Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She's as Cold as Ice

Leos Palle

L
Deep Space, ANS Temperance

"You know, Admiral, the name of your flagship is rather ironic," Captain Mel'oc, a Pantoran, said.

"What better way to shove it in the other Admiral's faces, than to take a ship called Temperance, and be anything but?"

"I suppose, Sir."

Raze sat in his command chair, right leg draped over the arm rest, left arm planted on the other arm rest, and chin resting upon his hand. His one eye swept over the bridge crew. For whatever reason, his eye patch itched like crazy, and he was sorely tempted to scratch it, but decided not to. Why? Because it always made people feel awkward when they saw his empty eye socket. He didn't feel like grossing everyone out, especially since they were pushing out on an unknown ship. The Captain had been trying to keep things light even though they didn't really know what they were up again. Technically speaking the ship was just outside of Alliance space, but it could still be a potential threat, some advance First Order scouting vessel.

Their ship was much larger, he was certain of that, but that didn't make him any less cautious. He might be a bit flamboyant, occasionally lazy, and sometimes too loose in his following of protocol, but he still respected the fact that any foe could be a dangerous one. That small ship could be housing some big gun capable of destroying his ship in a single shot! Doubtful, but one never knew until one knew, and he didn't know.

"Range?"

"We're within range now with the long range missile launchers," the Captain said. "You're- not planning to shoot them, are you?"

Raze turned a withering gaze on the man.

"Really, Captain? Do you honestly think I'd fire unprovoked?"

"Yes."

Eyes stared.

"Okay, fair enough. I might have, but let's be nice. Hail them, and have the Impediment activate her grav-well generators. I don't want them running."

"Notifying them now and opening the frequency to the unknown vessel."

The ANS Impediment was the only support craft they'd brought along for this particular endeavor. She was enough, however. In the meanwhile, the Captain gave him the signal that he was live, so he took a breath and nodded.

"Unidentified vessel this is Admiral Raze Lyter of the Galactic Alliance Defense Fleet's ANS Temperance. Please identify yourself and do not attempt to run. If everything checks out we'll let you be on your way."

[member="Winter Sovereign"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom