Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shared Interests

Mauda

The Outer Rim, Aboard The Myrkur
Near Absit
Orex stood before transparasteel windows, gazing out into the endless darkness. The Outer Rim, nothing more than a collection of backwater planets covered either in Sand or Slum. But like all things, Orex contemplated what potential lay before him. These planets were exploited only by criminals, with the only government being loose or vaguely citizen-enforced. But what if this entire region were brought under the grip of Enlightenment? What if this vast collection of scum and villainy were brought not only to Order, but to Intelligence. Yet more incentive to clean this Galaxy of ignorance and bring its people into a brighter future, regardless of their planet.

But all thoughts were quickly dispelled as Orex's senses rippled again. He broke from his contemplation and focused on what he felt. The endless chatter of unintelligible voices in his ear began to clear and a prominent, singular voice began to break through. A voice contorted through the Force. A Failure. Its whispers resonating with Abomination. And it was getting closer.

Orex turned his head as a voice propagated throughout The Myrkur,

"Unknown Vessel approaching vicinity"

The automated voice clicked off and Orex returned his gaze to the dotted abyss, the whispers of who had drawn him here growing louder.

@D'aKar Templar

[member="Orex Mauda"]

D'aKar had been cruising through a section of the outer rim keeping his eye on the lookout for anything that could be potentially valuable. It was then that D'aKar noticed a lustrous ship. He'd grown tired of his ancient, stolen craft and desired and upgrade.
It would be put to greater uses in D'aKar's hands anyway.

It was more than just an attraction to the aesthetics of the ship that D'aKar felt, it was much stronger. He didn't understand how he felt and it was unfamiliar to him but something attracted him towards this ship or what was on it.

D'aKar thought to himself for a while about the risks of what this decision could hold and finally came to the conclusion that the force of attraction was undeniable. With this decision he engaged the throttle of the HWK-290 and prepared to board the mysteriously attractive vessel.

The boarding systems engaged and the position locked, the bridge was connected and all that separated the contents of the two ships was the air-lock.

Mauda

Orex's draining gaze fell over the approaching light-freighter. It was the same ship that Orex had spent a good few years in. What he often forgot was who his HWK had formerly belonged to. Memories began to flash before Orex. Memories of that zabrak slaver. Of Tyrn. His gaze fell out of focus as he drifted deeper into the images that generated so much pain. Contemplation began to draw him in, only broken when a brief alarm sounded.

Orex snapped out of his flashbacks, blinking. That same voice announced the unauthorised docking of the vessel. Orex had known who was on board and so never intended to put up a fight. He wanted this unknown, yet powerful figure to approach him unhindered. He composed himself, clearing detrimental thoughts from his mind and turned to exit the bridge.

The alloy boots of his armoured cloak beat against the pristine floor with resounding thuds as he approached the airlock. If he had not silenced the voice of his senses, it would have been screaming by now

@D'aKar Templar

[member="Orex Mauda"]

The air-lock remained as still as the space surrounding the two, now connected vessels. And yet D'aKar could feel the presence of another being on the other side of the metal. D'aKar immediately realised that it was not the ship who's power of attraction he could sense from so far away but instead the sheer power of this being. He re-contemplated his prior risk assessment but it was too late to flee now. D'aKar hesitantly walked over to the air lock control panel and opened the lock.

D'aKar was met with a figure of roughly the same height and proportions as himself and yet he felt minuscule in comparison. There wasn't a single hope in the entire outer rim of him besting this individual in a duel he could sense it. The character who stood before him, evidently a man of significant connection to the force, whom D'aKar could hardly gaze upon without feeling like he was loosing the will to engage in combat, merely stood there, menacingly.

D'aKar contemplated acting as a solicitor, although this man did not look like he would have appreciated an intrusive, religious door-knocker who had just boarded his ship. Instead D'aKar drew his scavenged vibrosword in anticipation.

Mauda

The pitch black door slid open, pressurised air hissed and diffused between the two spaces. What greeted Orex on the other side was a peculiar being.

Dressed in desert rags with a helmet of pieced-together rusty metal. He was both paler and taller than himself. But what resided within him was of much more interest to Orex. Strong, very strong in the Force, but it was like a mess. It was not refined. But that wasn't necessarily decided by the figure. As if his internal contortion was deeper than his mind. Orex probed the individuals mind, explored what lurked within.

In the brief seconds the pair spent facing eachother, Orex pulled what he could find from the figure. Abandoned, discarded and left to rot. But there was something else. His origin. As if it were shared by hundreds of others.

A Clone? Orex wondered.

Just as he began to piece together an assessment, the Clone placed his hand over a hidden blade and began to slowly draw it. Orex frowned and in an instant, flicked his wrist. The moment the airlock opened, Orex had been probing the Clone with the Force, exploring the intricacies that built its body. Before the Clone could draw his weapon, Orex carried the Force over each finger that had wrapped around the Vibro-hilt and splayed them apart into a high-five.

"I think we should talk."

Orex's voice came out deep and artificial, passed through his Half-Mask's vocoder. He slowly relaxed his grip over the Clone's fingers and turned to walk back to the bridge, expecting him to follow.

@D'aKar Templar

D'aKar, shocked by this one's direct manipulation of the force, obediently followed his superior's path in silence until they came to the ship's command deck. the mysterious individual calmly but swiftly wheeled on D'aKar. This time he could look upon his face without feeling drained, strange.
"you wanted to talk to me" stated D'akar, the slightest quake resonating in his sentence

@Orex Mauder

Mauda

@D'aKar Templar

Orex's eye pierced into the black hole that was the Clone's own Helmet. There was no expression in the Clone, but Orex felt it. The growing fear. But he bypassed that and delved deeper into the Force Signature of the Clone. It was what brought him so far from his usual activities. It was unique. It was potential. He looked the Clone up and down with almost no expression in his face. Orex clasped his hands behind his back and continued to gaze into the Clone.

"Hm. Who are you. And don't give me just a name. Smalltalk is fatally boring"

Orex mused, fighting back a grin. The last time he engaged in simple smalltalk was with a woman on Coruscant. Nice woman, a Mother. But she was being awfully uncooperative with DEAD at the time.

The smalltalk lasted about as long as her spine did.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

"My name is D'aKar Templar, I remember not from where or who I originate. I'm sure you've deduced I'm a clone, I too came to this conclusion after escaping a rancor pit filled with many who looked not unlike myself. I fled on a junker's ship from this planet to another town as Absit. It was here a kind engineer took me under his wing and taught me the ways of machinery. I appear to be somewhat gifted in the ways of the force yet I know not to what extent. May I ask why it is I have been drawn to your presence" D'aKar said more confidently

Mauda

@D'aKar Templar

Templar was settling into his environment quickly. Something Orex didn't come across very often. His expression remained the same as Templar spoke, only taking on a more thoughtful hue when the question was posed to him. Indeed he'd thought himself but had not come to a conclusion. Orex broke his gaze, turned around and returned to staring into the abyss.

"If I were so inclined, I would say Fate. But such ideas are ignorant of the natural universe. We have been drawn to each other simply due to the nature of the Force. But I would say only beings of particular.. strength are drawn such distances as we have been."

Orex turned his head in the direction of Templar, but kept his back facing the Clone.

"I come from the Core Worlds and yet I could hear you from half-way across the Galaxy. That, is not natural to all users of the Force. There is something that resides within you that hasn't been exploited."

Orex turned to face Templar again. The real question he intended to pose was burning in the forefront of his mind, but he contained himself in the moment and resorted to simple philosophy.

"Where are you Going?"

Was a question he asked few. He seeded Templar's mind with thought, images of life and movement. He didn't give him the answer as the answer to such a question came from the recesses of the Individual's mind. How they answered often determined what Orex thought of them.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

"I seek" D'aKar paused "A brighter future. one without the petite squabbles of inferiors intercepting the path to the future"

A face of scorn came across D'aKar's face "The Sith, my old master, the one who created and disregarded me. I remember, he was a Sith. How unfortunate that I share a philosophy with such.... a distasteful bunch"

D'aKar's hand twitched into a fist temporarily before unclenching almost as fast as it had tensed. The ship moved slightly but negligibly. However Orex noticed

"Tell me now and tell me honestly, what religion do you consider true"

Mauda

Orex raised an eyebrow to Templar's response. It was strikingly similar to his own and certainly a cut above his other Apprentice's whom he was forced to rip from the clutches of their respective allegiances. Templar clenched his briefly and Orex felt it. An immediate and intense wave of anger. Frustration. So much so it very noticeably rocked The Myrkur. A motion Orex took quite heavily into account.

"It's more than pleasing you refer to them as Religions. With what you've said I'm inclined to think of our meeting as much more than mere science. But let's not fall into the realm I feel we both may despise."

Orex approached Templar, His eyes raising slightly to meet the Clone's,

"In response to your question, there is only one true Religion. That of Nature, of Science. My God is not the Force, it is Physics. My place of worship is wherever Technology is bred. I serve only to bring this Galaxy an enlightened future. I feel as though you may share this particular mindset and so I must ask, would you consider yourself willing to take upon yourself the singular task of Extinguishing ignorance. Purging Dogmatism?"

@D'aKar Templar

"I'm relieved to find another like-minded soul" D'aKar responded, the elevation noticeable in his voice

"more than willing, I feel it my duty, my lord" D'aKar replied, unbeknownst to Orex's name felt it necessary to input a title here as the man in front of him was, quite clearly a man of great stature

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Mauda

Orex was taken aback by the title he had just received. It was an immediate jump, but one Orex certainly welcomed.

"Well then. I'm glad we got to the point. My name is Orex Mauda, welcome to The Cassum Cabal."

Orex briefly bowed his head to Templar then turned around, returning to his position before the Bridge Windows. "Take your ship and meet me on Coruscant"

@D'aKar Templar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom