Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping & Things

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Anastasia Rade"]

Life had taken an interesting turn for Kurt Meyer. A few months ago he had been happily scraping his way by, subsisting on minor jobs and through work for a small delivery company on an ancient ship.

Now he had a new ship, a new company employed him, and apparently he had a roommate. Things seemed strange, and they had developed rather fast. Every time he looked at his new ship he couldn't help but feel a certain bit of joy. Every time he had with his roommate...well that was another whole batch of oddities that he mostly chose to ignore. As for the new company? They hadn't been too bad so far. A few of his jobs for them had been odd, but nothing reality out of the ordinary considering the things he normally had to do when he was out and about in the galaxy.

The job he was on now was simple enough, deliver a small package to the Jedi Temple on Sullust.

He'd made a stop on the edge of Alliance space, that new faction that had crept up in the inner rim. He'd mostly ignored them, though Kaile had seemed rather excited about them beginning to fold planets into their midst, in fact when he had entered their space she had asked for some credits to take a trip to a nearby system. Family or friends or something of the like, Kurt hadn't really been paying attention.

Either way, he was on his own for the last leg of this trip, and he intended to make the most of it.

The Station he was on now had plenty of places to poke his head into, but first he would explore the hangars for the dockmaster, a man who seemed to be as illusive as a Titavian.

Ana had dreams of settling down with her husband, having children and running the business. It was a mouth full but the woman had always believed that she could. It wasn't as if she would be doing it alone, Orick would be by her side as he always was. They were waiting though for the time being because they both agreed that the threat of the Sith was too close for comfort. Fears were confirmed as her elder brother, the Mand'alor, disappeared from the galaxy. She knew at that time she needed to join the Alliance.

The Alliance she found to be quite similar to those trips she had gone on with Coren and gang to fight the Sith. The only difference here was that they had more man and fire power behind them. The goals and ideals were such that Ana could get behind them and the Alliance as a whole gave her hope for the future, hope that her little oasis could become apart of it one day.

Today she was at a station nearby the newly minted alliance just working and observing. Ana didn't have to do her work at the bar but she wanted to see what the locals and visitors thought of the alliance. It was always good to get an outside perspective of things and see what the buzz was so to speak. It was also a good way to make connections not only for herself but her husband as well.

Looking up from the datapad Ana took a sip of her water as she glanced around the bar. There was nothing unusual going on just various characters talking in hushed voices or laughing. She could over hear things but nothing interesting just small talk really.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

He found a bar eventually, mostly because he was sick of looking for the damn dockmaster.

Apparently this particular trade Station didn't really care if they got paid or not. Kurt didn't particularly care, all he wanted was to relax a bit and see if he could find someone to talk to. It wasn't a hard request, not hard at all. He had time before the required delivery date on his package and he would see that he used every minute of it. Stepping into the bar Kurt took half a minute to observe his surroundings, smiling slightly when he noticed the bar itself mostly unoccupied.

Kurt stepped up to the bar, smiling and knocking on the heavy wood. "Corellian Ale."

His voice was directed to the barkeep who simply smiled and gave him a small nod. Corellian stuff was hard to come by nowadays, especially after the Netherworld event, but he found that most Trade Stations within the inner-rim still kept a pretty heavy stock of it. He supposed that was ATC's doing. The massive trade conglomerate from his homeworld worked tirelessly to spread all across the galaxy, and that spread had multiple benefits, even if it did remind Kurt of home every few days.

As the barkeep dropped his drink in front of him Kurt looked around, smiling at the woman beside him.

Anastasia was used to receiving attention from both men and woman. It was something that over the years she had gotten used to and embraced. It had helped her get a few things that she had wanted and made negotiating a million times easier. On the other hand she did get unwanted attention which could be annoying at times. There were times when she just wanted to drink in peace but Ana would never turn a friendly face away. She had after met her now husband at a bar so you never knew whom you would run into at a place like this. What connections could be made.

Lightly smiling back at the newcomer to the bar Ana took a sip of her water. As a Mandalorian she carried her liquor quite well but she had her reasons for the water. She wanted to be on top of her game and not get sidetacked. She was on her own little mission to help the alliance as they would be in the future helping her.

"Hello," she smiled taking another sip of her drink. "What brings you around these parts?" Ana questioned setting her datapad to the side. She could finish the order for the restaurant at a later date. She had company at least for the moment.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

There was a lot that he could say, there was a lot that he did say to pretty women.

It was rather a theme in his life, one that had more than once gotten him into trouble. Briefly he wondered if lessons from the past were ever going to teach him something, yet he knew that wouldn't be the case, mostly because Kurt as an individual refused to learn. So he smiled at the woman, slid slightly closer, and gently placed his drink down onto the bar.

"Business." True as everything else. "I have something to deliver into Alliance space. Had to stop off here for fuel."

He smiled, taking another small sip from his drink. "And you?"

Ana perked up a little as she heard he was making a shipment out to the alliance. She wondered what type of shipment it was but she doubted that he would tell her. Sure Ana could probably get it out of him by batting her eyes a few times and flirting but she was a married woman. Sneaking around it that manner was not how she did things anymore.

"Business mostly," she smiled taking another sip of her drink. "I do like to come out here sometimes just to relax and get away from the office. People watching is quite fun and you never know whom you may meet out here. What type of shipment for the alliance? Anything good?"

It was worth a shot to just come out and ask what it was he was carrying. Ana may get lucky and he tell her.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

He let out a chuckle.

Business, it was funny how that was such a standard answer. No one ever said they were simply exploring, no one ever said that they were hunting, no one ever said that they lived there. Maybe it was because of the places he visited, or maybe it was just because nobody wanted to seem boring. Either way, more than half of the people that he met were on business, though he supposed he couldn't blame them, given that had always been his answer.

The Pilot shifted, moving closer to the woman as he took another small sip from his drink. "Now now."

"If I told every beautiful woman what I was delivering, I'd be out of a job." His voice stayed even. "And I can't have that."

She couldn't explain her business not because it was top secret or anything. Her restaurant was anything but top secret but her work with the alliance she liked keeping on the down low at least for now. She didn't need questions from any of her suppliers.

"It was worth a try," she grinned taking a sip of her drink. She didn't peg him for a smuggler. He didn't look the part. Ana knew a few good smugglers and bad ones too. He must either be holding precious cargo or just being coy with her.

"I'm surprised you left your precious cargo behind for a drink."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

He smiled. "Well, when you're really good at your job, you tend not to worry about these things."

That was entirely false.

People who were good at their jobs often worried about every little detail of their work, it helped them get every little thing focused. Of course, Kurt was that detail orientated, but you didn't act like it even if you were. That simply wasn't cool. It begged the question of course, why was she so interested in what he was carrying?

"Do you always question couriers about what they're carrying?" Another small sip. "Or is it just me?"

"My husband is in the business so I like being in the know. Sizing up the competition a little."

It was a half truth, Orick was a carrier but that wasn't the reason that she was wondering. Ana wanted to know what sort of thing he was brining to the alliance. It was possible that he wasn't being forth coming because like her he had to be careful of what he said. He didn't look like one whom would work with the Sith but looks could be deceiving as she well knew.

"Do you work with the Alliance a lot?"

Her coy questions and answers were getting her nowhere so for this time at least she decided to be a little more blunt. Perhaps she could get more out of him or get somewhere at least. That would be nice.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

He smiled, and if her comments of a husband deterred him there was no sign of it.

"Not really." Kurt said with a rolling shrug of his shoulders. "I'm contracted by a third party, I work for whomever hires my company directly."

That was true. Kurt had never particularly cared whom he worked for. Of course certain parties were better than others. Governments like the Galactic Alliance provided steady and well paying work with generally a safe environment, drug dealers and criminals? Not so much. Either way he got paid, but if he could avoid bodily harm to himself it was much better. Truthfully, before this job Kurt had never even heard of the Alliance, though with how governments were rising and falling nowadays that wasn't too surprising.

"First time they've contracted me, actually." He thought back on that, perhaps she'd find it interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom