Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shake off all of your sins

For all that she was sometimes a strange girl, Token knew how important where she came from was to who she was. That was a reason why she had hopped the Corellian Run from Confederate space, after stopping at a Silk Refueling platform, of course, and made her way to her homeworld. It was almost a half of a year, wasn’t it? That was scary, and intense. She wasn’t sure what she should be feeling, but she was pretty dressed down, compared to her normal style, as she walked through the graveyard.

Trent and Jackie Waters. The latter part of some proud military family of Corellia, and the former the heir to a successful shipping company. Well, a small company, nothing like what she was seeing in the Confederate space, from Arceneau or from Silk. Those were successful, but Waters Shipping, that was a small company who took solid jobs. There was nothing to look down on there.

But really, this whole situation, it was odd, right? Her parents were always there, and her brother, where did he even go? She ran a hand through her hair. Was it always gray skies in a cemetery? She felt like it might. Still, the little blonde was just trying to think. Really, should she even visit? It was an accident, after all. All that happened. And she knew where she shouldn’t be. What she wanted was to be in the right place to learn.

And she wanted to stop waking up screaming. That part had to go. She felt bad for Sindy, having to deal with that. She felt she was getting better, but… She just didn’t know.

@[member="Judah Lesan"]

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Judah was still on Corellia. He was still looking for where to go next. There was on "friend" he was looking for, if @[member="Katara Starkos"] could be considered a friend. Judah didn't know what they were. All he knew was that she had made him seriously question his devotion to the Jedi Code. Since meeting her Judah was curious about his past. It made him willing to join the Army of Light where he met a Rutian Twi'lek @[member="Cambria Zadira"]. She also made Judah question the code, though Judah never said anything to her because he did not want to make her question what she believed.

The search led to discovering who his parents were. KeRon and Ellona Lesan were names he only remembered, as it turned out they were also two names which appeared in the records of deceased persons. The former Jedi Knight found the cemetery where there bodies had been laid to rest. It was a difficult thing for him to do. How was he supposed to grieve for people he did not really know, yet everything within him told him he should. Blasted emotional attachments, something Judah had been struggling with ever since that redhead first walked into his life, and walked right out of it.

"So I guess I'm supposed to tell you to rest in peace or something like that," Judah said looking at their grave markers.

It was all he could think to stay. There was only one thought burning in his mind now. Judah was truly alone. His family gone. What was he supposed to do with himself now?

@[member="Token Waters"]

Token had been getting antsy before even the worst had happened. That was what started her journeying around the galaxy, both with and without her family. And then the time she did go on a trip with her parents… that happened. She really didn’t want to revisit that, but she probably would have to, eventually, huh? Especially if she was going to do anything with the Force in the future.

Should she even consider that?

What would they say?

At least she made it away from the Sith?

There was that. So maybe the future wasn’t so dark as she thought? Right. What was she supposed to say here? They weren’t here, just a marker to remember them. But Token remembered them plenty well, was it even necessary for her to stop by this place? She shrugged and smoothed her dress out. There really wasn’t much to say, so long as she lived how would make them proud, right? Walking away, she nodded. That was when she realized she wasn’t really alone. There was someone nearby.

She bit her lip and tried to make it like she hadn’t noticed him. Privacy was important. But there was that part of Token who wanted to say hi, and to see how the person was. That part of her always showed up. Maybe she could just... not this time?

@[member="Judah Lesan"]

Judah was rarely out in the open as he was standing in the cemetery. It was dangerous for him to do so. When he had to be in the open, Judah's senses were extended and his aura masked. That's why the rogue Knight knew the blonde a few plots over was wrestling with whether or not she should approach him. Her concern for his well being was broadcast rather loudly through the force, and there was also an inkling of force sensitivity with her. Trained or not, Judah could tell there was something there. They would meet eventually. The girl was set on it, whether she knew it or not, so Judah made the meeting happen on his terms.

"I'm okay if you must know," Judah said without turning to look her way. "I didn't know them well, or how it happened. I've been too busy doing Jedi things to find them."

That was a way to break the ice. Now to actually meet the girl. She was dressed nice, as opposed to the typical green ranger robes that Judah wore. The blonde seemed from a privileged background, and was attractive, though Judah's mind was not concerned with that, not with her at least. Judah's mind and emotions would always be for another. A hand was extended as Judah greeted the blonde with a smile. Judah was anything but rude, besides he was Corellian, and had to use his smug smile for something.

"Judah Lesan, and you are?

@[member="Token Waters"]

There really wasn’t a wall when it came to Token and what she broadcast in the Force. She wasn’t trying to block anything, but she wasn’t trying to broadcast. She just… was. Y’know, a bunch out there and everything. It wasn’t something she knew how to control, really. When the man started to speak, it almost started her. Looking up, she blushed.

“Oh… sorry.” She bit her lip, letting color creep into her features. “You’re a Jedi?” She smiled. That meant he wasn’t a bad person, right? Nope, good guy! Or something. She had met a few Sith that were good guys as well, they were just… Templar now, and following a code.

Maybe she should get out there and try to find someone to teach her how to do the Force stuff, and y’know, not fry everything. That was beyond her comprehension, and frankly, it scared her. Maybe she’d keep avoiding the Force. But he was talking to her? Right! Friendly! She could so do that!

“I’m Token Waters. You can call me Token, or Brooke, if you want.” She shrugged, she didn’t mind her first name, but some found it odd. Blame her parents. "So, if you didn't know them why'd you come?" And there she was, pouring salt in the wound.

@[member="Judah Lesan"]

"Yes and no," Judah said matter of fact. "I used to be a Jedi, but still live like one.

Judah wouldn't blame her if she was confused. So was he. That's why he was on Corellia in the first place. The shadow was looking for the answer to one question, what next? @[member="Token Waters"] was as likely to have that answer as the next person. What Judah needed to know more than anything was where his skills were needed. The Knight was not content with laying around and doing nothing. He needed to belong to something. It was all his identity had ever been wrapped up in. If he was not a Jedi then who was he?

"They were my parents. I'm here because it seemed like the right thing to do. What about you, why are you here?"

She looked at him. That was a bit of a confusion, wasn’t it? Well, maybe not as much as she could build into it, but this was Token Waters, after all. She was the queen of looking too far into things. “Why do you keep following it, if you’re not a Jedi?” That was the big question. Not being able to love? That was scary.

As for next? Token had a hard time focusing herself. She just kind of went with the flow, and right now that flow was bringing her back and forth to Confederate Space. It was as good a home as any, and she had Sindy and friends there! So that was as important as anything to her. Besides, they knew what happened, and didn’t seem to judge her too hard about it,

“My parents passed away some months ago. I’m… I don’t really live here anymore, but I figured, I needed a few things, and taking a stop by before heading off world again.” And even out of the Core.
@[member="Judah Lesan"]

"That's a very good question," Judah thought aloud.

He had been asking himself that question for sometime now, but could never come to a better answer than it was all he knew. It was about identity for the Knight. Truth be told, Judah was no longer a Jedi, and as such, there was no need for him to follow the code, or live by it, any longer. Of course that made his mind wander back to @[member="Katara Starkos"] and @[member="Cambria Zadira"] once again. One had made him feel things which for a Jedi were wrong. The other she had brought those kinds of feelings to the surface again as well. In the end Cambria and Judah parted ways after the Army of Light dissolved as very close friends, family to a degree.

"I suppose you could say I have made attachments before. I am still close to another Knight even though we do not see each other often. She could be considered a sister if you wanted to call it anything. Then there was that redhead," Judah said his entire demeanor turning to one of want and desire. "That girl goes mach 10 with her hair on fire."

Judah wasn't going to say it out loud, but he sure thought it. He should have gone after her when she started walking off. They did not part ways on unfriendly terms in any sense. In fact just the opposite. It was the only "what if" Judah had in his life. What would have happened had he gone after that redhead. Would they have shared more than just one kiss? Would Judah have left the Jedi for her? The questions quickly left his mind when Token mentioned the graves belonged to her parents as well.

The Knight honestly could not sympathize with the loss, but he was a strong empath which meant he almost always had to help. It was a compulsion with him. That's why he needed find where he belonged now that he was no longer a Jedi. Judah could always go back, but he wasn't going to. How could he when he no longer agreed with their code. Right, back to Token's problems. What a situation. This was like the blind leading the blind.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Where are you going? Maybe there is someway I can help?"

@[member="Token Waters"]

She looked up to the man, @[member="Judah Lesan"]. What was going on with him? She bit her lip and tipped her head to the side. Token knew where she was coming from, but for him? For most people? She would just need to ask. So, he was stuck in with attachment coming from the Jedi? That was something tricky, wasn’t it? Blinking at him, she nodded. “You sound captivated by her.”

One thing Token knew was love. That was for sure, how to and what it was all about.

She didn’t know how to approach this. “Why don’t you go after her?” That was the only question on her mind. How could he just leave her like that? How come he didn’t still have her? Should she ask? Probably not.

“I’m heading back to the Confederacy. They’ve taken a liking to someone I’m close with, and they’ve held me up there too. It’s a nice place!” Beach parties and camping trips!

Yeah, Judah was still asking himself that same question. Why didn't he go after her. Why hadn't the Knight just thrown the code out the window then and chase @[member="Katara Starkos"]. He could have and should have. There was no telling what had happened in five years. She could have fallen in love with someone, gotten married, formed an attachment with someone who actually could form one. The Knight certainly hadn't expected she would wait, hoping for the day he would be willing to leave the order. They had shared an adventure and one kiss, one very amazing, reaches to the toes, makes you tingle all over, unforgettable kiss. Judah could still taste her lips, but that was five years ago.

"I don't know why I didn't," Judah answered.

That was all he planed on saying on the matter. He didn't know Token, so why did he think he could open up to her. The Confederacy sounded interesting. Did he want to join another group? Maybe, belonging to a group was how he had identified himself for so long. Judah couldn't help himself though. He nodded to @[member="Token Waters"], and stayed on the subject of Katara Starkos.

"Have you ever kissed someone and just got lost in the moment? I mean it was almost as if the force was saying we belonged together, but I was stupid and let her go. The way she waggled those eyebrows at me almost dared me to follow."

Was that the trick with being in the Jedi? Weighing the world and wants, the biological stuff, and the normal stuff, against the thinking mind? That was one thing the blonde would always side with the Sith for, they loved their emotions. She couldn’t separate herself from them, no sir. Nope, she was going to chase her passions, so long as she didn’t go crazy. That was the thing that scared her of the Sith. Probably for the best, right?

She pursed her lips and nodded. “Well, you should think ‘bout that!” Yep, because that was simple.

Really, Token?

“Aren’t you always supposed to get lost in a kiss? The ones that matter, anyway.” She shrugged at @[member="Judah Lesan"]. It made sense to her. It was how she worked. Granted, Token did a lot of kissing, but the feeling, at least physically was always such a good feeling! “Can you find her again?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom