Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Shadow Tech Industries] No-Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
render1-1-300x240.jpg

Image Source: http://blog.tokyoflash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/render1-1-300x240.jpg

Intent: To create stealth gear for Shadow Empire Operatives and Elite Special Forces
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Model: No-Show
Affiliation: Shadow Empire
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel

Description: This device is essentially an armband which project a skintight electromagnetic sheath around the wearer. This field essentially acted to scramble the biosignature and energy emissions of the wearer, and obscured the wearers thermal, infrared, and sonic signature from sensors, but also rendered the wearer essentially invisible on most active and passive sensors and scanners - as well as inaudible to the ear. However, the field would also interfere with any scanners, sensors or communication devices held by the wearer - something potentially fatal to an infiltrator.

The reason for the design being an armband instead of just a simple wrist watch like item is with so many items being designed to go on the wrist, STI didn't want to compete with so many items for that space on a wearer. (Source of technology here)

Strengths:

Invisible to all scanners outside of basic visual.

Weaknesses:

Interferes with wearers own scanners, sensors, and communication devices.

Is this built to match up with specific types of communication devices? If something jams a sensor or signal, it is because it sends out interference. This interference isn't exactly controllable for just one type of signal - much like a microwave disrupts radio, bluetooth, and Wi-Fi signals without prejudice.

The reason this causes interference is because it creates a electromagnetic field, which causes constant interference with the wearer's own equipment. If you were to change the field generated to something else, it could possibly resolve this - or if you had equipment especially built to work in electromagnetic fields - but without any changes made this is frankly not possible. I request you either make changes for this to be possible or explain how it would be done.

Suggestions on how to fix this:
  • Explain how the jammer does not interfere with the communication devices a wearer uses or use a weaker electromagnetic field to allow for signals in close proximity to pass through, while jamming those that are from a certain distance (this is a vague suggestion, I don't literally mean change it word for word to what I just said).
  • If choice A is selected, I highly suggest a development thread of 10 posts depending on your explanation
  • If choice B is selected, please adjust weaknesses and strengths accordingly.
[member="Ice"]

I just went ahead and changed it to the specs of the original, with the exception that it is an armband instead of a wrist device. You're right there was no realistic way I could think of to make the idea work.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

Ice said:
I just went ahead and changed it to the specs of the original, with the exception that it is an armband instead of a wrist device. You're right there was no realistic way I could think of to make the idea work.

[member="Darth Sinna"]
Thank you. Pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom