Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadow of Archeology

Darth Megarea

D
Darth Megarea had not been to Thule in her relatively short time in the galaxy. During her time within the Knights of Blood, a small Dark Side group of Sith hiding out from the result of the Third Sith Civil War, she had rarely been outside their compound. After she had killed them off, earning her freedom, she had spent the following two years journeying to the various Sith worlds of importance she had only read about. For many, Thule was a world lost to the events of the modern era. It ages past, it had been a fortress world of the Sith. When the Sith were thought extinct following the New Sith Wars, Thule had served as a bastion for their kind.

In the centuries since, Thule had gone from a secret bastion of the Dark Side, to a world on the frontier of endless war. Nations had risen, fought, and fallen while Thule remained. The secret Sith vaults had been unearthed, the temples explored, and the relics of Sith long dead dragged out into the light of an uncaring galaxy. Thule had gone from a mystery of the past, to a world without secrets. At least, that is what was commonly believed.

In the archives carefully overseen by the Knights of Blood, Megarea had found record of a vault hidden deep beneath the surface of Thule. A secret among secrets, the odds of its discovery were not impossible, but highly unlikely. Having already decided to visit Thule, she figured it would not be too much of a diversion to try and track down this vault. What was held inside, she could not be certain of. Even the records of the Knights did not say, but that was part of the excitement that she felt. So much mystery had been taken out of the galaxy. As a historian, a researcher, and a teacher, learning something new and discovering the forgotten things of the past.

She landed her borrowed shuttle at the base of a mountain, kilometers away from every site of civilization. What few other records she had helped narrow down the search area, but several kilometers of meticulous survey lay ahead for her. It was not always glorious, this life of an archeologist, but it needed to be done. Her mind set, she began her search for the forgotten vault.

Darth Hellique II Darth Hellique II

“Lord Sabbat, Our scanners indicate a transport has landed at the base of the mountain. We ran a separate scan for lifeforms but received an error message. Would you like us to investigate?” The Lieutenant’s static voice exited the Sith Lord’s commlink.

“No thank you, Lieutenant. I’d like you to service the scanner and prep the ship for my return. Once I find what I’ve been looking for we will be leaving. Understood, Lieutenant?” Sabbat replied as he looked toward the fading evening sun.

“Understood, Lord.” The Lieutenant agreed. “But what about the mystery transport?”

“Do not concern yourself with the transport, Lieutenant.” Sabbat ordered. “If I need to, I will deal with it and its passengers.” He continued as he climbed down into the mountain’s wind-hollowed caverns.

“Understood, Lord. We wi- do a- instruc-” Static overtook the Lieutenant’s voice as Darth Sabbat continued downward into the rocky formation below. “Lieutenant? Lieutenant?” Sabbat questioned but the only message received was a mute static. Sabbat growled in the tiniest bit of frustration, but quickly dismissed the feeling. There were bigger and better things to focus on in front of him.

A fork in the caverns of the mountain, both paths lit by a smattering of Thule’s bioluminescent moss, stood across the saurian Sith Lord. He took a moment to commune with the dark side, to feel its presence and find a rumored hidden Sith vault. Instead he found the presence of another. The image of a woman flashed in his mind. Her presence was strong in the dark side, and Sabbat perceived her appearance as just as intense. She was near. He wondered if this woman had been aboard the mystery shuttle. He also wondered if she could sense him as he had sensed her.

He had a strong feeling they would meet. So he followed it down the right path into a long spherical cavern lit by moss and littered with holes like the burrows of insects and rodents. He wondered who or what constructed them and where they went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom