Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shawken electro Telsword

Status
Not open for further replies.
5d774a58a24018de4c98c3749c19f877.jpg

Image Source: Prince nuad sword/spear
Intent: To create a weapon stepped in the rich history of Shawken.
Development Thread:
Will add if needed.
Manufacturer: Shawken
Model: Shawkanesse Electro Telsword
Affiliation: Shawken.
Modularity: No or rather will require it's own submission.
Production: Limited
Material: Quadanium steel blade, Powercell, Conductor components, telescopic hilt.
Classification: Sword/Spear
Size: One-handed, Two-handed
Length: Blade: 70 cm Hilt (Retracted): 30 cm Hilt (Extended): 120 cm
Weight: 2kg
Special Features:
Resistant to lightsabers and blasters (But not able to deflect blaster bolts.)
Telescopic hilt capable of extending outwards.

Strengths:
Versatile: This weapon has among the most versatile fighting styles available to it.
Electric: When the conductor is activated the blade is resistant to lightsabers and blaster bolts as well as delivers an electric charge when a hit connects.
Quadanium steel blade: The blade is extremely durable and will retain it's sharpness for long periouds of time.

Weaknesses:
Training: To use this weapon one needs to be trained in it's use.
Electric: To use the conductor one must have a power cell inserted inside it, as such the weapon is vulnerable to ion weapons or emp's.

Description:
A blade seeped in the history of Shawken and still used to this day, the Shawkenesse Telsword is one that has had many new iterations and innovations added to it over the centuries. In it's current iteration it's blade is made of Quadanium steel which makes the blade extremely tough and durable as well as makes it retain it's sharpness for quite a long time. It's hilt contains the very first iteration ever added to it and has held if for a long time, this iteration is also were the name stems from, a telescopic hilt that uses a twist mechanism to extend the hilt out with violent force more often than not used to strike. This mechanism has remained unaffected by electronics and as such is not vulnerable to emp's and ion weapons as the newest iterations.
The handle is wrapped in black leather and a small button is situated right where the blade meets the hilt. This button activates the collapsible conductor contact vanes integrated into the blade which are capable of resisting the plasma blade of a lightsaber and a magnatomic adhesion grip to prevent it from falling out of the user's hand.

The blade has had many fighting styles come and go around it but now most are lost to time's cruel embrace. Under their new king a surge of new Telswords have appeared with all the same features state above and a few societies of swordsmen have begun to try and revive the old styles or to make their own. Throughout the long history of Shawken owning a Telsword has been a sign of honor and prestige and being a master of one has made many a swordsman famous in Shawken history.
Many have engraved hilts or a symbol of a school or the crest of shawken emblazoned upon the base of the blade itself. Becoming a royal guard or knight of shawken requires at the very least proficiency with this weapon.

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Darth Erebos"]

It's an interesting weapon, definitely, but what stops me from stamping it that it is a mass produced lightsaber resistant blade. Any sources to back up how it being electric makes it lightsaber resistant and even so a mass produced production would be a no-go and would also require development depending on the production you want to lower it to. Let me know your thoughts.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Alright, I gotcha. I'd ask for a limited production since I assume it is more of a 'special dudes' that can wield these as stated in the weaknesses. Whatcha think ?

Hmm I was thinking since the vibro part also allows this weapon to fight against lightsabers using the sinks to shunt access energy into the magnatomic adhesion grip and the vibro mechanism. But then again Vibro weapons are all capable of being used against a lightsaber and they are mass produced, the Lightsaber isn't the be all end all weapon that we usually think it is and there are several weapons that are mass produced that are capable of resisting a lightsaber.

[member="Zef Halo"]

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Vibroweapons were only resistant to lightsabers when they were cortosis-weaved, which is a material we require dev on.The reason I can't see this mass produced is because development usually for semi-unique phrik weapons are 10-15 and limited go around perhaps 20. Having it as mass produced could see armies upon armies that can wield weapons to counter the be all end all weapon, which the lightsaber actually is.

I mean it (the lightsaber) only needed a few tweaks with its components to be able to cut through beskar like butter.

Mandalorian steel is an example of a material used that has lightsaber resistance but does not require dev, yet its resistance is equal to that to a 'tree versus an axe', paraphrasing the creator of that submission.

How I see this now is either go down the Mandalorian steel kind of route and have no dev mass produced item that can resist a lightsaber as a 'tree versus an axe'.

-or-

drop down to limited and no dev so you could have resistance along the lines between Mandalorian Steel and let's say Phrik.

-or-

limited and 10-15 dev thread for a resistance equaling that to phrik.

Don't forget resistance =/= impervious.

Also, I am interested to see the mass produced lightsaber resistant items, do you have any links you could share with me. I am open for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom