Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shall we meet upon the Dawn

[SIZE=12pt][member="Alexander Sannes"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was a new senator on board Faith remembered when she was the junior Senator from Alderaan how alien she felt walking into the chamber for the first time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She wasn’t sure what to say or do except to listen. And that was all she did was listen but once she figured a few things out Faith believed they all wished she had gone back to listening rather than talking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But that was a time ago now, and times had changed. Now she was going to take the new Senator in hand meet with him on his home world, and answer any questions she could to help him acclimate to the Senate and for her to know his home world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her shuttle arrived at the designated landing pad, she walked off slowly looking for Alexander.[/SIZE]

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Alexander on the side of the landing pad was less than thrilled at the moment as an aide chatted his ear off. Of course it was a friend of his family's too, so it was all appearances in order to make it look like he was no problem child who had vied for a spot he did not deserve. The annoyance though as taxing as the man's ramblings about how there was much more proper dress for a senator didn't phase Alexander in the end. In the end all he cared for was what the day had in store for him and that was the meeting with the senator from Alderaan.

Who came into sight at just the perfect time. His hand came up to silence the man beside him before he gave a small wave of his hand for him to leave. He knew the moment the action was done the kind of glare he got from the aging aide but he didnt have time to deal with that. Any other day he would deal with issues that drew his attention. But the way he was dressed was no so important to keep the fellow Senator waiting. And to be even more fair on that point. His clothing hadn't even been that troublesome.

It was that it was too Simple is the problem and to the man who in contrast had these bright and vibrant colors crawling over his body like someone had set off a firework that had no reason of being there... he preferred the dark and plain looking jacket over a comfortable set of clothing under neath. There was nothing special about it. Just that it was him in something he was comfortable with and that was what he was far more interested in.

Faith recognized Senator [member="Alexander Sannes"] as she moved towards him, "Senator Sannes, I'm Faith Organa" She smiled broadly as she approached, "Thank you so much for meeting with me today i'm sure we both have so many questions, and I would love to see more of your homeworld."

He was well dressed comfortable a good sign, perhaps a confidence within himself. That would go a long way in the Republic. He has more confidence now then she did on her first day. Her guards were already moving around watching for any signs of trouble, they were every vigilant.

Her gaze settled upon the Senator, sometimes she wished she could read minds.

"I fully know who you are, your face has been quite the common sight since the failing of that woman..." He smiled back at her and waved his hand as she continue. "Please, no need to thank me. It would have been rude of me to deny you such a meeting when it is of quite an important state we are in as servants of the republic." He turned to walk with the woman as he smiled at the guards. "Don't worry. We Echani are extremely loyal and honored to have you here. I do wish you would have the chance to meet with our queen, but her current whereabouts do make that quite hard."

As he would walk there would be a mixed relaxation to him even as he held both his hands crossed behind his back. Every movement seemed gentle but at the same time controlled. It was more though as he looked at her that it was clear just as she wished she could read minds that he was studying her own body language to gauge what kind of person she was. It was a specialty of the race's. A way someone stood, looked about, or even breathed showed more about them than any word could describe and what he saw was a kind and curious woman at the moment. What interested him more though was the questions she had so he would smile as the last set of words left him. "Do go on, what is it you had to ask."

[member="Alexander Sannes"]

She nodded, "Very well. I do not know much about Echani, I do not wish to insult anyone, so. What are the rules, and customs of your world" It was true while Faith had traveled quite a bit she did not know as many races as she thought.

She loved to learn about them though, she had completed some reading on the way Echani were best known as warriors. "I hope you do not mind my question, it is a bit child like but it is not often that I travel"

She did not talk about the former Prime Minister it was a subject that still resonated with pain for Faith. Pain that someone she considered a friend had betrayed the Republic so badly. The damage would take a lot of time to repair, and even recovering from it would take its toll. But she wouldn't focus on that she was here to help the new Senator feel welcome and answer questions.

"The utter truth of the matter is that there iss not much that separates yourself from those of my kind. We are in most ways just as reserved as your people and though we are considered warriors, we are not people out to seek blood and blood alone like the Mandalorians are..." He paused, a small grimace touching his lips before he was able to push it to the side again. He hated needless conflict but it was a reality he lived with understanding. "The largest thing about the Echani are we are loyal. Loyalty and devotion are two things that most echani understand above anything else. Even in these times most Echani here would stand behind a queen we have not seen in a time or even behind the Republic no matter the threat." His hands ventured out infront of him now, running one through his hair as he thought about what more to tell her.

"Im sure you know what we are likely far more famous for. Warriors with few to compare, those being the Iridonians and Mandalorians. Its no accident the majority of my people, myself included, have knowledge of how to fight and further how to see a situation for more than it is. But it is our devotion that has turned our martial art into... well just that. An Art. You will never find a more fluid and reserved person than an Echani which leads to something else..." He looked at her as he spoke the last bit. "Be careful of your body. We can tell far more what a person truly believes through their body instead of their words. Words are not as telling as the body is and we have always prided ourselves on being able to tell a person from such..." He resumed his grin the moment he was done talking.

Alexander was a weird man, young and most definitely confident. But his words still held a bit of softness to them as well as a bit of wonder of his own. He enjoyed their conversation so far, not because she asked about his people but rather that she took the time to ask anything. He got annoyed when there were those that arrived or talked with him and had studied up on things beforehand. Granted its not a bad thing to do... its when you used that knowledge to make the one you are talking to appear to be a waste of your time. Alexander could do to never talk to someone like that again. "Did i sate your curiosity Miss Organa?"

She tried not to cringe when he said like the mandalorians are Faith nodded and laughed, "Yes Senator Sannes you have sated my curiosity, and now I wonder if there is something of this art form that I can learn." Faith enjoyed things that were physically challenging, and this sounded very much like it could be. She liked that he was forthcoming and willing to answer questions. She wanted to know also how much thought he gave to his answers on subjects that were more difficult.

"We of Alderaan are peaceful, perhaps too peaceful. We fight with words, but there are those that feel a military is needed." She didn't want to say that the Republic was seen as weak.

She instead focused on the meeting here, "And we enjoy all manner of food, House Organa once a year throws a ball where the galaxy's notables are invited, and then we throw another that is just for those of Alderaan."

They walked slowly as they talked and this Faith enjoyed, "I try not to hide anything, but my office often finds that a secret must be kept. Even if my body says there is one" She smiled again, "What do you like to do in your sparetime?" She was curious, did he practice martial arts, or perhaps cooked, or something else.

His brow raised without him able to hold its place and his eyes traveled back to her as she spoke. Learn about his people's art form like usage of physical force huh? Tat was surprising to hear her speak those words considering where she was from and who she appeared to be. It would seem that appearances told him less about her than he would have thought. "Learn it? I would gladly teach you Senator but forgive my surprise at the words. I was not expecting you to find the interest in our martial art that you seem to have." He turned his had back to look where he was walking to think on this fact.

Her following words surprised him all the more, not because they were unexpected but that she was so blunt about the usage of them. She wanted to portray more than one path and she was right to do so. Even as young as the man walking with her was, Alexander knew full well not every situation can be won with words and not every situation could be won with a blade. His own hand touching the saber he kept in his sleeve at all time. Hidden from everyone and secret to all but his closest family. He was no Jedi, nor no Sith, simply a young man that understood what he could do thanks to the ramblings of an old man from years ago. "Words can win wars just as a blade can. The strongest man is not the one that kills the most people, but the one that knows when mercy and judgement must be passed down, and how to use them. There are many that do not understand the careful hand that must judge each action like a grain of salt. One too many can shift the balance far more than one had expected."

His head nodded with her words about food, but the question about himself made him pause as he smiled. "Music is what i enjoy most, im not really one that enjoys the outer world as much as others do, but music and works of literature are what i find solace in. There is nothing more enticing than a book or a piece of art that could reach the ears and let one feel so differently just from the effect on your senses. And you though, what is it you do in your spare time senator."

What did Faith like to do in her spare time, "I like books, and music as well. But. I also enjoy riding, my home world use to have thranta where you could ride the high winds and see forever on a clear day." She grew a bit melancholy thinking about what her home world had looked like before the Sith ravaged it with vong technology. She swallowed hard and then resumed her conversation.

"I enjoy physical activity one reason I asked about the martial arts, and if you could teach me that would great." Their walk was quite enjoyable. Had she caught him off guard she knew she could be surprising afterall she was from Alderaan and they were known to be....agressive negotiators. Well not always.

"I do not always have spare time the days and hours often run together. Within those hours, I find moments where I can enjoy a meal, a game, or even just quiet conversation about something other than recent events within the Republic" Faith looked over giving him the you know what I am talking about look.

"What has made you want to be a Senator?"

He listened to her and then her last question came to pass which wiped him of anything he had to ask her. Why had he become a senator. "I suppose saying that the pay is good would be a bad answer, no?" He looked at her with a smile before turning his head to look at those around him. "In all honesty a family friend had asked my father to run for the position i now hold. It was a decision i had made on my own as my father had to worry about other things that could only draw his focus in this place in importance but.... now though. I do it for a few reasons." He ran a hand through his hair as he walked, his eyes scanning over the ground infront of him as he separated his thoughts into more digestible portions.

"It would be easy to say that i was doing it for others, it would be easy to say that i did it to create a world where the enemy of the Republic no longer threatened our lives as they were. But to be completely honest with you, my reasons are neither that or the other in their complexity. I am doing this because i can and it is my duty and right to. I serve those of the people int his office, that much is certain, yet at the same time i do not solely take that position as the basis for my full reasoning. Its hard to explain and i still have not been sure if it comes clearly." He stopped with his hand still in his hair before continuing to his neck and rubbing it. "But, the simple answer is im here because i want to be, and because it is my choice, no one else's."

[SIZE=12pt]Faith nodded, “I did not have a choice, my mother decided that all of her children needed a turn in the Senate to learn the workings of the Republic, my brother Theo went first, then my sister Alyesa, and now I am there.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith didn’t think that the others would ever have a turn in the Senate why, she didn’t know it was just a feeling.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“It is good, and a great relief to know you have this vision of things that you want to be, and do it will help you to [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]far.” Faith smiled then.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Do you come from a large family?” She wondered how much she and the new Senator had in common. Family, beliefs, and visions of the future. It would be good to have another Senator who shared similar visions.[/SIZE]

He walked as she spoke and listened to her speak of how her family rotated through the position. He had long watched the senate in knew the names that she listed off but rarely had he thought he would be in their position until recently. Infact his own age made him wonder if he rushed into this without thinking as long as he should have. There were senators in the past who had been younger yet than him but he was unsure just how young would turn out to be too much so. It was a thought that stuck with him even now as she talked with him.

Her question of his family though caught him a bit off guard in terms of what he should say on the fact. Sure he was atleast in his mind an only child, none of his siblings save his young sister did he truly feel connected to. But they were still family and that meant giving up anything to help the, just as he would for any others he cared about. "Family... not necessarily big. The only family member i truly feel close to is a younger sister, eight years my latter. It is a bit of a bridge but compared to my other siblings she is the one whom i care most for... why do you ask Senator Organa?"

"I only ask out of curiosity. I come from a large family I try to identify with others. that way I can then ask, did you ever play any tricks on them?" She smiled broadly, "I have always tried to play tricks on my brother [member="Theodosius"] he is such a brooding brother." She sighed but she missed him.

"And my family tends to influence me. My sister [member="Alyesa Organa"] and I don't see eye to eye on things and since we are both politicians family meetings are usually tension filled." Faith moved along still keeping the slow pace.

"As representatives of entire worlds we need to know the needs of those we represent, they need to influence how we vote. Our families, and culture play a part in how we think my family traditionally believes in peace. In keeping home natural working with the natural setting, while others believe every world should look like Coruscant." It was an odd conversation for certain but it was not an untruthful one.

"Do you agree?"

Alexander drew his hand to run it through his own hair again. His mind being occupied on the question that he had just been asked. What did he think when it came to her point as to how family and culture shaped the beliefs of those that represented them. Was that the same for him, or id he shape his own thoughts outside of those influences. "I cant say i have the same relation with my own family, i spent most of my time burrowed in a book or in my music and the one relation i had outside of that was not even with my family itself..." He paused as his hand that remained at his side brushed against the hidden saber once more.

"But, i do understand how the people of the planet i represent feel, and with that fact i do try to base my decisions by how they feel rather than my own mind at times. I hope that answers your question a little better Senator Organa. This conversation is a bit strange for me." He removed his hand after straightening his hair, crossing it behind him and sighing.

"i'm sorry I don't mean to be invasive or to press my opinions too far." Their walk was casual as if too old friends exchanging recipes as they walked, she kept her hands folded as she had been taught, and kept her gaze going from where she placed her foot to his face.

"Why do you find the conversation strange? Is it because the questions seem personal? It is offensive to be asked them in your society?" She smiled, "I don't want to offend your culture Senator, and I do not mean to pry, but I do not know if what I ask you it pushing a boundary of propriety"

In her house, it seemed nothing was too much. they spoke plainly and they said what they meant, not all were like this. So she had to remember to curb her curiosity.

"Not at all, my people are more open with eachother than most peoples. Our abilities to read eachother and those outside of our people through motions is something that helps show just how much we can't hide even if we wanted to. But for me im a bit more controlled in my reactions and conserved in how i am connected to others if that makes sense. It may sound weird but most of my efforts before my position now were in furthering my abilities with instruments or simply reading. I never once actually thought to become a public servant and unlike your family which is famous, mine is but a footnote in even my own people's history."

He walked more slowly now before stopping and looking to the side where a small forum like area was. "Have no worries though. If you have questions, feel free to ask them, i am more than happy to answer them. Weird as it is for me to actually talk about things like this."

Faith nodded, "What kind of books do you like? and..well, do you know the fire dance?" She smiled.

Her questions were focussed to find out more about [member="Alexander Sannes"] , little did the Senators know what the future held, and if they had what would the conversation be then between them?

Should they discuss the Republic position? They spent so much time doing politics it felt good not to do them. And to know how he felt, about himself, his people, and his responsiblity gave insight into him that Faith appreciated.

"I mostly enjoy old texts on the histories of worls and more importantly those of fantastical backgrounds. Legends and myths of a people can provide someone with a view far closer into thei history and culture than you would realize just by reading it. I enjoy knowing more about other people as i grow bored of being light in my knowledge of others. It also obviously aids in our specific job, does it not?" He smiled at her as his hands crossed behind him again and shook his head. "I sadly don't know how to do so, nor dance in general. Call me strange but i am likely the only blue blooded that you would find without that skill."

"I love history so much to learn from what was done, so that we don't do it again. Or that we can because it worked so well" Faith smiled. "No dancing huh. Funny my mother sent all of her children to learn to dance, cause as you say as nobles we should know how to dance right..well to be.my own person. I would always wear my boots to class, big clunky, lots of noise...and it drove the teacher insane."

Faith was rather proud of that, "Being of noble blood means we have a duty, but it doesn't mean we can't be unique. I don't want people to look at me and see HRH the Princess Faith of Alderaan....I want them to see Faith Balor-Organa , a Senator, and representative of her people. A person who does the right thing when it is hard to do so."

She shurgged, "old style thinking I guess" She thought of Bud. "I'm thirsty Alexander, can we get a drink please?"

His ears perked as she spoke of her own past with both history and her experience with dance. It made him smile thinking of a trainer being driven crazy by this woman who he stood beside all due to a choice of footwear. The thought of this woman causng a tutor of sorts to go insane over the sound, though he knew she had not driven him to such a point. It was none the less a funny thought to think of her doing so. "Well, for my own life i never was a very social member, surprising considering my position now in our galaxy. Yet iit was the truth and my appearance is likely a surprise to many people on my home."

His mind perked once more once she mentioned the thought of needing a drink. He had completely forgotten about something like that and for a few moments he had to think before nodding. "I think there is a small cafe a little bit from here. It is a nice place with little as it comes to customers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom