Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadow and Blood

Wretched Vampire
58c6a73212d6fb4ee156e4dbeba6f53a.jpg

Korriban Academy, Lowest Levels

Rayth woke to the sound of dripping water. His eyes opened slowly, even his keen vision taking time to resolve the darkness. He was weak. He was tired. He was hungry.

The sangir only remembered the shouting in the back alleys and then a flash of light. He was aware that time had passed, but his body clock was not accurate to know how long.

There was a chain around his neck. His clothes had been removed. The cold kiss of iron was worse than the damp and coarse flagstones.

The outline of the door shifted. A light entered the room. Hiding behind his fingers, Rayth could make out two dark silhouettes. One much taller than the other.

"You are alive then?" called the first voice. Loud and male. Rayth could hear the beating of hearts from here, could feel his own pulse quicken in response.

"Is this a prison?"

"For now," the voice replied, "or it could be your home."

Rayth bared his teeth and pulled on the chain. He slipped and dropped to one knee, grazing himself on the floor. Even the scent of his own blood was maddening.

"You're here for a reason boy."

"So sit down and show some respect for Darth Reprimar."

The second voice finally joined in. the smaller figure set the lamp down on the floor and stood back. Rayth could finally see them both clearly. A young human boy. An older man with deep red skin.

"I do not need you to speak on my behalf, Yarren," Reprimar said. There was an edge to his tone that even Rayth recoiled from.

"Boy you are here because you are different, because of what you might be capable of."

"The....blood?" Rayth asked. He did not know what he was. He never had. Living on the streets of his home city, he had preyed on the weak and vulnerable at night to satiate himself.

"No, no," Reprimar dismissed. "That is an...unfortunate condition. I believe you have a power over the Force. One we can unlock."

The man shrugged his arms free of his black robes and clapped his hands together. Rayth tensed.

"But I am being rude. You are weak. You are hungry. My apprentice, Yarren here brought you a meal," he said, waving his hand at the boy. Rayth thought he must have been about his own age.

"Master?" Yarren replied. He turned and bowed low. "I am sorry Master, I had not realised that..."

The penny dropped. Yarren stood bolt upright. He opened his mouth to beg, but with a wave of his hand Darth Reprimar had frozen his apprentice on the spot. A small silver cylinder lifted itself from Yarren's belt and floated to Reprimar's hand.

"Such a disappointment," the Sith Lord sighed. He turned to Rayth. "You are not my apprentice. I merely have a passing interest. Survive the academy and you might earn this."

He waved the silver cylinder as if it was a prize. Rayth was too exhausted, too hungry to try and work out what it might be.

"Now," Reprimar said firmly. "Recover and save your strength."

A loud rattle filled the room as the chain around Rayth's neck fell free. Yarren's eyes went wide in fear.

The Sith Lord waved his hand and a deep gouge appeared in Yarren's pale neck. Blood flowed freely. The metallic tang filling Rayth's senses.

The pale figure launched himself across the room, dragging the apprentice to the floor and sinking his fangs in around the wound.

"How utterly disgusting," Reprimar muttered as he turned away. "I'll send someone to clean up and explain when you are back to yourself and capable of listening."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom