Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion ship weapon balance

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
with some discussions iv had before i think it would be nice to see custom weapons contribute more to a ships armament level with standard weapons having a base average setting all around. least that way we don't see people just amping thier weapon stats way high for the advantage or people trying to under play thier armament level to try and scate by

so if a ship has say 80 weapons that are custom with a high or very high rating and has an average armament rating. and they go up against a ship that has 30 standard weapons with an armament rating of extreme it doesn't make much since to me to have standard weapons out power ones that have higher stats. any one else have any thoughts on this matter?

Last edited:
There was a time, long ago in the ancient past, when weapons counts mattered in shipbuilding on Chaos but that's no longer the case. Nowadays it's the armament rating that is held up supreme, as long as the weapon count makes sense.

In the example you've given, it could be that the power behind the weapons is different, so each of the 30 weapons hits harder. It they're a standard turbolaser that's been tweaked. Some people don't want to sub a lot of individual ship weapons but they do still want a powerful ship. The modern system allows them to do that and those with a desire to make something themselves still do it.

yeah, I can understand that. I can see through the more weapons having a higher DPS tbh which would probably do more damage over time, even with different armament levels. perhaps there can be a way to calculate/ implement such a stat?

The other player determines the damage they take from your post. Therefore it doesn't make sense to get into the weeds with that sort of stuff since it's up to the other person.
That is a fair point! though we all know some people tend to power fantasy things and never want to lose. i suppose I'm just over thinking things lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom