Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Shahku Head Priests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Shahku Head Priests

Intent: Explain further on the Head Priests group within the tribe

Affiliation: Shahku Tribe, Ishinae

Availability: Rare

Quality: C

Type: Infantry/Force Users

Strength: 15

Description: The Shahku Head Priests are a subclan within the Shahku Tribe, and have been a part of the Tribe since the beginning, long before much history was written. The Shahku Tribe, however, may have only started when the original Sith Lord enslaved the initial group and brought them to a new world, but history was rare since writing wasn't publicly taught. However, the Head Priests subclan evolved from the Shahku Priests subclan, which provided the more powerful priests to have higher priority and importance, to show their strength and how far they had came.

The Head Priests didn't ever get very powerful while under the rule of the old Sith Lord, but there power grew when the Tribe went in search of their true ruler, staying loyal to the end. After 5,000 thousand years of preserving their dead on the Shahku Battleship, they have grown a lot stronger than their ancestors, and now have a prime Priest that can teach and train them as they practice their Sith Magic, making them near-Knight level, and the Prime Priest (Viae) near-Master level... but they are extremely limited to what they can train with...
*Strength is per individual

Links:
Waking the Rested (Dev Thread)

Choosing the Path (RP Usage)
Hope is Conflicted (RP Usage)

Just curious, but are you intending to submit that ship to the factory? This submission wont hinge on that but if/when you do, you'll want to request a modification to the submission in the future (covering bases once more). So, lets get into this:

You obviously had a good deal of development towards this, though I feel Waking the Rested is the only one to truly highlight the power of this group. Which I must admit, is staggering, as you have them concealing a 600 meter ship. I suppose given time, this might work, so long as you understand that just throwing up a power like that wont be kosher (particularly in concern with pvp). Keep this in mind.

Adzatsmam said:
making them near-Knight level

I know we discussed in your last submission that Ishinae was close to master level, but at the end of the day, she was a knight. I'm a bit of a stickler for this sort of thing. So either this group is made up of knight level NPC's or they are made up of acolyte level NPC's. Please take the time to decide which (I would urge you to lean towards the latter as, in my eyes, it would be much harder to justify a group of knights at this size without substantially more development). While 50 isn't all that much, we are talking about powerful force users. So please consider that.

In standard threads with NPC's, a master level npc can warrant an extensive development count. Looking at your threads, I'm mainly looking at one (waking the dead) of them for development of the group (while the other two mentioned mostly focus on your main, Ishinae, the father and the mother). So what I would like to see with this: Another development thread, or a continuation of the previously mentioned one, that highlights one of the other powers (summon fear or enhance force sensitivity). The reason for this is that I'm to looking to discern how you intend to write their capabilities in order to gauge how it will be used in rp.

And finally, quantity doesn't trump quality. And I mean that in reference to 50 npcs being in this unit (PC's will always be more prolific in their capacity for power and survival). And this number doesn't mean that they can stack linearly in terms of ability. Giving numbers to their ability is convenient for interpretation, but avoid any notion that two of these guys can combine to make a power equivalent to a 10/10 on the enhance force sensitivity scale. Numbers, after all, are a poor substitute for creative writing, which is why we are all hear collaborating instead of simply playing dice games :).

P.s. Sister huh? Nice lol, I should have seen that coming.

[member="Reverance"]

Stated with RP Usage, they aren't devs for this, just where they participated and had an impact on the thread.

The ship will have many, many modifications when/if it is subbed.

They don't cloak the entire ship, it's very much in public view and news has spread around a bit about them. What is concealed is the Temple, however they are not strong enough to conceal all of the Dark Energy of the tomb, or the thousands of Massassi on board, but they lower what is sensed outside the ship to a considerable amount (More detailed in Cultivating the Massassi thread)
Summarized: They only, mostly, cloak the Dark Side energy emanated from the Tomb.

I only put the #/10 because I thought that is what you wanted on Inishae, which is why I gave it here. Should I remove it? I also don't want to do that, bring them together to make master level powers, they would still be weak either way. How about dropping to 15? I thought Head Priests of 50 was a little much.

Also, Enhance Force Sensitivity was used in Waking the Rested, to give the Viae more power

Oh no, don't remove the numbers. My statement was simply a reminder to avoid the mentality of stacking. It looks fine the way it is.

Thank you for the clarification on the concealment, that really sort of puts me at ease. As does the show of the enhanced force sensitivity.

If you lower it to 15, ill be comfortable as is with the development currently listed.

[member="Adzatsmam"]

[member="Adzatsmam"]

So you did.

As always, a submission isn't a means to prevent reporting in the future. So if this is used unfairly, it can and may be rejudged. Cursory "Abuse and you lose" statement.

Nice work, thanks for all the clarifications.

Approved pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom