Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shakrin

SHAKRIN

Valin_Omar.jpg

NAME: Shakrin
FACTION: None, and not overly likely to be one.
SPECIES: Zabrak
SEX: Male
HEIGHT: 5'10"
WEIGHT: 165 lbs
EYES: Dark Brown with hints of Purple
HAIR: None
SKIN: Greenish Tan
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :
For starters he is a Zabrak. He possess two hearts, and a high tolerance for pain. Things that would otherwise deter many other species, physically, may do nothing at all to phase him. He uses this to his advantage often, as many seem reluctant to remember the strengths of his species. Additionally he is a trained hand to hand combatant, and proficient enough in weaponry to wield a lightsaber, though he does not own one. He has used one before, in aid of a Jedi that he'd been rather fond of, but that was years ago. His combat training served him well on Iridonia, though he was not satisfied with the simple conquests of his people, and found most things there to be petty.

He knows he has the capability to use the Force. Sometimes he has the capability to utilize it, normally for minor tasks. More often he relies on it to give him a greater awareness of his surroundings more than anything else. Its application in combat has eluded him, putting him at a disadvantage towards a great many Force users. He also possess a strong will and the ability to question almost any situation from multiple viewpoints, providing him with a thorough analysis of most situations.

Shakrin works freelance. He is not a mercenary or assassin or thief, and yet he is also all of them. Being capable of many things has led him to a life of doing many things. However, he has a particular fault which is that he often disagrees with the people that hire him and insists on being paid upfront, which creates few jobs for him. In addition, the nature of the mission may lead him to double cross the person that has hired him depending on his own sense of moral right and wrong. This serves as both a strength and a weakness. His ability to quickly choose sides leads him into safer situations, but at the same time his decisions against the people who employ him often lend to him having a higher bounty on his head. Needless to say, he's made as many enemies as he has friends.

APPEARANCE:
Reserved might be an adequate description of his appearance. Many in his line of existence might look nothing short of disheveled or sloppy. Shakrin looks neither of those, but also not formally done up. In fact, he's chosen a state of simple mediocrity for his attire. It helps him to blend in and maintain his existence of, well, simply non-existence. To most he is no one and he prefers it to be that way. Maintaining his attire in a fashion that is neither flamboyant or recognizable helps him to maintain his anonymity.

Like all Zabrak's he bears the facial tattoos. His symbolize his home on Iridonia while also displaying his natural talent as a combatant. This was chosen for him, as he would have preferred the simple markings identifying his home. Still, he wears the tattoos proudly and would never think to change them. They are a part of him.

His demeanor is simple and almost always calm. He carries himself with the same simpleness that his clothes address. He rarely makes threatening gesture, and rarely does anything to call great attention to himself. His walk is purposeful, but simple in nature, never pushing too hard, but always maintaining a stride proportionate to his height. He rarely ever hurries. Steady and methodical are two good terms to identify his physical demeanor.

BIOGRAPHY:
An Excerpt from the Journal of Galactic Anthropology, Issue 475, Article titled "Tales from Gordo's Cantina" by Dr. Siras Nod:

I sat in the cantiina in my usual booth, listening to the conversations around me. It was a normal day on Denon. Everyone was rushing this way and that. Few people took time to rest in the Cantina as it was still mid-morning, not yet time for the lunch rush. This made it the perfect time for me to be observing the cantina, however, because it was much quieter. The din of noise remained outside, rather than within. Overhearing conversations came at a much easier effort. Still, on this particular day it could have been louder and I would have been fine as I was listening to the conversation directly behind me.

A young Zabrak was talking to a Trandoshan. I do not know either of their names, as neither mentioned any, but the Zabrak was of particular note. There was a peculiar air about him.

"I very well understand the position that you are in. It is, without a doubt, one that will get you killed. I do not owe you any service and I will not offer it," the Zabrak said. The way he talked should have declared an heir of indifference or even disdain, but I found that, much to my surprise, he actually spoke with a sense of calm.

"You will not help?" The Trandoshan asked. I will note that I am transferring the words of the Trandoshan into Basic as he was speaking his native tongue.

"I do not place myself into situations where I must choose sides in galactic unrest," the Zabrak responded. "On one hand you have a group that offers darkness, but a sense of order. On the other you have one that offers light, and still order. Many claim this to be good versus evil, but all I see are two sides of the same coin. Neither can exist without the other, and neither is worth more than the other. Each has its merits, and each has its faults. They may display themselves differently, but they are surely the same entity."

"How does that apply to me."

"Let me tell you a story," the Zabrak began. This I found most interesting of all. "I grew up on Iridonia. There I trained in the martial fighting style of my people. I met many outsiders, but of all of them, only one being has ever stood out to me as an exceptional being of moral fortitude, and that person was a Jedi. The Jedi was visiting in an effort to study my people." How amusing that I was studying him at the same moment. Much is known already of the Zabrak species, but this one is certainly unique. "The Jedi told me that I have the gift of being able to touch the Force. However, unlike what many Jedi, Sith, or similar, would normally do, he did not try to recruit me to his Order. In fact, he expressly told me the perils of joining any side at all. He said that no matter what side you chose, at some point you would always be tasked with doing wrong.

"I was a youngling at the time, and the Jedi fell into battle with a group of warriors on my planet. He fell and I took up his blade to defend his honor, vanquishing the foes that remained. I then buried the Jedi in an unmarked location, leaving his lightsaber with him. You see, this Jedi had taught me something that no one else in this galaxy will believe: that everyone is right, because everyone is wrong. There is no right and wrong, there are only shades of gray. That single piece of knowledge gave me a greater understanding of the galaxy."

"Again, I fail to see how that applies here."

"It applies to everything. In this case it applies to the fact that what you're really asking me to do is sacrifice my own health and well-being in defense of your own, because you hope that in the end I will die so that you may live. Rather than fight your own battles, you wish for me to act as a stand in. You have created this problem for yourself, and it is up to you to deal with it. Those who rely on others to solve their problems do only harm. That is why I bend to no leader, and always do only what I feel I must. I will not waste my life for you. This is your problem. You can solve it."

The Zabrak must have stood up as he talked, for as soon as he finished speaking he turned and left without another word. He was a strong looking young one, given what I know of the species. With his grasp of what he believes to be right and wrong, I would not wish to cross paths with him in a darkened alley. That being said, I found this interaction to be most peculiar. Never in my life had I been left with as many questions about civilization and life in this galaxy. Listening to this quick conversation has led me to a new path of research. I must seek this Zabrak out again and follow his exploits. I believe he may make a unique impact upon this galaxy.

If I can find him, that is.

SHIP:
He owns a Skipray Blastboat. Nothing fancy, standard painting patterns and loadout.

KILLS:
None

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:
None

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom