Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Aldiydan Aleazima “Sandworms”

Status
Not open for further replies.
“In the dark times there was pain, then the force sent the great worm to eat the sins of the world. When they come they bring salvation and consume the wicked. So says the prophecy of Aldiydan aleazima!

s6rH38L.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Aldiydan Aleazima “Sandworms”
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Origins: Zonju V
  • Average Lifespan: 300 to 500 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Procreation: Asexual
  • Description: Large sand burrowing worms with thick outer caprice and unique connection to the force.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 7 to 10 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: 5 to 100 meters
  • Skin color: light tan to dark brown
  • Hair color: NA
  • Distinctions: Can be ridden by those with neutral or force alignment, this species hunts those with strong with the dark side so will not obey their commands and will instead attempt to throw and attack them.
  • Races: NA
  • Force Sensitivity: High
  • Speed: When used as a mount can travel at speeds similar to a tauntaun, or other such beast of burden
Strengths:
  • Outer carapace is thick and is able to absorb damage like a blast door.
  • Teeth are very sharp and can cut into many common metals
  • All parts of outer carapace and teeth exhibit force cancelling ability. (Note: effect is weak and can be used to absorb force lighting for a few seconds but are not any greater than that. / Effect is also contact and so does not affect any force effect near it but will make force users feel weak if they come into contact with. )
  • Scales that fall of carapace can be fashioned into armor that has protective properties to that of durasteel or other such goods such as gun stocks and weapon handles.
  • Teeth that fall out and are replaced over time, can be shaped into blades such as daggers, knives and short swords.
Weaknesses:
  • Sensitive to cold, exposure to freezing temps will kill them in minutes
  • If submerged in water they will drown with in minutes
  • Insides and area between segments are very squishy and take damage very easily
  • Can not be tamed by those who use the dark side of the force
  • Like a blast door outer carapace can be pieced by Lightsabers and heavy weapons.
  • Will attack any and all Dark side users with little to no warning and even if the user is more powerful then they.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore, Other - Also eat metals from environment to maintain outer caprice and replace lost teeth.
  • Communication: Sonic vibration
  • Technology level: NA
  • Religion/Beliefs: NA:
  • General behavior: Will travel alone, roaming deserts of Zonju looking for food and anything exuding dark side energy. This species is attracted to any typed of rhythmic vibration and the natives use this to call them to the surface when they wish to try and ride them. During the day they are most active, as the sun seems to warm them and stimulate activity. At night they tend to burrow deep into the sands where it is warmer but will still come to the service if stimulate by a sonic disturbance or a strong enough dark side presence is felt. There creatures have no mating season or mates at all, instead they will asexually reproduce when there is room enough in their habitat to support another.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

In the beginning there was great despair, the folk of the desert were hunted by a great may beasts created by a dark wizard (Sith lord). His creations spread out through the desert and tormented the chosen. The the force brought Aldiydan Aleazima to Zonju V. It was the great worm that freed the people of the sand from the dark terrors and to this day seeks to cleanse the sands of the beast and unclean alike.

It is not known when the Zonju Sandburrows came to Zonju V but has been discovered they are not a native species. While exact numbers are not known estimates puts them maybe in the hundreds. From recent archaeological research it is believed that sect of Jedi or force aligned alchemists, from before the fall of the great republic may have altered the sandborrows of Blenjeel and brought them to Zonju to combat sith spawn experiments that had been let loose on Zonju.

This assertion is further backed up by the legends held by the people of this region and scientific observation of the creatures then captured and studied in captivity. Naturally drawn to the dark side of the force they have a unique ability to seeming absorb and nullify the effects of this energy. Other known effects and uses for this species are that the younger of this species are able to be tamed and ridden by most people with courage to face the open desert, older and larger will only allow those strong with the force to ride them. The people of the open desert consider this a great honor. The worms are holy to them and will kill any one or any thing that try to harm them. The natives will collect the teeth and sections of outer armored seem to fall out or shed on a regular basis which are then used to make armor and melee blades. When encountering one it is best to work with a stumbling or non-rhythmic gate as this will not draw them to you.

Historic video of one being tamed by great spiritual leader

Last edited:
[member="Maokai Bantam"] Hello! These worms of yours are super neat, and I'm excited to see what players do with them in the future! That said, there are a few things I've found that need some minor adjusting.

Maokai Bantam said:
Intent: Create a unique creature, basis for crafting materials, and mount for Zonju V
Please link Zonju V either here or in the "Links" section of the template.

Maokai Bantam said:
Canon: Based of Blenjeel sandburrowers Links: NA
Since this is a custom species, and only based on a canon one, the link for the Sandburrowers should go in the "Links" section. You can just but "N/A" where you have the link right now :D

Maokai Bantam said:
Breathes: Nitrogen/Oxygen atmosphere
Please change this to either Type 1, or Type 2 atmosphere. I believe either of these options will suit this species just fine, though personally I would choose Type 1 :)

Maokai Bantam said:
General behavior: Will travel alone, roaming deserts of Zonju looking for food and anything exuding dark side energy.
Can you expand this section? As it is, it's quite bare, and doesn't tell me a lot about your species. I noticed you added this section to the template:

Maokai Bantam said:
Procreation: Asexual
This could be used to expand your General Behavior section, along with any information on how they interact with others of their species should they happen to come across one another.

Now, I do have some other suggestions for you, but you don't have to do these as they're just suggestions.

Maokai Bantam said:
Distinctions: Young ones can be ridden by those with neutral or force alignment.

Maokai Bantam said:
Teeth and outer hide absorb the dark side of the force on contact - Effect makes dark side force users feel weak over time and can cancel out weak dark side effects.

Maokai Bantam said:
Younger of this species are able to be tamed and ridden

Maokai Bantam said:
All parts of outer caprice and teeth exhibit dark side cancelling ability. (Note effect is weak and can be used to absorb force lighting for a few seconds but are not any greater than that. / Effect is also contact and so does not affect any dark forces near it)
Since you listed these two pieces of information earlier in the sub, you could remove the second mentions you've placed in the list of strengths in your historical information section. I would also probably expand on why it's only the younger ones that can be tamed, and on why it's teeth and outer hide have that ability here like you did in your history. :)

Maokai Bantam said:
Scales that fall of caprice can be fashioned into armor that has protective properties to that of durasteel or other such goods such as gun stocks and weapon handles. Teeth that fall out and are replaced over time can be shaped into blades such as daggers, knivesand short swords.
Since these are just more strengths they don't really belong in the "Historical Information" so I would suggest just adding them into the species strengths section.

Maokai Bantam said:
You use this word to describe the outer skin of the worms in multiple places, do you mean "carapace"?

You've also switched the colors used for the "Strengths:" and "Weaknesses:" which can cause a little bit of confusion for someone trying to read that section. I would suggest you restore the original colors for those section headers, for future readers :D

I'm sure it looks like a lot, but it's mostly just some quick changes. You can take as much time as you need to make the changes I've asked for, and decide on if you want to follow any of my suggestions. Make sure to tag me when you're done! :D

[member="Maokai Bantam"] Thanks for getting that done so fast! Just one more thing I'd suggest is, since you put this list from the history section into the Strengths and Weaknesses, I would take it out the parts you've already listed, and reword the parts left over into a paragraph, instead of a list. This would help the history flow better near the end :)

Maokai Bantam said:
Other known effects and uses for this species listed below. Younger of this species are able to be tamed and ridden by most people with courage to face the open desert, older and larger will only allow those strong with the force to ride them. The people of the open desert consider this a great honor. The worms are holy to them and will kill any one or any thing that try to harm them. Teeth and sections of outer armored seem to fall out or shed on a regular basis which the natives collect and use. When encountering one it is best to work with a stumbling or non-rhythmic gate as this will not draw them to you.

Good Evening [member="Maokai Bantam"],

I've got to say I love this idea, not just cause I'm a big Dune fan. You've taken the concept of ridable worms and really expanded and made it your own so a huge kudos for that. I just have a couple of questions for you if you could clarify them for me please.

1) The Carapace

Maokai Bantam said:
All parts of outer carapace and teeth exhibit dark side cancelling ability. (Note effect is weak and can be used to absorb force lighting for a few seconds but are not any greater than that. / Effect is also contact and so does not affect any dark forces near it but will make dark sides users feel weak if they come into contact with)

Could you expand on this a little? I'm not sure how they're able to affect the darkside of the force only without being a nexus in their own right. Most species that can block out the force block out the force do so by blocking the force in it's entirity.

2) Distinctions

Maokai Bantam said:
Distinctions: Can be ridden by those with neutral or force alignment.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this , could you expand or explain it a little more clearly. Can a lightsider ride them, could a darksider ride them with enough material between their body and the worms?

Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam

Sand burrowers definitely exist in Star Wars, however, this species by name is too close to the Dune Sandworms. Please change the name
Shai-Hulud “Sandworms” throughout to provide some sort of differentiation. Tag me when you're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom