Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She Stepped Into the Room... [Jack Harkness]

Ellya

E
@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Aliannah decided it was finally the time to see the Supreme Chancellor. A considerable amount of time had passed since the Chancellor had invited her to meet him in his office after a Senate session. She was already behind the office's door and waited. She didn't wait for the man to come out. She waited until her nervousness was almost gone.

She walked closer to the door and knocked. She didn't know, why, but it seemed like the best thing to do. It was both formal and polite. And she waited for the answer.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
@[member="Aliannah S. del D. Filia"]

Harkness perked his head up when there was a knock on his door and he had to admit that checking the camera he was surprised. For a moment he just raised an eyebrow trying to place her face to something and for a flicker he thought Yusan had sent him a woman.... Not very smart but then he recognized the senator from Lunar Meadows and chuckled to himself while he rose and walked towards the door straightening his coat and preparing his best smile. He opened the door and stood there with his hands behind his back while he gave a tight lipped smirk. "Welcome senator Aliannah"

Ellya

E
Aliannah was rather surprised when the Chancellor opened the door with a smile and welcomed her by her name. But then she remembered, that there are many cameras around the building. Mr. Harkness might have seen her coming.

"Hello, mister Chancellor!" Aliannah said. She answered to the man's smile with a smile. She didn't remember, if there was a formal way to greet the Supreme Chancellor. At least at the moment, she didn't remember anything. Or she hadn't been taught anything like that.

"You wanted to see me," she continued.

Jack Sheltrak

"Yes, yes I did. Do come in and sit down there is much to discuss." Harkness moved about the room and offered some water to drink as he brushed off his cat before quickly checking if he had anything in his teeth from a mirror. "I wanted to talk to you about what you planned to do, with the war going up the senate will be in session more often yes but I am trying to get senators who wish to help out more involved. On oversight committee's. Does such a civic duty interest you?"

Ellya

E

Aliannah nodded and walked to a seat. She sat down and looked around. This place was cool. Although she had known it since the first day she was in the Senate, she was still quite amazed. But she couldn't say a thing which made her feel like it was very beautiful and majestic. Maybe it was the room itself.

"Yes please!" Aliannah said friendly when the Supreme Chancellor offered her some water. She took it and said: "Thank you!"

She listened carefully to the man's speech. And when it was over, Aliannah started giving her own opinion about it: "War is something both I and the whole Lunar Meadow have always hated. It's a really bad thing. I believe the civic duty could be really interesting."

Jack Sheltrak

He had to agree, war was not something he enjoyed but he had realized something when sitting under the previous 'peace'. He had realized it wasn't working and spoke. "War is never a good thing but there are problems with the peace we had." Harkness went to his seat and tapped it while he looked out. "Look out that window and what do you see? You see prosperity, you see the upper class, the ones who most of our senators sadly end up representing. They are saints, to them there is no war, there is no poverty, there is no hunger, but there are no saints on the frontier on the borders."

He turned towards her now and spoke offering a smile. "The people on the borders of the Republic we failed, we abandoned them as the sith pushed forward. Metalorn was here we showed we could fight back and then we retreated away to hide in the dirt. We abandoned our people and let them see sith ships on their sensors. Who knows what happened and wasn't reported. Our peace came at two high a price and became something else, it was no longer I observed about peace. We were working to at all costs defend the peace treaty, we had two options. Go back into a war with the empire and all their allies or continue to try and hold onto a peace treaty we knew had failed because it was one child's ideal."

"Ideals are all well and good but they have no place for things. Now I am trying to keep as much as I can from it. There were some good ideas no doubt but not at the expense pf peoples lives. That is why I need the senators to work oversight and make sure we do not wholly step out of line. There is much that can happen when one person has too much power and I am going to try and not end up as the tyrant. Giving charges of war crimes to everyone who disagrees and then proclaiming myself better at decision making then everyone. My plan is simple we are going to fight the Empire to protect the people who can't face down an armada by themselves and we are going to."

He looked at her and chewed his lower lip. "Though I have rambled enough and your position on a committee is what we are looking at, there are plenty still around. Currently I sent a senator to head up the interspecies relations with the people of Valan. I need someone who can handle the agricultural aspects and meet with the planets who supply food across the galaxy. Someone who likes peaceful and serene places."

Ellya

E

Aliannah listened to the Chancellor while drinking her water. And when the man finished, she felt again, that she'll have to talk too.

"I see... Many things have happened in the history of the Republic. But we have never been so weak until the previous few powers. Lunar Meadow has never seen any wars. That's because we try to be independent. We don't want to deal with other planets' things unless it has something to do with ourselves. We have never seen Sith... But it's also for another reason. We fight for our freedom and we fight for our friends. We help the weak ones and we definitely don't turn our backs to them.

That's why the Republic and the rest of the Galaxy with wars is so different to us. I myself hadn't seen any fighting before I came to Coruscant. But I am not trying to say, that Lunar Meadow is better or anything. It's just some simple things about who we are and who I am.

I would love to help the Republic with everything. I have learned diplomacy and I care about people. I know about politics, too, so I guess I can do much work. But your speech showed me, that I should also start going to dominions with our fellow soldiers and politicians in order to help us even more."

She took a sip of her water.

Jack Sheltrak

Her willingness was great, he had to admit he had been weary about it and now as he stood there after she had listened to him and he to her. He had a better understanding about Lunar Meadows and it sounded far better in some ways to others. He was wondering where she would best serve the Republic and being one of the people in charge of the "Lunar Meadows sounds lovely and I might have to add it to places I visit. If the people there are as lovely as you then I should be in for a fun trip. Do you have any questions about your position. Overseeing the food supplies of the Republic can be a monotonous task and assignment."

Ellya

E

"Yes, Lunar Meadow is lovely, but to avoid problems, you should land on a meadow, not in a city on that planet." She smiled and took a sip of her water.

"I believe I am able to do that. Even though it could be a hard task, I as a member of the Republic, am willing to do almost anything. I don't have any questions at the moment, but if I have any, I won't hesitate to ask them."

She felt like it's a really honourable and important job. Someone had to supervise the food thing in the Republic and now that she could have that job, she felt like she was suddenly more important to the faction. Yes, she was a senator and the Royal Princess of Lunar Meadow (though she shouldn't be both of them), but now with a possible third job...

Jack Sheltrak

Harkness looked at the senator and apparent princess but he still didn't know that as he just smiled and held out his hand. "Well when the chance arises I will have to ask to have your company to show me the sights." He moved around the desk and towards the door while offering a walk out. "Well is there anything you need done, while your here any concerns?"

Ellya

E

"Well, I don't have anything to say or anything to ask..." Aliannah said while she was rising up from the seat. Her pink dress had moved into a wrong position again, so she had to fix that little problem. Then she walked away, towards the door.

"I'd love to see what awaits me."

Jack Sheltrak

"Well then I won't keep you, I have some appointments and some paperwork. Have a great day Senator and if you need anythign I am here."

Ellya

E

"It was honour to meet you. Thank you!" Aliannah said. She smiled and left the room. She felt really good. She had met the Chancellor. Personally. And she now had another position which was really important for the Republic. Finally she had became useful for the Republic not only as a Senator, but also as someone who looks over some food-related things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom