Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shards Of The Past

Coruscant- Early evening

It had been several days since Alex had been medically evacuated from Metellos, and during that entire time, his companion, the Rutian Twi'lek Seku Bondara, had stayed at his bedside, watching over him like a hawk, in spite of the doctors insistence that he was in good hands. Life as an SIA operative had engrained the tenet of 'Trust, but verify' deep into her psych.

Alex stirred and opened his eyes, noticing Seku sitting next to his bed.

"How long have I been out?"

"Few days now," Seku replied, trying unsuccessfully to stifle a yawn.

"When did you sleep last? You look like hell."

"Yeah? Well, you still look about half past Bantha poo yourself, Champ."

"Oh? So what was the verdict when they brought me in?"

"Concussion, several cracked ribs, and your spine took a real beating," Seku answered. "But the doctors are telling me you're well on the way to a complete recovery, thanks to the bacta tank immersions."

"Well, thank the Force for modern medicine."

"I have a question for you," Seku said. "And I want you to answer me honestly. Who's this Darth Amarok?"

"Where did you hear that name?!"

"You've been talking in your sleep. I ran the name through the data bases at the office," Seku answered. "All I found were a few vague references to a possible previously unknown Sith Lord operating in the Outer Rim, but absolutely nothing concrete."

"The reason SIA doesn't have any sort of a substantial file, is because he literally didn't exist until after I went missing..."

"I think I know where this is headed, so I'm just going to jump past you here for a bit. You were Darth Amarok?"

"It pains me to admit it, but yes."

"Alex, why would you do such a thing?!....especially after what the Sith did to you and your family all those years ago?"

"Hirani, think! You honestly believe that what I did was of my own free will? That I wanted any of that?"

"I've often been told that light or dark isn't a feeling, but a choice. Isn't that what you Jedi always say?"

"I didn't make that choice...not willingly! You have to trust me on this."

An awkward silence passed, as Seku processed what Alex was telling her.

"Are you ever going to be completely rid of her," Seku finally asked. "Venge, I mean."

"I don't know," Alex admitted. "She crawled inside my head shortly after I landed on Metellos, said that I reeked of the Light, and that she would always be a part of me, whether I wished it or not. I'm still trying to figure out how she's able to converse with me, despite being nowhere on the same planet."

"Don't look at me, I'm just a spy. This Jedi and Sith stuff is way over my head."

"Might be time to consult the Jedi Archives, see if any of those dusty old holocrons has anything to point me towards an answer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom