Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadows and Snowstorms

SHADOWS AND SNOWSTORMS
A Hoth Story

zMcig5V.png

Veers Basin, Hoth (874 ABY)

A dark, deathly shadow hangs over the winter planet,
one that has remained since the powers of the Galaxy left their mark.

Yet another shadow has arrived,
one who has chosen to walk across the frozen surface.
To those considered prey, this shadow would be their nightmare, their downfall; however, to those such designs could not be made on yet, this shadow may yet prove to be a welcome presence. It all hangs on the latter's chances of encountering this individual, along with the likelihood of an amiable first encounter as soon as first contact is established, facts of which the planet's latest arrivals are acutely aware, urging great haste to ensure this individual's safety - before unleashing their real reason for invading Hoth in the first place.

A Shaman follows, and in the hopes a catastrophic outcome can be averted, the Veers basin is hoped to be a safe haven for an Arkanian of Tarkinist Imperial ideals, of Theocratic creed and of Novanian heritage, but none are safe for as long as the link remains unestablished between them. Their Priest-King greatly desires this link to be established before the arrival of his forces, though deep down, Yorunarr Ahan-Yan'Sharlim seems to know he has no choice but to reveal what plans had been rushed before their departure. Revealing their intentions with Warplan: Melarran, the mere presence of the Novanian forces on the ground will be working to facilitate another, more unruly element to their plan soon after. For the local Arkanian community, the rifle-wielding Imperials will be nothing in comparison to the ordnance they'll keep in Hoth's orbit, for this will be the early deciding factor of the occupation if the Godseer makes the right play at the right time, with much and more of the following hours' events expected to be almost completely reliant on the success of it's implementation.

Project: Mother's Bomb,
a chemical weapon unlike any other of it's kind in the Galaxy's already-dark and wicked history.​

No Shaman in history has ever dared to put such large quantities of sacred psychedelics into one concentrated, enriched compound before, none have ever gambled the risk of driving their sacred vines so close to extinction in such a fashion; and as one might guess, none before the Godseer had ever needed to consult with their animistic, pagan or shamanic pantheons with such audacious requests before Yorunarr. Under other circumstances, such a permission would seem impossible for a god or deity to grant, but this was at the request of Novania's Priest-King, one whom the planet's masked Ancients favoured above all others. And gods who smile on mortals such as Yorunarr Ahan-Yan'Sharlim, in the hopes and prayers of the Godseer, (and in the channelled communications through the soul of the one who follows the walking shadow) hint they may yet smile on one who unknowingly rushes a slow-burning plan into implementation.

One particular plan the Priest-King personally feels was better off left alone to gather dust a while longer, one particular plan that was out of his hands from the moment it was first mentioned among the Council of Novania. Hoth will know the nightmare before long, but the attackers must assure the vengeful shadow's safety first.

They know what awaits,
and such madness cannot be survived alone.

K6GzlSv.png

If they profane and deny divinity, and mine own at that - let them scream, let them wail....
LET THEM LEARN FROM THE PAIN!!!!

1st post
zMcig5V.png
-SHADOWS AND SNOWSTORMS-
THE_SHAMAN
Firedance Battalion

y9BfX3A.png

Tag: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

LOADOUT

Equipment

Defiant-pattern APCU All-Purpose Combat Uniform
Long-Distance Binoculars
Med-Pack (+ Bacta Patches)
Gas Mask
Shaman's Mask
X2 Flashbangs
X2 Smoke Grenades

Melarria's Root
Amanita Marunesha

Weaponry

CSR-50i Slugthrower Sniper Rifle
AP-25i 'SIMP' Particle Beam Blaster
Vibrosword Cavalry-Sabre
Durasteel Fairbairn Vibroknife
Hatchet

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

PROLOGUE
jile4eT.png
Novanian Riverlands, Outer-Novania,
Nordland, Archais (Late-Dry Season of 874 ABY)

'AWAKEN, BROTHERS!!!! RISE FROM YOUR DREAMING SLUMBER!!!!

That unforgettable, once-accursed moon from the Godseer's childhood had finally descended over Nordland's lush horizon, with the breeze kicking up a promise of the joyous rainstorms to come, and though they knew the seasonal patterns to be less than mythical, the people of Yorunarr's Tarkinist theocracy would still give thanks to the Ancients at the turns of the seasons symbolically in this fashion, and sincerely in another. All of the gods watching from Melarran's Firmament would know their sincerity, and had long since acquiesced to their advanced knowledge of the cosmos in comparison to all who lived on Archais before, viewing the ceremonies with love and understanding of the beings who rejuvenated them in turn, laying eyes on the proceedings every time as the Arkanian polytheists gave thanks for aiding their living saviour's rise to prominence.

'The Priest-King's Fire is ignited! We have been summoned once more!'

Only the voices who cried out into the night knew their nation's leader personally, something that may not have been so with the likes of Yan'Sharlim Ahan-Karidim, but with the constantly deploying successor, any with the good fortune of meeting Yorunarr would be counted among a very rare few among the Flood-Bringers' majority. Having trained for at least three years, learning and praying to the Ancients devoutly, their chances of catching the Godseer's visits were few and far between, but not for any reason like the maintenance of the mystique the students, his kinsmen and his acolytes had been building up around him; every generation of the returning diaspora, every last living citizen of Novania would hold a special place in the heart of their Priest-King, so no blame of any sort would ever be laid at the feet of his loyal kinsfolk for his illusiveness.

*'Jiyartahk nurr'sennul, Uhannan!'
"Summoned once more, brothers!"

It was all down to the very ground the large shamanic campus-enclosure had been built on, the very setting that surrounded the school the locals lovingly named,"The Mother's Orchard", as life had been encouraged to grow over the bones of departed souls the Priest-King still missed dearly, kindly goaded into consecrating the area once more by a man who would have sooner avoided it at almost every opportunity. Staring out into the forest of his nightmares from the entrance of Fort Karidim was bad enough, walking down the same pathways that brought terrifying flashbacks at almost every corner, but actually venturing downhill to his birthplace was correctly assumed to inflict untold harm on his soul; some wounds had cut too deep, some despairs had shaken him too roughly, and being much too young to experience it at the time - but Yorunarr was still healing somehow.

Slow and steady though the process had been, and yet, the Godseer's closest associates and acolytes alike could see the improvement with their own eyes, calming their own hearts as the therapeutic, steady rehabilitation of their Priest-King showed signs of one day being strong enough to confront the harsh, brutal memories that plagued his dreams in perpetuity.

'The Flood-Bringers are on their way, your Majesty. However, I bring news.... Your,"Deathseer", has been following a rather bloody trail over the last few months or so. Nothing but dead Arkanians until he found the lead-suspect's ship leaving the Kamino system, and I have the last transmission he sent before he slipped into the nearest Hyperlane in pursuit.'

The glowing blue robes of the initiates were seen approaching in the distance, giving them five minutes alone at best, and with so many curiosities to consider, the Godseer knew there would be much and more matters to discuss that Yorunarr himself had nowhere near enough time to cover in their entirety, at least, not whilst the rain was still yet to fall on Nordland. Some of his questions would need to wait until the shamanic initiates were all brought into the fold, and though this irritated the Priest-King intensely, Yorunarr would soon find that his mood would darken with the immediate questions to a noticeably heavier extent, with the answer to the first and foremost just seconds away from being the most egregious test of them all. Turning back towards his highest-ranking Adept, the Godseer had the good sense to brace himself for the worst before asking,'And when Rukkaya followed, predictably maintaining his pursuit.... What world did this killer decide on next, my young friend?', drawing close enough to whisper his question in the process.

'Hoth.... He followed the killer's ship to Hoth, your Majesty.'

Clenching his jaw to keep from screaming at the would-be Dreamseer, the Godseer hissed,'Of course he did, Sur'Ah....', through his front teeth in poorly-contained fury, fully understanding the implications of such a revelation by the time the rueful laughter took him by surprise. Not only was this move risky for threats the killer in question presented, but Rukkaya was taking inordinately larger risks in the process, most chiefly with the fact the Priest-King's plans for Hoth's Arkanians were likely going to be rushed the the process, and almost as much with the fact the Deathseer (much like the one Rukkaya had been trailing for months before that night) would be against a community that had since grown since Lord Erskine Barran, Jend-Ro Quill and the First Order wiped out their armies ten years before. Relenting as far as his best student was concerned, Yorunarr vented,'Of all the places in the Galaxy he could've followed them to, Rukkaya just had to stay the course for pursuit to Hoth.... Why are you always like this, Ruk?', looking to the moon as it continued to rise into cloudlessness.

'Please, allow me to play the transmission-recording - just the pertinent part is needed.'

<<Pale is the mare,
Dark is the tale,
Yet Catharsis keeps watch,

Catharsis wards,
And bloody is the trail,

To Hoth this one goes,
To slaughter their folk to the last,
To learn what no-one else knows,

To learn the secrets of the past,
To dance with the crows.>>

'The Deathseer's been channelling again, your Majesty. Hence the weird, poetic cadence.... The man's been putting all his faith into his work, though this worries me slightly.'

'Heh! Under other circumstances, I would - but we haven't the time for that sadly.', the Godseer retorted, though with a lot more warmth than was expected of him before, almost completely freed of his irritation by that point as his adept paced out beyond the fort's entrance, walking a few paces ahead of Yorunarr to sit down at the top of the access-stairway whilst the Priest-King kept his eyes gazing into the skies above. However, the monarch would relent again for the sake of his young friend, sitting down at the top step of the same stairwell as he continued,'You've got your work cut out for ya tonight, Siyarr. Starting with a busy hour or so on the Fort's HoloNet terminal, then you're going to return to me when you're done there.... I want you to mobilise Firedance Battalion, and to inform the Druid on the current situation, then you're going to bring me some Root-powder - and in that order!', to which a rather worried expression was shot back in reply.

'It shall be done, your Majesty.... But I thought Warplan: MELARRA wasn't ready yet. Or at least, I thought it was only in the early stages of preparation - why the risk?'

I mean, isn't it obvious?

Sighing as the robed procession neared the outer gatehouse, Yorunarr wisely took a moment to himself, clenching his jaw at how much more this realisation infuriated him than any of the revelations Siyarr had burdened him with so far. The anger was still there to see, but the budding Dreamseer would still be glad that none was directed at him this time, relaxing his posture as the Priest-King admitted,'I believe that the killer, like the main demographic of their victims - is also of Arkanian descent.... Catharsis.', before standing to put on his mask for the initiation proceedings. One last sigh would escape his nostrils as his head shook disapprovingly,'All of this stinks, but when times call for action, men like you & I have never backed down. Never.... Now go, I'll meet you here when I'm done with the initiations.', leading the way as the duo stood up and walked down to the gatehouse courtyard together.

'The rains will be falling when I return, but please; I ask that you pray to the Firmament for me, tell the gods that my heart was here in my stead!'

They already know, Siyarr.... They have known since you arrived.

y9BfX3A.png

PART ONE
9LT92II.png
Barran Ridge, Northsteeps Mountains,
Veers Basin, Hoth (Winter of 874 ABY)

Simplistic though the design was, and as monumentally magnitudinous as the task was to be, the Priest-King's friends in Hirkenburg were confident that they had achieved what was required for Warplan: Melarran, constructing a chemical weapon of psychological warfare of the likes Novania would never see again after Hoth. But as soon as Yorunarr's contingent had safely gotten the delicate ordnance off the ground, a few of the Goidelic and Archaisian humans began to worry, understanding that the Ancients would find their unwittingly unfortunate presences to unwelcome, already knowing that Lord Michael Barran's friendship with the Ancients granted him rare privileges that would remain out of their reach in perpetuity. For the best, though it was clear this meant relying almost entirely on their gasmasks as soon as Project: Mother's Bomb, had been detonated, though ultimately, none would regret or rejoice this decision in the end.

Released upon the local masses as they were still approaching orbit, but only as soon as contact could be established with both the Deathseer and the killer of suspected Arkanian-pureblood descent. Yorunarr would have none of the ramifications of dosing potential allies, and especially not whilst in the process of facilitating the growth and prosperity of Novania's already-growing population; or at least, not whilst there were still more minds to awaken from faithless slumbers, and not whilst he wished to protect those whose ideals aligned with his own - no matter how loosely-aligned said ideals were expected to be in the beginning.

'Filled wae about - eh - 1.35 tonne o' the Root powder in compact, block form.... They're gonnae need those mad airlock-suits just t'roll it doun the off-ramp, you Maj-'

Laughing at the Highlander's sudden courtly decorum, the Priest-King then interjected,'Stop it, Randall. We've known each other long enough for first-name privileges here.', with an affectionate slap to the back of the Goidel's tac-helmet to kindly brook no argument on the matter, with expressed intention to keep his old friend close for the rest of the operation. Not that the Godseer had any reason to worry about his friend going walkabouts, it wasn't in the Kern's nature to step out of line, though the eagerness he was known for often neared McBain to the precipice of getting ahead of himself; easily remedied by an Arkanian who had known the Highlander since the Carlac Rebellion, old friends as according to the short life-expectancy of life as soldiers in the Second Great Hyperspace War. A war that the Priest-King knew he wasn't supposed to survive, especially not after barely surviving his fight against Darth Malus in the closing stages of the Third Imperial Civil War, a fight in particular that proved a perfect precursor to the horrors he would encounter after recovering from it.

'Fair enough, Yorunarr.... In any case, everything's ready for implementation at a moment's notice. Aw we need now is a GPS ping from your spy on the ground noo, an' with that - we can find your killer and proceed fae there.'

With everyone already well-grounded and encamped on the planet's surface already, the procedure was hoped to be quick enough, especially in being smart enough to track the Deathseer's last transmission to the location Yorunarr would consequently choose as his site to pitch and fortify the Novanian base-camp. The last known transmission, recent though it had been, had given no clues as to what Rukkaya was intending to do next; for all that was heard through the static and perpetual digital-humming, as much as it gave the Godseer hope to hear it, was the beautiful voice of the Deathseer in full, chanting repetition. Much was complicated already, even before the Novanians departed in what all felt was at half-cocked preparedness, but in hearing Rukkaya's microtonal grasp of such esoteric scripture, Yorunarr had realised that the situation was becoming more unpredictable with every passing second.

'Good man.... Though I dare say we'll need to implement it soon, I still want to believe Rukkaya survives - I need to believe he survives.'

The Deathseer was chanting with every last shred of emotion he could conjure, driven by some necessity that none could guess but the Priest-King himself, and Rukkaya was begging for help; and in the understanding of what sort of plea everyone was hearing, Yorunarr would bow his head in the realisation that his good friend had been captured, chanting a plea for Sur'Huwal to watch over his people in what was expected to be his last night as a living shaman. Twelve days had passed since, and with no word in all that time, many were assuming the Deathseer to be dead already; though this wouldn't stop the Priest-King of Novania from searching by any means, and certainly not whilst his greatest shaman's fate was still to be ascertained, as ever dutybound to tradition for the sake of a still-healing culture.

If you can hear me, fight - fight for all you are worth. Your blood isn't theirs to spill.

Last edited:

zMcig5V_d.webp

smalldivblue.png

The ceiling was coated with spray paintings and graffiti type art. Looking up at the art of a DNA strand, the girl blinked with new cybernetic eyes. She had returned to her crusade. She had been kept on Kestri for some time, as her life drastically tumbled further downhill; to the point of wishing for her own death. Feeling like a caged animal pacing, Gwyn had been doing her best to keep busy, even starting her own dream company, to keep herself afloat. She felt like she was nearing insanity. She lifted a four digit hand and reached for the DNA strand on the ceiling. Then, she clenched her hand shut, envisioning crushing it.

She still felt rage. That rage was something to cling onto for desperate life.

She pulled herself up from the floor. Her astromech, Mini, rolled over to her and gently pushed her to gain her attention.

He spoke to her in binary. Her gloomy, unlively eyes stared ahead as she slumped.

"Yeah... I know."

She turned and lifted another hand, patting the droid on its dome. He spoke more, and she closed her eyes.

"I don't care how this ends, really. I just want a break. Maybe this will help..."

Another beep was raised, and she opened her eyes. A tiny flash of determination managed to bob its head up from the ocean of sorrow and apathy.

"Yeah... Buir is waiting for me, huh?"

She used Mini to haul herself up from the metal floor. As she rose, she grunted out, "Can't make him worry, huh?"

Her cybernetic leg clanked against the ground as she stood. She looked around the room of her ship. Turning to look at the couch, she frowned as she remembered fondly her memories with her ex on that sofa. She slowly blinked, depressed and lonely. She turned to walk out, heading to her own quarters to get her equipment ready.

The white snow would be stained red today.

She had to feel alive. Would this do it?

Her name was Gwyneira Krayt. It had to mean something.

smalldivblue.png

The ramp of the light freighter lowered. Bitter snow fluttered around in a flurry. The winds howled and powdered snow blew into the ship. The fully armored Mandalorian warrior stomped down the ramp, luggage flung over her back. Her kama flapped wildly in the squall. She looked over to the basilisk droid that had been camping next to the ship. Her precious Cabur'tomad.

From the entryway to the freighter, Mini beeped a worried goodbye to her before fleeing inside and closing the door. The tiniest hint of a smile formed on Gwyn's face as she turned, boots crunching in the deep snow, and watched. Then, she turned around and walked up to her basilisk. Arms too full to reach up and pat Cab. However, she did ask, "Time to go, buddy."

The droid-ship hybrid opened his ramp and allowed Gwyn to enter. One of the many upsides to bringing a basilisk to battle was bringing backup weapons, equipment, and gear. As she carefully laid everything out, she sensed ripples through the Force. She could sense someone approaching from outside. She froze for a second, then finally finished setting everything up. She stood up, slinging her sniper-assault rifle over her back. She checked the blaster pistols at her hips and sensed the lightsaber crystals stored in her cybernetic leg . "You picking anything up on your scanners, Cab?"

A low rumble announced his confirmation.

Gwyn turned to leave the ship again. "Stay alert, but I don't want any unnecessary confrontations before the culling. I'm going to try talking to this guy."

She stepped down the ramp, once again buffeted with harsh wind. The beskar'gam kept her warm, but she found it hard to see in this weather. She took several steps out, peering in the direction she sensed the individual. It took a couple moments, but she could hear his heavy boots in the knee deep snow. Then, a shape. The shape of a humanoid. The figure steadily became visible, with long white hair and a strange mask covering his face. His fingers counted four. Was he Arkanian?

Gwyn was unwilling to jump to conclusions and get violent, as on edge as she was. She spoke out, assertive, in a bold voice which was quite different than her usual, detached monotone.

"Holt! State your name and business. I don't want to get into an unnecessary fight or spill a bystander's innocent blood. But my basilisk and I can easily handle a threat. So answer me now."

2nd post
zMcig5V.png
-SHADOWS AND SNOWSTORMS-
THE_SHAMAN
Firedance Battalion

y9BfX3A.png

LOADOUT

Equipment

Long-Distance Binoculars
Gas Mask
Shaman's Mask
X2 Flashbangs
X2 Smoke Grenades

Melarria's Root
Amanita Marunesha

Weaponry

Vibrosword Cavalry-Sabre
Hatchet

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

PART TWO
9LT92II.png

A warrior, though one who always seems to draw in the underestimation of the first few kills somehow.

His ship was smaller, more nimble, and easier to hide in a decent landing-zone than the ship he followed, but still didn't want any chances to be taken, so Rukkaya, in his infinite understanding of the ever-ticking clock, would shoot ahead of the killer's trajectory and land somewhere secluded from the Veers Basin. It was there that the Deathseer correctly guessed would be the place they struck next, with bio-scans determining all the nearest communities, collectives from other races to be utterly derelict, considered dead to the world and the Galaxy for years before the Novanian got his head-start over Hoth's orbit. And on that day of days, the son of the famed Marjiyan Ahan-Marbban, having known the day of his death for decades and keeping it to himself, would again guess correctly, but this time - on the where and the how, the who and the why.

Every damn time too, and it can't be the height-difference, or the initial dropped guards at times.

Though the second Blood Shaman eventually became the Godseer, both his bloodline and his title worked in tandem to allow dual titles for Novania's priest-king, maintaining a generations-old alliance with the line of Deathseers in the process of ascension; though like the friendship of Yan'Sharlim and Marjyan, the Death mask would be fated to pass on before the mask of the Blood Shaman for the second time, admitted as much in the years after Rukkaya was found wandering the Archaisian wildlands in 865 ABY.

Both Ajaya and Yorunarr had previously attempted to locate their mutual childhood friend before then, but in the uniforms of the Galidraani Free-State, and a calmer attitude, Rukkaya had been located; and since that day, the young Deathseer would read blood-spatters and study crime-scenes for his visions, such that were so vivid that almost every trail ended with clues or proofs of sorts. It was in this skill that the nomad's fate was set from the offset, and from the moment his vow to Sur'Huwal was set in his own blood, the strange allure to snow, ice and mountainous terrain would accompany the knowledge of his day of judgement thereafter. All of this would add to the wonder Rukkaya was feeling as his boots walked on the planet's frozen surface, as almost every step felt like he was walking through history, a recent history of which had given good context as to what the local Arkanian element would expect to show up eventually.

This one is much stronger than most killers though.... Something to consider-

Tanks, artillery, bombs and a strong, wide static-line that forced the enemy into perpetual collective retreat. Conventional war-doctrine, but under sole New-Imperial directives, there would be no doubt that the Novanians would stand unmatched this time around also. Even Rukkaya carried his officer-issue Vibrosword in anticipation of the madness, for he also knew what sort of weapon Yorunarr would bring, especially in the attempt to save the life of an old friend, in true Godseer fashion - ever the one to go above and beyond for those who mattered most.

Something for Yorunarr to consider.

Seeing the killer's ship dropping through the atmosphere, the Deathseer would smile in tracking it's trajectory to the general vicinity of his own, understanding the significance of the encounter almost an hour before the fact, contextualising it properly through the curious descent from his vantage point. To finally see the face of the one he'd been tracking for almost four months without cease or interruption, from one toil and struggle for survival to the next, was already expected to be a relief of sorts, though it did little to calm Rukkaya's irritated, almost-raging approach at the time. And despite the way everything around him calming his soul in general, the hill, the snow, and the storms were proving an irritation as the shaman's legs laboured in wide strides, both to keep moving with momentum and to keep him upright at the same time.

He would be down at the obscured landing-zone before long, though Rukkaya couldn't help but deploy surveillance droids to watch his back, anything was likely to happen if the watchtowers had seen the descent-trajectories of both ships as they were occurring, and the Deathseer wasn't about to die before his time - and especially not after reminding himself that all his ancestors died exactly when they meant to.

DQd1nmf.jpg

No ambushes for as long as the droids were active, or at least, none with the element of surprise from the moment of their implementation; however, even as the off-ramp of the killer's ship steadily lowered with a pressurised hiss, the Deathseer couldn't help but look behind him once or twice, almost rendering his trusted droids redundant in the process. However, the surprises weren't waiting in the snowstorms beyond, though at least not for a good while yet, all the mind-boggling, disarmingly unexpected elements at the time were to be found in the one Rukkaya was just seconds away from meeting. The seasoned veteran of multiple grand-scale deployments with the Galidraani Free-State, for all his calm and focus in the heat of battle, still had his mind very much at peak awareness for the sake of all the potential dangers he knew he wasn't considering at the time, much to a self-chagrin the Deathseer was incapable of quelling at the time.

First, the helmet, easily discernible from all the other famed designs in the Galaxy, and only one caste in existence were known to wear them, one creed that accompanied such wondrously-forged artistry, one religion to give strength to the arms of the warrior on the ship. This killer, as wild and unexpected as it seemed at first, was a fully-fledged, devoted Mandalorian, and the more the Deathseer pondered on it, the more the entire trail of blood and broken bone began to make sense.

'Holt! State your name and business. I don't want to get into an unnecessary fight or spill a bystander's innocent blood. But my basilisk and I can easily handle a threat. So answer me now.'

A woman? And yet, I can still feel her power somehow. This is the one - the killer I am in these visions.
Rukkaya's mind then began racing with recollections of how much damage had been inflicted on some of the wicked victims in particular, then the hairs on his arms, head and the back of his neck, feeling no chills but from the feeling that Sur'Huwal was watching him. Deathseers were always followed by the same omnipresent deathgod for as long as their magic had been a part of the world that nurtured them. It seemed that Sur'Huwal wanted him to see and understand this power, much like Melarran wanted Yorunarr to see the power of Michael Barran's soul, his Force abilities, and the capabilities of Barran's gods in turn, but with time against him, Rukkaya couldn't help but wonder why it was all making sense so quickly in his own. Barran was watched by the Druidic deathgod as the Deathseer was obviously watched by his own, a fact the Novanian took heart from, but one that distracted him enough from his thoughts that it helped Rukkaya remember that he had a verbal challenge to answer.

Heathenry, but a sort I still prefer to godlessness.

Stepping forth with arms wide out to express further compliance on approach, the Novanian silently ordered his droids to fly off in different directions, scanning for threats as the likelihood of confrontation continued to diminish between both Arkanians.

'My apologies for being slow to answer, but your presence has me thinking is all.... My people refer to me as the Deathseer, and the name I was given on the eve of my birth - Rukkaya, son of Marjyan.'

The consequent removal of his mask incurred deathly risks, especially on an Arkanian planet like Hoth, but the Deathseer knew much, and knew it was not the stranger who would kill him. No threat had been perceived when his long white locks escaped the hood of his cloak, but in confirming his species, Rukkaya knew that he was being needlessly unwise with his revelatory urges; his moment, his time to die, the very departure he had envisioned excitedly for so long, was drawing closer with every passing second. Yet, with the ticking of the existential clock, a torrent of truths would spring forth as a result of the unfolding situation, with some hitting closer to home than the Novanian was comfortable with, truths he was still making his peace with at the time. The Deathseer had grand admissions to make, but in order to avoid getting himself killed in the process, Rukkaya knew he would need to be careful not to bombard his new acquaintance with the same horrifying truths that plagued every waking hour of his life.

Novania, as pretty as the nation was, had been playing dangerous games, but if the Mandalorian could understand the reasoning behind the Arkanian theocracy's grandest of designs, perhaps common ground could be established before the others arrived.

lwXs4cY.jpg

'Towards you, my intentions are peaceful. Amiable, even..... However, before I continue; I must ask - do your respirators cover the face in it's entirety?'

Last edited:

zMcig5V_d.webp

smalldivblue.png

As the snow whisped and danced between them, Cabur'tomad restlessly pawed at the frosty ground. It seemed like ages were spanning between his answers, and Gwyn was biting her lip to avoid barking to get on with it. His answers were... cryptic... confusing... She narrowed her eyes, struggling to read him. Infrered colors started sparking in her sight, and not from her HUD. She grimaced, feeling a throbbing in her head as the strange vision went away again. Through another one of his pauses, Gwyneira was able to wait out the remaining pain behind her eyes.

When the man responded, Gwyn tilted her head in absolute confusion. It was a random question, but Gwyn knew it was not out of nowhere. It had to be important, for the question to be sprung like that. Still, some context was very much needed! Her frustrations bit like insects, rippling through the Force. Yet, she had to exercise some form of hospitality.

She crossed her arms, <"A very out of left field question, but yes. This buy'ce and armor have been designed with expertise.">

She jerked her head towards her ship, the Tauntaun. <"But even with my buy'ce, it's a nuisance shouting through the wind. Would you rather head on inside?">

mercury_small.png

She remained with her arms crossed, awaiting his reaction and response. He steadily approached, voicing agreement as he drew closer. Gwyn turned and walked up the ramp, entering the ship once again. She briefly paused at the entrance and looked out to Cab, <"Keep an eye out, pal.">

She then entered, her guest behind her. Mini slid into the cargo bay, voicing all his frustrations over plans being changed and Gwyn letting more random people enter her ship.

<"Yeah yeah, I'm low security at times."> She laid a casual hand on his dome, <"Cab is on watch duty, you can stay with us if you like.">

The small astromech huffed and circled the pair. The cargo hold was flooded with boxes of random parts, odds and ends. There was a messy workbench shoved in the corner with parts to a large shield generator sprawled out. The walls of the cargo bay were spray painted over. Pictures quite telling of Gwyn's character. Casual and colorful wall paintings of Mandalorian symbols such as the Iron Heart, the Clan Krayt crest, and more. DNA and RNA strands, linked as chains, also were noticable. Most of the walls were still basic grey, but one wall was completely repainted cyan. The doors opened, the group passed through. The halls were similarly decorated.

source.jpg

The three soon entered the casual area with the tiny kitchen. There was a sofa couch attached to the walls, as well as a pull out table. Gwyn pulled the table out as Mini slid into the kitchen area. Gwyn motioned for the man to sit down, and she sat once he did. Then, she removed her buy'ce. The face behind the visor was revealed.

Newavi2.jpg

"Alright," the girl placed her helmet on the table. "Why do I need a respirator? Who are you working with? Why did you approach me? Why here?"

3rd post
zMcig5V.png
-SHADOWS AND SNOWSTORMS-
THE_SHAMAN
Firedance Battalion

y9BfX3A.png

LOADOUT

Equipment

Long-Distance Binoculars
Gas Mask
Shaman's Mask
X2 Flashbangs
X2 Smoke Grenades

Melarria's Root
Amanita Marunesha

Weaponry

Vibrosword Cavalry-Sabre
Hatchet

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

PART THREE
9LT92II.png

The eyes, just like Ajaya's - in a way.... The iris-colours slightly differ though.

'Alright.', the hybridized one started, placing her Mandalorian helmet on the table between them in a show of hospitality, and an understandable distaste towards having to shout over the planet's whistling winds. The helmet itself granted the young woman immunities she may not have been completely aware of at the time, and others still that there would be no real way of knowing without Rukkaya's intentions of informing her promptly, such as the Mandalorian faith itself, already a proof of sorts that this one wasn't driven by modernistic, wicked Arkanian ways. Leaning into the cushioned back of the seat whilst allowing posture to remain upright, the killer inquired,'Why do I need a respirator? Who are you working with? Why did you approach me? Why here?', seemingly just as curious as she was irritated by the cryptic nature of his opening response outside the off-ramp.

'In answer to the first, inbound chemical weapons meant for those who live here.... My kin have weaponised a powerful root-psychedelic, and by the will of our gods on Archais, my old friend seeks to use it on Hoth after all - and I have made it so by following you here.'

'I acted alone, but my actions in conference with my gods have greater implications than even I could anticipate.'
, the Novanian continued, expressing complete sincerity in the hopes he would be given a chance to explain what was really going on. Many would have been cut down before they could even finish his diatribe on the chemical weapon in particular, but patience was still vastly prevalent aboard the Mandalorian's ship, allowing him to continue,'But despite this, I work as part of Fel's Empire, representing our little corner of Archais; known to all as the Tarkinist Novanian Diaspora, led by one who has suffered the wickedness of mad Arkanians.... This would answer your second.', in the spirit of continued, grateful transparency. The knife's edge he was dancing was plain to see, as no affiliation would ever make the Deathseer worthy of seeing allies of any sort turn blind eyes to such an atrocity, but Rukkaya had nothing to hope for but Gwyn's understanding, especially when the Novanian reminded himself how close his final hours had drawn since he landed.

'We're good, kind-hearted people on Archais. Even our human overlords eventually grew to understand us.... Heh! Even after all that my people put them through, the Galidraanis still took my friends in. Guided my people to prosperity as our Ancients have - as the blood-spatters guided me on your trail.'

'I'm sorry, it's just that I might be every part as confused as you are, especially now.'
, Rukkaya said, trailing off to reach into his coat pocket for his cigarra pack. Mulling over the phrasing briefly as he lit one up and slid lighter and pack over to Gwyn's side of the table, a silent offer that didn't get in the way of the Novanian's train of thought, the Deathseer returned his gaze to warrior sat opposite and drawled,'And as ominous as it would sound to say, I am a Deathseer; I learn the Ferryman's craft, I see the death, the blood - all of it. But none of this has even remotely prepared me for this moment.... It seems I have been nothing but a passenger from the moment I picked up your trail.', in his usual, endearingly-calm tone. The accent differed greatly to that of his creed-sworn acquaintance, lilting to a vastly contrasting, near-tribal extent, though his fluency in Galactic Basic kept it from becoming difficult to understand, one of the many benefits to being educated under the prestigious guidance of the Galidraani Free-State.

'So, as for why - I'm not sure I can answer this with any definitive accuracy.... All I know is that we were all brought here for a reason, and I dare say Project: MOTHER'S BOMB would have something to do with it. Hence the worried need for respirator-specifics.'

Taking a few drags in silence, flicking the ash into the lid of a flask he knew he would leave behind, the Deathseer's eyes glazed over slightly, clenching his jaw and sneering at nothing in particular. Then, with head bowed in dejected anger towards the whole affair, Rukkaya concluded,'This wasn't supposed to happen this way.... I have no control over any part of this, and it's this fact in particular that infuriates me the most.', shaking his head with his cigarra still puffing smoke at the corner of his lip. Whether Yorunarr would be successful in his endeavours or not mattered little and less to Rukkaya, especially in these moments, as there were no real guarantees that Warplan: MELARRAN's implementation could escape all the unforeseen, potentially-disastrous consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom