Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shall We?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darell Irani"]

Ahto City
Maaaan

"I hope you understand why we left you out of the vote, Mister Irani. Even so, we reached a supermajority within the Trust."

Selka's office overlooked one of the floating arcology's semicircular bays. Through a panoramic window the size of an ancient Firaxa, the sunrise lit the white office into red-and-yellow flame. Shadows deepened around the potted plants (dart flowers, Murakami orchids, fear moss behind glasteel).

"I've been asked," said Selka after a moment, "to be the instrument of our Clause Seventeen action. As per the Foundation Trust's contract with you, we're recognizing your standing priority claim and triggering the buyback at tier-appropriate levels. Congratulations, Mister Irani. To everyone's advantage, Iron Crown is yours again."

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
TO: [member="Darell Irani"]

I think we've all done well for ourselves here, Darell. Under the Trust's influence, Iron Crown has grown exponentially. We've standardized, consolidated, and otherwise tidied up the corporation's disparate assets. You're regaining control of possibly the galaxy's largest shipbuilding corporation - certainly in terms of shipyards owned and rented out and so forth.

Two items of note. First, I wanted to assure you that your position in the Trust will remain, if you wish. You've done right by us. We'll keep you in the loop on future projects.

Second, in regards to the material I left in some of our yards once upon a time, be advised that the same material is currently located in all One Sith shipyards. It remains inert. I trust you'll choose the appropriate moment. I'm available for consultation.

Rel

TO: [member="Rel Connory"]

To say I am pleased about our progress would be an understatement, Rel. The Trust has done an excellent job focusing on Iron Crown’s strengths and specialities, and it has shown in its growth.

As you might know I have made some headway in fortifying our position in the Unknown Regions by the way of the First Order. It remains to be seen how successful they will be in maintaining order and stability in one of the more chaotic places of the Galaxy, but it is a worthwhile test case, in my opinion.

As for your second point.

I have been made aware of some rumblings between the Alliance and the Sith, this could present us with an unique opportunity. I am currently looking into trustworthy associates and your name is, of course, on the short list.

I will keep in touch.

Darell

[member="Selka Ventus"]

Red and gold and orange burned through the glass and cast much of the room a peculiar light. One of the figures in the room stood near that same window, looking over and at the same panoramic view; Irani never had much time to spare to simply enjoy a beautiful sunrise.

"Of course." The man responded without much of hesitation. They had worked together many a time - Selka and him, from Kolto to Kolcta and from Zerek Red to the Foundation.

Enough time to know what they could expect from each other. Certain amount of trust, even if it was the trust of two distrustful people knowing exactly how far their distrust ran.

"Ah." Irani turned around and studied Ventus for a moment, before inclining his head a fraction. "The Foundation has done a stellar job of focusing Iron Crown on its specialities."

"To no one’s surprise, of course."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darell Irani"]

"The Trust is unique in its goals, Mister Irani. It shouldn't be, but it is, and as a result it's become unique in its composition. And, in turn, its collective abilities. By and large, we achieve what we set out to achieve." A faint smile. "So far, anyway. As for what happens next, I believe Connory and Linna Beorht have something in mind. I'm comfortable following their lead on this one. You remember I sold my interest in iBorg last year, and I quite enjoyed the iBorg experience -- lifting a promising startup from nowhere. But I enjoyed renovating Iron Crown just as much. I suspect whatever project the Trust selects, I'll be able to find it interesting. Connory was a three-term Republic Senator; Beorht was the Omega Protectorate's press secretary, then had a cabinet seat, then worked as a political pundit on Coruscant during the height of the Republic's power. Between the two of them, they know politics inside and out. I suspect we'll see those preferences reflected in Iron Crown's next project, whatever that may be."

It was, in part, a lie. Though she had respect for the judgment of the parties involved, and would act content to let others decide the Trust's agenda, part of her would never be satisfied with passivity. That part of her was Whiphid.

Fortunately, she had her own priorities on the side. Irani might or might not need to know about those.

"Tell me, Mister Irani. Do you have any connections in the Mandalorian territories, or the Mandalorian Empire?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom