Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shattered

Dea

D
Dea rarely got out much on her own these days. Not after her little adventures with Mordok The Fallen Mordok The Fallen . The pirate had disappeared, however, leaving her to venture back to Sith space. There she was closer to Vanessa, the one that created the crystaline form that encompassed the fragment of her soul that was ripped out of the Netherworld. It was from Vanessa that some of her power was generated from, as though she was tethered to the woman like a fuel cell to a ship. Dea was the ship.

Right now she felt that she needed to exercise that power, for there were rumblings and rumours of further attacks in Sith space, especially in pertaining to the holdings that Vanessa held. Dea would need to protect them. So it was out to a small unknown colony world that she had travelled to.

The crystaline body wasn't one that she enjoyed. So many observed her as merely a moving statue or piece of property, despite her capability of being deadly. She had experienced so much that droids and other similar beings go through on a daily basis, that it angered her, even fueled her control of the Darkside. So instead of travelling in that form, she utilized a gift of illusion and made herself appear as the pretty blonde that Mordok fell in love with. She didn't take on another name at all, using Dea instead of some alias, for it wasn't as though many knew her or of her that would constitute the need to hide her identity further.

Yet even appearing as a blonde had it's drawbacks, for it garnered her sometimes unwanted attention. However on this trip she was counting on it....She needed it...

Men were easy to figure out, especially when they let alcohol and lust take control. All it took was a pretty face, hourglass figure and clothing that showed it off. There were funds that Dea had access too, and so she used the credits to rent herself a little shop that she had turned into a New Age shop with love potions, candles, pet rocks, crystals and the like. She quickly garnered a reputation for being a bit of a love doctor, when really she was using her powers to siphon the Life Force out of unsuspecting victims, following it up with a simple Jedi Mind Trick to pair people off as they request.

But sometimes events don't go as planned. Sometimes the wrong person tries to take advantage of a 'helping hand'. In this case it was a rising crime lord by the name of Jer'du. "Hey! Cupid!" His tattoos moved with the muscles of his face as he spoke, almost giving them a life of their own.

Whether the swirls on his face were meant to be intimidating, Dea had found them to be distracting almost to the point of being comical. She approached him with her hands on her hips. "What can I help you with handsome?"

Jer'du drew out a dagger and casually played at trimming his fingernails with it while he spoke. "I hear you make love potions. Think I'll take all ya got."

"Sorry, store policy is one per customer."

"Do I look like someone that cares about store policy?"

"Do I look like someone that won't enforce it? My shop, my rules."

Jer'du stepped forward, tilting his head to the side with a sneer as he pressed the blade against Dea's neck. "Your rules don't apply to me. Haven't you heard? I rule this colony. Now give me what I ask for before I take it anyways, and my men burn this place to the ground." Laughter was heard as a dozen men entered the shop, each of them tattooed and rough looking like their boss. Blaster rifles were cocked and charged, their barrels aimed directly at her.

Dea narrowed her eyes a little as she stared Jer'du down, drawing upon the Darkside of the Force as she snapped her left hand up and gripped onto his wrist that held the blade to her neck, pushing it towards him, all the while using Force Choke not on the crime lord's throat, but on his heart. Her eyes glowed white as the crystaline form shimmered underneath it's disguise, crushing the vital organ until it exploded. Jer'du collapsed to the floor, dead before his body even reached the wooden surface. Dea let go of his wrist and turned her attention to the rest of them. A few opened fire, yet the blaster bolts were held frozen into place before they could hit their mark. "You shouldn't of done that..." Using Force Pull, she dragged the men that fired their weapons towards the bolts that seemed frozen in time. Once their heads were directly in the bolt's path, she released them, killing those few instantly.

Panic ensued among the men leftover, each turning to run down the street. But Dea wasn't finished with them yet. She followed them out in a swift walk, her body rigid as the Darkside enveloped her, surged through her and wanted to enact upon her fury. Force Lightning erupted from her fingers, electrifying and cooking them slowly from the inside out as the white hot current coarsed it's way into their bodies at a molecular level. Their screams of agony drew the attention of bystanders, their cries for mercy falling upon deaf ears. Dea wasn't going to stop. She wasn't going to let anyone stop her either.

Not until they were all dead...There was vengeance to be had, vengeance for an old life that was now gone. And anyone that challenged her was going to pay with their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tallin Dain

T

lCqs1ql.png

A weary arm rose to wipe away the perspiration of the morning's work. Hoarfrost twinkled as dawn broke against the horizon. Tallin had been up long before the sun tending to the daily chores around the farm from feeding the few pack animals he maintained to tending his sustenance garden. It was a modest, simple life. Nothing flashy or gaudy, nothing that would draw attention or even a second look from anyone. It was the perfect quiet life and Tal couldn't have asked for more. Not after the disillusionment of his youth. Standing up straight he hoisted the farming implement above his head, cleaving downward towards the hardened dirt atop the bluff he called home.

Farming hadn't been easy here, in fact even getting the ground to take seed was a struggle in and of itself but somehow he found a way. He'd always had a green thumb, even at the enclave. The simple life had given him what he desired. Anonymity, a distraction, an escape from his former life. Hoisting the implement again he brought it downwards in a repeated motion.

SCREEEEEAAAAAAAAKKK
Tal's vision flashed, a brilliant stuttering of lights and sound overwhelming his body and mind. It was as if something had instantaneously teleported him from where he stood and deposited him in an abysmal void. Unable to breathe, speak, or see he heard a voice that was not his own, one wrought with fear and pain. Uncertainty. The words were muffled as if heard underwater.. he couldn't make them out. Slowly the black began to fade, a subtle light coming into view, a face unknown to him. He could see something in those eyes, not anger or fear, not uncertainty but sorrow.. Overwhelming sorrow.

Just as suddenly he was cast back to where he had been - or nearly just. The taste of dirt was fresh upon his tongue, his body now prostrate in the field outside his austere home, implement fallen aside. A sharp intake of breath filled his lungs as an overwhelming weariness fell upon him, eyes struggling to stay away as he lay there on the ground. "What..." he whispered dryly. "What was that..." Of course no answer was replied, only the sound of wind and nature around him. Grudgingly he began to take stock of himself, pushing himself up from the dirt and resting in a seated position. Day terror? Nightmare? Something else entirely? It caused him great anxiety and only when it began to hurt did he realize he'd begun biting into his own cheek. "Gah.." he muttered, raising his hand to his face. Too much work, not enough water. Stupid Tallin. Really stupid. Making his way back inside he walked over to a small basin and splashed cool water on his face. He had overdone it, that was all. That's all.

-

Xg1d27Z.png

It was a far cry from O'reen. The other side of the galaxy even, at least sort of. Tallin lived the life of a hermit but even he knew where he was. Sith space. It was with great unease that he had first dug up the small container buried beneath his farm's hearth. Belongings of a younger more foolhardy Jedi nearly forgotten to him. A lightsaber, old and neglected. A robe, wrinkled and beginning to dry mold. That he'd burned immediately but the lightsaber he'd held onto for some time before grudgingly admitting that he needed to venture from his humble abode.

Four more times had the visions taken him, four times he'd awoken in a state of great exhaustion and each time he'd tried to deny himself the truth he knew. I've been chosen. Why, or for what purpose exactly he didn't know but his conviction had never been more resolute. His destination became clearer and clearer despite his own misgivings - especially when it became clear that he would be traveling within the borders of the Sith Empire. Nervous was the only way to put it. Even so, he'd committed. Not to any person but to himself. There was more to it than that, but those pages had been written and left in his journal only to be meditated upon when he returned.

As for the specifics he found it both strange and terrifying that he was traveling largely by feel, the Force almost talking to him as if it were a being unto itself. Of course, it wasn't nearly as easy as "Go here." or "Go there". He'd made a few wrong turns along the way as his bruises and small cuts had given testament to. Run ins with the wrong kinds of people, wandering a hair too deep into unknown landscapes - a Mother Acklay was about the worst of it so far. What he counted himself lucky for was not to have run into any Sith. At least, not directly. He did well enough at hiding himself but a particularly vigilant Sith of any ability might not find it too difficult to know there was a Jedi about.

Tallin had laid his ship down in one of the outermost hangars of a spaceport, which one he couldn't quite be sure - that was half the problem. His navigation computer had glitched again, the planets clearly displayed but their names had somehow been translated into Huttese, a language he was most unfamiliar with. Thankfully one of the pit mechanics had assured him that the issue was an easy one to fix. Expensive though. The Trandoshan had waved Tal off, told him to find a watering hole to hang out at for a few hours while he fixed it and Tal had obliged. Or at least, he had intended to. What he'd heard was shouting, a commotion in the street adjacent to the one he found himself on. In an instant things seemed to darken, cries of pain echoing in the narrow streets and alleyways and a brilliant flash of light. A turning sensation gripped at Tal's stomach as he tried to figure out what the ruckus was coming from, or in this case whom. It didn't take but a moment longer and his feet had him treading Dea's direction, the weight of his lightsaber reaching out to him in protest. He had a bad feeling about this.

Dea

• Love
Reactions: Dea

Dea

D
Their bodies writhed in agony, slobber dribbling out of their mouths while they had no control over the covulsions that took over their bodies. Smoke started to rise from their heads and feet as their vital organs and nervous system boiled and cooked. Even their skin started to blister, giving off an acrid smell of cooked meat. It was an awful sight to behold.

And it wasn't until their hearts stopped that Dea pulled back the Force Lightening.

She stood there silently, looking at the half dozen bodies that lay on the street, while her white eyes returned to blue. "Now look at what you've made me do..."

It took a moment before she registered the voices of witnesses that watched through windows and doorways. All of them whispered, each of them stopping when she looked in their direction. And it wasn't until she turned to go back to her shop that she noticed Tallin Dain approaching. But maybe he was just walking by. Right now she wasn't sure. However there was something about him that she couldn't shake; a nagging feeling at the pit of her stomach.

But maybe she had just exerted herself too much. She left the bodies where they were. There was more to add to the pile. Once she had gotten them out of her shop, that is.

Tallin Dain

T
Terror. Unabashed terror.

The emotion was one Tallin was long unfamiliar with yet it remained unmistakable. Step after step, foot in front of foot, Tallin emerged on the other side of the small connecting street. An unnatural sound accompanied the cries and as his eyes sought their source he was met with a grisly scene. Bodies kneeled and fell where they had once stood, skin charred beyond recognition. It wasn't the thought of their deaths that made Tallin's eyes begin to water but the smell. The smell of cooked human flesh, the smell of death. Again the hilt resting at his hip called to him but he fought against its allure. Instead his footsteps continued but with an urgency towards the victims and... just beyond? A woman.

Halting mid-step he froze, eyes widening. There stood a woman, a shadow of a woman disappearing into a nearby building. For just a moment he felt a violent pang of fear in his chest, a horrible understanding but just as quickly this revelation disappeared leaving Tallin no more enlightened than he was before. A curiosity gripped him then, the horror of the scene before him cast aside, a burning question in his mind. Who is she?

Enforcement would arrive shortly, of that the Knight Dain knew. It would benefit them both if they weren't around when that happened. What had been a vague and uninteresting trip thus far had now blossomed into a flower of chaos, a dangerous situation with dangerous consequences.

"Hey! You!" he called out, picking up his feet as he followed the woman's steps. She had departed the street, ducking into what appeared to be a shop of sorts. With caution he approached the door and tried to see what was inside. "I just want to talk." he tried to sound reassuring.

Dea

• Love

Dea

D
She didn't realize that she was being followed at first, for she was too focused on ridding her shop of the bodies. It wasn't as though she was going to attempt to hide evidence. No it was far too late for that. And besides, in her mind she was perfectly in the right to do what she did.

But she had heard Tallin Dain call out to her the moment that she had opened the door and stepped inside. A sinking feeling washed over her, yet she kept up her appearances and plastered on a bit of a smile, as though nothing was out of the ordinary.

Three bodies lay on the floor. They weren't cooked like the ones in the street. Two had blaster marks on their skulls while the other had blood coming out of his nose and mouth due to his heart exploding inside of his chest.

"There's nothing to talk about." She took hold of the arms of one of the bodies and started to drag it along the floor towards the doorway where Tallin stood. "They tried to rob me and threatened to burn my shop, but I took care of it. Now please, it's past closing time and I need to clean up here. So come back tomorrow and you can do your shopping then." That is if she was even in town tomorrow. She had overdone it and she knew it. There'd be no staying there now. Running away felt...safe. There was something comforting in isolation, but maybe that was because she was used to the routine of it. It was easier to remain hidden from possible threats, and from responsibility. Now she just needed to figure out where she'd go to next....

Tallin Dain

T
Nothing to talk about. That he was certain was not the case and even as the words had left the woman's mouth, he knew. Why, what, or how, he didn't know but he could feel it in the Force. A darkness was there no doubt, but buried there was good - and something else. Perhaps someone else. It was far from clear and the more Tallin fought to recall his dreams the more they slipped through his fingers.

"You think the authorities will see it that way? I hear they tend to be a bit strong armed around here." the man grimaced. The smell of burnt flesh was unlike anything else, you could have smelled it a million times before but it was just as striking as the first. Tallin fought back a gag. "Here. Let me help you, not interested in your baubles." he nodded inwardly as he stooped. Wrapping his hands in a tear of loose fabric he shifted his weight and hoisted one of the bodies towards the door. "Maybe we'll get lucky and they won't care about a couple of lowlives?" he suggested with a grunt. Dead weight was heavy.

It was a gamble. All of it. He wasn't exactly a boy-scout so to speak but hoisting dead, charred bodies wasn't exactly his idea of a good time. Or keeping a low profile. In the end wherever that was it wouldn't matter. Tallin was a plagued man and he needed to make sense of his fragmented visions. He wasn't sure how but he knew without a doubt it was related to the strange woman before him. "You sure you want to stay here? Might be better to cut and run, honestly." He forced a half smile as he hoisted another body towards the door.

Dea

• Love

Dea

D
She clenched her jaw as Tallin Dain asked about the authorities. No, they probably wouldn't see the truth or see it her way. But she protected both herself and her shop. She had every right to. Surely she couldn't get into trouble over that, right? And if not, well she could handle them. Just as she had taken care of the gang moments earlier.

"If you aren't interested....then why are you here?" It was an honest enough question, and one that he could easily answer. She wasn't some damsel in distress afterall. The bodies there had proven that she could look after herself.

As Tallin dragged the bodies to the door, she moved them outside and began to pile them up like some bouncer would pile up passed out drunkerds at closing time. Once that was finished, she dusted off her hands before placing them on her hips with a sigh. Her eyes looked around her shop, thinking of his words; 'better to cut and run'. "You're probably right. Thanks for your help, but you should probably head off yourself, before anyone thinks that you're somehow involved in this mess." The last thing that she needed was innocents to be caught up in her messes. There was enough blood on her hands already. "I need to pack a few things....yeah." Her voice was a little distant as various scenarios as to where to go ran through her mind. Then she moved over to the counter, reached behind it for a few bags and then started to fill them with her most potent products. "Can't leave these laying around....nope, no I can't."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom