Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shephard Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
mass-effect-4.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To create a suit of armour, not power armour, for production by Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]attackofthefanboy.com[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt](Please link and cite the sources which you are modifying for your use in your submission.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]VSF[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Shephard Armour[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] No, Colour can by changed at production on request[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Minor [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]to VSF Shephards [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Duraplast, Duramesh[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Medium Body Armour[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weight:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Resistances [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]For each category choose from: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]None[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very Low[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Low[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]High[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very High, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Extreme [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt])[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]High[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]- Kinetic: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]High[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]- Lightsabers: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]- Other: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Sonic: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]EMP/ION: [/SIZE]Low
[SIZE=9pt]Elemental: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Minerva: A HUD system combining a myriad of sensors to provide a good overall view of hte battlespace.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Valkyrie System: A stim and med system built into the armour to allow the soldiers to keep fighting for longer and deal with minor injuries on the battlefield. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Hermes: Locke and Key’s signature comms system, provide secure communications for the armour wearers.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Ancile Shield: A wrist-mounted buckler shield that can be thrown as a physical projectile.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weak at the joints: The plates of the armour may pack significant defence, but the duramesh bodysuit is vulnerable where it is exposed.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Exposed storage of ammunition and grenades: Without any inbuilt storage any ammunition or grenades have to be stored on the armour, where they could be shot.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Ion: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The systems on board the armour are vulnerable to ion-based attacks or EMPs. While this wouldn't neutralize the defensive qualities of the armour, it would negate all the advanced systems leaving the Shephard armour as little more than plates of Duraplast over a Duramesh bodysuit.[/SIZE]

• Misguided: If one of the Hermes comms within the unit is compromised then all armour users can be fed false data that will be reflected on their HUDs by the Minerva.

• A limited supply of Drugs: the Valkyrie does allow the armour users to fight harder than they normally would, but the supply of drugs available is only limited. The Valkyrie can provide a short boost or limited healing before running out of drugs, leaving the system unable to help the wearer any further.

• Sensors sensors everywhere, not a drop to drink: The Minerva is heavily reliant on the various sensors strewn across the surface of the armour for the data to provide the Minerva with its overview of the battlespace around it. These sensors though are very vulnerable to being destroyed by battle damage, leaving the armour HUD blind of the additional data it uses to warn the wearer of threats.

• It's all too much: The sensor data provided by the Minerva can be overwhelming, meaning that even though the HUD picks out key threats it is very easy for a user to lose track of potential threats.

• The Ancile Shield only has limited power, a side effect of it's thrown ability, meaning it can be overwhelmed by repeated attacks. Needing to charge before it can be used again.
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Approached by the VSF to design a suit of armour for their medium armoured troops Locke and Key Mechanics went to the drawing board. The started from the basics, building a bodysuit of their signature Duramesh as the basis of the armour. The armour was designed to find a good balance between movement and protection. It was due to that requirement that Locke and Key chose to eschew the heavier materials that are normally used in armour, instead opting to build the hardened section of the armour out of Duraplast. The Ceramic gave a high level of protection without the increased weight of its metallic counterparts. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]With the basis of the armour the engineers then went on to develop the remaining tweaks to it, adding in a variety of Locke and Key’s signature technology while remembering the creator’s request that the armour be built so that attack by an EMP would not cripple it. All the technologies added on were simply designed to augment the armour, not as a key aspect of it.[/SIZE]
Production changed to Minor from Limited

Netherworld

[member="John Locke"]

John Locke said:
Not power Armour: Unlike power armours the Shepard Armour provides no boost to speed or strength, relying upon the users natural strength and speed while weighed down by the weight of the armour. They are unable to move as fast or hit as hard as they would be unencumbered, which a smart opponent can use to outmanoeuvre them.
  • Lacking an advanced Strength is not a Weakness. Please remove this.

John Locke said:
EMP/ION: Average
  • The above doesn't jive with the EMP/Ion weaknesses of the Minerva and Valkyrie systems. Please lower this rating.
Furthermore, you're missing nearly all of Weaknesses inherent to the technology linked under Special Features. Please add them to this submission.

Good Afternoon [member="Netherworld"], thanks for picking up my submission for review.

I have removed the mentioned weakness, it was always a fluff thing in the first place, I just added it to help the thinking proess and should have got rid of it before. Thanks for the pick up.

I have adjusted the ratings to account for the EMP/Ion as noted and added a weakness to explain that the armour's systems are vulnerable to being shut down by ionic attacks leaving it without any of the advanced functionality.

Regarding the additional weaknesses, I have added key weaknesses for each piece of tech. I didn't want to add them all since that would be a copy and paste job. Please let me know if you want me to add more. My apologies for not including these before, I have never been asked by a Factory Judge to include them in previous armour submissions. I had always assumed that the system weaknesses were seen as part of the armour, but it does make my life easier building weaknesses for future subs so if this is the new standard I'll make sure to include them in the future :D

Netherworld

[member="John Locke"]

Thanks! Adding the strengths / weaknesses from other submissions is generally done for transparency and a clear overview. That way anyone fighting this further down the line can just read this submission instead of having to click through five different ones.

Anyways, it looks good now. :D

Pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom