Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Setcheha Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
hqdefault.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: to create a unique weapon for use as a “standard issue” weapon of the Tenloss Syndicate and for controlled sale.
Image Source
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Model: Setcheha
Affiliation: Tenloss Corporation, Tenloss Syndicate, Closed Market
Modularity: Only aesthetics upgrades and basic modifications such as scopes, sights, and attachments.
Production: Mass Production

Material: Alusteel, durasteel, electronic components, and typical weapon construction materials.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Railgun/Disruptor hybrid
Size: Average
Weight: Average
Ammunition Type: 60 rail slugs, 30 power pack shots
Reload Speed: Average

Effective Range: Average
Rate of Fire: Average
Stopping Power: Very High
Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Three Round Burst Only

• Disruptor penetration power

• Railgun impact power

• Illegal in most sectors of the galaxy
Strengths:

• Shock and Awe - The Setcheha is designed primarily for knockdown power and armor penetration featuring a meshing of Railgun and disruptor technology. When fired, the weapon discharges a slug-bolt-slug burst of fire designed to weaken, damage, and penetrate even the toughest armor.

• Simple, Easy to Remember - True to typical Tenloss products, the Setcheha is designed for ease of use and maintenance at the loss of extra bells and whistles many companies consider standard.

• Can Opener - Designed to crack tough armor and shred light protection, the weapon has seen a variable performance on penetrating rarer, more exotic materials depending on angle, range, density, and other factors.
Weaknesses:

• Burst Fire - The Setcheha fires only in burst mode to maximize the penetration power of the weapon rather than emphasize rate of fire like most equivalent weapons. This means that the weapon does not feature a semi or fully automatic setting and cannot be modified to do so.

• Gun Control - Deemed illegal in most sectors across the Galaxy, the weapon is hard to come by via legal means and most law enforcement or security equivalents are quick to spot the contraband rifle. Collectors and criminals beware as usually the sheer sight of the Setcheha is enough to draw a great deal of unwanted, and usually dangerous, attention.

• It Bounced? - While designed to punch holes in tough armor, the Setcheha has shown variable performance against more exotic materials. Penetration and failure to penetrate depends on a variety of factors such as range, angle, target density, and more.
DESCRIPTION

Designed as a new era of weaponry in a far more dangerous era, the Setcheha is Tenloss’ newest addition to it's arsenal.

Essentially a burst fire Railgun/Disruptor hybrid rifle, the Setcheha operates on a two barrel, burst fire system. Each pull of the trigger fires a series of projectiles in a slug-bolt-slug sequence. The initial slug is designed to weaken the target at the point of impact while the subsequent disruptor bolt attempts to pierce the weakened area. The final slug impacts the damaged area and, in theory, punches through to cause large amounts of damage to the target. The weapon performed well at trials and saw a variety of effects against rare materials dependent entirely on the situational case of each item. The weapon fires only in three round bursts designed to maximize the Setcheha's penetration power and cannot be modified to fire semi or fully automatically. The weapon follows Tenloss’ usual tradition of simple and easy use and maintenance, though due to the weapon's design and the usual legalities surrounding Disruptor technology, the weapon was quickly banned in most galactic sectors making the rifle more a choice for die hard collectors, criminals, and any who live beyond the borders of the usual law and order.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Popo"]

After looking over this weapon and reading the description I don't think the weight of it would be very average. You have a powerpack and then 100 rail gun slugs would probably add a significant amount of weight. Please change that rating to Very Heavy or Heavy.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Alric Kuhn"]
I'd like to make the counter argument that Railgun slugs in my knowledge we're like ball bearings and most blasters work off power packs with more shots than this one. I'm happy to drop the number of shots, I guess I just had the mental image of a bunch of BBs and a Duracell in mind with this things ammunition lol

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Popo"]

Yeah do me a favor and do that. I get where you're coming from but the amount just still seems like quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom