well, she technically just made money off him. And traveling was a needed thing for this sort of stuff. She set course for the nearest Tropical planet, one where they could be alone to practice,
"So...that frozen thing...is that actually true? I mean, carbonite is one thing, But do you mean....ice frozen?"

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
"Of course I mean ice," said Jake, irritably. "I've barely been unfrozen a WEEK. " He stated, as he looked at her. "And I have no intention of visiting the world of Hoth for oh, seven centuries should do me good. After all, I need time to recover from the cold, and gain my power back. For that reason, we're going to a tropical world in order to train. Your first lesson will be how to make a barrier out of the Force."

"And we'll also work on your swordsmanship skills, of course."

Jake really wished he had a weapon of his own. "But we'll need to get me a blade of my own without any modern enhancements. I need one after all so I can protect myself in the current era. Jedi, Sith, Zealots... really there's too many that can cause trouble. Even a Non Force User with a powerful artifact could spell disaster for the galaxy at large. We'll need to seal away the more dangerous ones."

She raised an eyebrow as he said he was only a week out of unfreezing. She gave a look to him of almost utter confusion as he mentioned seven centuries. He looked mostly human. Normally, Kat would outlive any human she met. Having a lifespan of around 250 easily tended to do that. But he made his age sound...absurd really. Aside from how old he already claimed to be, it was as if he still had time to go. But she did not speak about it.

She did however respond about his comment on swordsmanship, she tapped her Beskad, an old mandalorian weapon, but one that was very effective, "Got some of it down. I know most of the techniques. It's mainly practice itself that's necessary. I was really brought up by a mandalorian for a little while, before she died. She taught me how to use a Beskad. It'll hold up to a lightsaber when needed, and it can beat into the things it can't cut." she responded.

His comment on needing a new blade was considered,
"That one we'll have to work on. I only have this one myself, and you're not getting it. I'm sure you can buy just a plain old sword somewhere, or if you're so good at it, maybe they let people rent forges? Make your own. Though, unless you've got some phrik available, not sure that's a great idea. A regular sword doesn't hold well against blasters or lightsabers far as I'm aware."

Jake Ateris

Jake Ateris

J
"Our first stop then will be to find me a Forge where I can make a normal sword that I can use in the interim while you help me adapt to the modern world and science, as well as the weapons of the modern world." He said, as he looked at her for a moment. He then noticed them touch down on the world they were supposed to do. "Your first lesson will be as follows. You will attack me with the Force Powers and sword skills you know. But I'll fight you unarmed, and see how you can improve." He said. But then he paused and walked to the Cargo Bay. There he found an old looking Vibro-Blade that had seen better days and needed some work. "On second thought, I'll use this blade for our clash to see how you hold up against me. It is not my first choice of weapon, mind you. I'd much prefer a weapon I made myself as opposed to this blade. Before we begin, though. I must ask you. Are you sure you want me as your mentor figure? My lessons will be different from the missions Jedi and Sith go on to train one another, far different."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

She hummed as he explained that his first attempt was to find access to a Forge. "Well even a few thousand years ago the Holonet was a thing so I imagine locating one shouldn't be too hard." she said before laughing a little as he said she should attack him with force powers and her sword skills, "Oh I don't know anything like telekinesis or force push or whatever. I can move stuff when meditating. I've learned to have much better reflexes and intuition for it, and seem to have at least some precognitive ability. But no truly offensive powers."

She leaned her head over as she watched him go to the cargo bay, finding a Vibro blade. Probably just left over from one of her hunts. She must have forgotten to sell it like she usually did. She pulled out the beskad holding it with both hands, though it could be wielded with only one, two gave better control and acceleration. But she could swap easily between them.

She shrugged in response to the matter of if she wanted him as a mentor figure, "I was trained by a mandalorian in whatever combat techniques I know. Do you really think that they are like Jedi or Sith?" she prompted, "And besides, you're not the first to teach me about the force. I just...got busy, didn't see the last one often enough to get deep into it. I got the meditation part pretty down though believe it or not. I'm sure I could go deeper, just haven't had the time yet."

She'd open the cargo bay where they landed, "Best to fight outside. I don't want anything broken."

Jake Ateris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom