Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Shadow Tech Industries] Shadow Sniper Mini (SSM)

sci-fi-firearms-animated-guns-hands_20.jpg

Image Source: http://3drt.com/store/images/detailed/2/sci-fi-firearms-animated-guns-hands_20.jpg
Intent: To create a pistol form if the SS-7
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Model: Shadow Sniper Mini
Affiliation: Shadow Empire, Open Market with the exception of the Sith
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, blaster components
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 400 mm
Weight: 1.25 kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 50 Shots (Single Particle Beam Shots) 10 (Sniper Particle Beam Shots)
Effective Range: 250 meters (Regular) 500 meters (Sniper)
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic
Special Features: Particle beam pistol able to fire invisible bolts
Description: This gun is made for special force groups or assassins. It is meant to be a compliment to the SS-7. Like its big brother, it is able to fire a bolt that is invisible. (Source for this technology) The drawback to this ability, however, is the canisters which hold the specialized gases needed to make the bolt invisible, are very expensive. At 200 credits each, you won't be taking this to the range just to go plinking around.

The benefit to this weapon as apposed to the rifle version, is it's size. It is much more effective in close quarters combat due to the extra maneuverability it affords. And as a pistol, it is also much more concealable. Combine this weapon with a couple other pieces of STI equipment, and you'll be able to get in and out of just about any place undetected. Although the range is a bit low for a modern pistol, it is still more than accurate enough to target a subject in a large hall, or a couple city blocks away.

The final piece of this pistol was like its bigger compatriot, it could be fired in "sniper mode", effectively doubling its range. But at the cost of ammunition. Instead of being able to fire 50 particle beam shots, in sniper mode, it could only fire 10.

Strengths:
Invisible particle beam

Weaknesses:
Low effective range for a pistol in regular mode
Low ammo count in sniper mode
Expensive to own and operate
Cannot fire at redirection crystals due to lower power yield in the shot

Your company is a Tier 1 - There have been several submissions under the company name. Because of the several submissions, I suggest after this one you raise your tier to 2 or 3 before continuing to create things under that name. Also please remove the invisible, unless you want to archive this till you become tier 2 or 3.

Also, I changed my items to include Shadow Empire in the affiliation, per your recommendation. I believe that is all the edits you asked for correct?

Edit: Oh! I Also updated my company description to better define all my companies operations and show how we can make our items, per Darth Sinna's request.

Grats on the Tier Movement.

A few things with this entry.

• A sniper pistol really doesn't make much sense mostly because a Pistol will never have the accuracy of a rifle. You can't rest it, it doesn't have the barrel length, and has a smaller pack.
  • Another point, you're using nightstinger tech for the invisible particle bolts. I'm going to request a dev thread to explain how you're using such an obscure tech is being used. [member="Ice"]

I never claimed it had the accuracy of a rifle. Its mostly called that because it has a decent range for a pistol.

Also. I would like to respectfully request that the dev thread requirement be removed as it honestly doesnt make sense. STI has been using this tech since the beginning. It was literally our first item. Why would I have to now do a Dev thread for tech that isn't restricted, isn't new to canon, and I have already been using for a while? It's not even difficult to have made.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Its canon to have this sort of tech in a rifle. An example for this rifle is the Sporting rifle which is in the Wookiepedia entry. What you're doing is downsizing the rifle and turning it into a pistol. Because of this and because there is no canon evidence of a "Nightstinger Sporting Pistol" I'm requesting the dev thread showing how you've taken the Nightstinger sporting blaster rifle and turned it into a pistol. I also suggest a name chance since Sniper is usually associated with a long range accurate firearm/rifle.

That is where the dev thread is required.

With Dev thread:

• The pistol retains the nightstinger tech
  • The distance remains but there needs to be a note stating the diminishing accuracy
Without Dev thread:

• Remove Nightstinger Tech
  • Reduce the distance of the pistol
  • Turn the pistol into a Sporting Pistol
If you choose to keep the submission the same without a dev thread I'm afraid I'll be denying it on concept. Then you'll be able to try and put it through second chance as is.

[member="Ice"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ice"]
Archiving due to inactivity. Feel free to request it brought out when you're ready to work on it again or have finished a dev thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom