Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up shop...

The Antecedent Inquirer

(Developing Story)

Today at 11:59 AM local time , two lone gunmen entered the Antecedent People's bank. They stole from the bank and murdered a total of three people, and traumatized countless more. The gunmen had military grade weapons, one had a triple barreled shotgun while the other carried a rifle of some sort. Local authorities report that the men escaped on a speeder bike carrying over 2 million in credits.

Suspect #1 was approximately 2.1 meters in height and appeared to weigh 150 kilograms. Witnesses report seeing green skin and bulging muscles. He spoke with an accent and was very aggressive.

Suspect #2 was approximately 1.9 meters in height and appeared to weight 120 kilograms. Witnesses report that his skin was extremely pale, leading authorities to believe he was a Nagai. His eyes were bloodshot to the point of them almost being completely red.

Police warn that these men are armed and very dangerous. Alert local authorities if you recognize them.

''Get the money!!'' One of the armed robbers yelled to his counterpart. The men had infiltrated the bank merely seconds ago and had already shot two of the tellers. They had scaled the counters and were emptying the drawers and the open vault of it's valuables. One of the men emptied the drawers and saw over the hostages while the other scrapped ever last credits into a large cart.

''Coppers on us, get ready to split.'' the second man in the vault said, looking outside the window and seeing the police officers approaching. He loaded his shotgun and brandished it. Breaking the window to the outside, he fired it into the officer's chest providing him with a slow death.

The speeder roared as one of the robbers revved it and awaited his friend to exit the bank. The second criminal remained inside for a moment, getting the last few credits he could. The scarred citizens of Antecdent covered their heads and some slowly rocked back and forth as they wondered if they would make it out alive. After another minute of waiting, the second robber kicked open the front door to the bank and ran outside pushing a credit cart. He linked it to the bike and hopped on the back of the vehicle.

The two sped off down a back alley and headed towards the underside of an unpopular bridge. They were occasionally flanked by citizens of the planet who had no idea what had just occurred, but due to their jamming of police frequencies the planet's security force did not pursue them. After a few minutes of uneventful driving they arrived at the bridge.

''Thanks Krax.'' Ke'Cholo said, taking off the ski mask.

''It's all good in the hood, I'll do anything for the right kind of pay.'' the Nagai male took off his mask as well and pushed off the cover to the cart. He looked inside, took off his gloves, and ran his fingers through the several million credits. He grinned maniacally.

''Alright, I'll take my 80% as planned and be off.'' Krax began to take the credits out and load them onto another speeder that was waiting for them under the bridge.

''Nuh-uh'' Ke'Cholo pressed his long green index finger on the man's chest. ''It was 75%''

Krax growled ''If I didn't know you were as good a quickdrawer as you are, I'd blow you brains out and take it all.''

''Just remembers, you were never here...and I was never here...'' Ke'Cholo laughed as he helped load about 75% of the credits onto Krax's speeder. After this was done Ke'Cholo hopped back on the first speeder and sped off.

A few days later....

Ke'Cholo strode into that same bank, this time he donned a formal suit and carried nothing but a folder and a concealed holdout pistol. He approached the manager's officer and rapped on the door. Ke'Cholo saw the man leave his desk and arrive at the door. He opened it and greeted the Duros with a warm smile. This smile was merely a facade, Ke'Cholo saw right through it.

''Mr. Bane'' the man nodded as the 7'2'' mercenary entered the office.

''Manager Grott...'' Ke'Cholo sat down as the man closed the door.

''So, I've heard you're the man to talk about mercenaries.'' the man created another fake smile as he sat down and poured each of them a glass of brandy.

''I am'' Ke'Cholo didn't like meetings, he wanted to keep this short.

''With recent events, specifically those infernal Black Ties invading and the triple murder and robbery last week....The People's Bank of Antecedent needs mercenaries to protect all their branches.''

''Yeah, I've heard those Black Ties are a real pain in the arse. Especially their leader.' Ke'Cholo mused, little did the man know that Ke'Cholo was in fact a senior member of the Syndicate's secret council.

''So, what can your offer?''

''Well, most of our mercenaries are for military engagements...I'm not sure they are what you need. Not to mention-'' Ke'Cholo shut his mouth, he was trying his best to play the manager.

''Not to mention what?'' the manager fell hook, line, and sinker for Ke'Cholo's play.

''-the price. I'm not sure your banks could afford the price.'' Ke'Cholo sat back and appeared annoyed.

''Sir! I will have you know that the People's Bank of Antecedent has more than enough funds.''

''But, hiring my men would be overkill...like bringing a rocket launcher to a pistol shooting competition.''

''Perhaps you have not read the reports, those men had military grade weapons!!''

''Alright, I'll lease them to you. What you want is the Commando units...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want grenades or flamethrowers being used around your buildings.''

''Of course, how many troops would you recommend per location?"'

''Depends on the location, size, crime rate, and so on. I'd say at least 10 men per location, that number will then go up depending on those factors I just said.''

''10 men seems reasonable, what will the cost be?''

''It ain't cheap pal, you're looking at 20,000,000 annually for all your locations to be secured.''

The man did not seemed fazed. ''There is no price for security''

''Good, I'll have my assistant Qaeth send you the details.''

''Thank you, Mr. Bane.''

''No, Manager Grott, thank you'' Ke'Cholo created a fake smile of his own.

The manger stepped in front of Ke'Cholo and opened the door for him. Ke'Cholo spun back around and grabbed his glass of brandy and took it with him. The manager was slightly annoyed at the man taking his glass, but didn't say anything about it.

Ke'Cholo nodded to the attendants as he left the building, they too created fake smiles. He stepped outside and started a communication line with Qaeth.

''We're good.'' he started.

''Manager fell hook, line and sinker for it'' Ke'Cholo began as he started down a dark alley.

''Did you get him to agree to all the locations?''

''Yeah, he didn't say corporate gave him permission to license all the locations...but it was understood. I charged him 20,000,000 a year and he acted like it was nothing...should've gone for 30. He'll be in contact with you soon.''

Qaeth paused before speaking. ''K, I know it's not my place to speak about...all this. But, I don't like the way you made this happen''

''Qaeth, don't worry about it. Business has to expand one way or another, this way just happened to cost the people of Antecdent a few lives. Plus, think of how many people my business will save. It'll all work out in the end.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom