Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serenity on Sullust (Open to all Jedi)

The Jedi had so many holocrons. It's as if almost every Jedi Knight who ever existed had something to say. It really enlightened Mullarus to see this. Every Jedi had some piece of themself they wanted to pass down to others. To students, like himself, who were trying so hard to find peace in their minds, to learn the meaning behind the Jedi Code, and pass the Jedi Trials so they can formally defend the galaxy from 'evil'.

This was the first time Mullarus was visiting the Jedi Temple on Sullust, and it was jaw-dropping, to say the least. The structure was massive; Bigger than any Temple or Academy that he had seen before. To be placed on such an inhabitable world, Krux supposed it had to be a complex structure. He left his starship, Patriot, and began to wander the Temple before coming to one of the many 'Learning Halls' located in the dome. This was where he had access to some Holocrons available to study, as well as a nearby area for sparring.

I can obviously fight. Knowledge is what I need before i'm ready to take on the Trials.

There were other Jedi students around. Some must have recognized him, even with his mask on, because he still managed to get some dirty, skeptical looks. How long until the Order realized he was one of them? Well, this was the home of the New Jedi Order under protection of the Galactic Alliance, of which Mullarus had fought against a few times as a Sith in the past. These were, from what he had heard, more hardened Jedi. Less pushovers, like the ones of the old Galactic Republic. They didn't take as much crap and debate as much in politics. Certain historical Jedi, like Malak and Revan, would have loved it here.

Mullarus switched off a holocron he was viewing and approached the mat on the other side of the room, where some training weapons were set up neatly on a rack to be used by any students. He crossed his arms over his chest and examined them more closely, coming to the conclusion that they were just like the ones he used as a Sith Apprentice. Wooden.

He looked around at the few other students in the room. He didn't recognize any.

It's going to be much harder to get in good with the New Jedi Order than it is with the Sanctum...but I need to start. These people are allies. I'd like to call them friends, too.

Though she didn’t verbalize it, Joza was having a bit of a difficult time adjusting, although she didn’t verbalize it. As much as she criticized Zeltros, the young woman soon found herself homesick for the planet of pleasure and vivid colors, and feeling very out of place in these scratchy robes. The naturally toxic atmosphere of Sullust didn’t help her mood, either. She wasn’t even sure if she was qualified to be here, and was one bad day away from running home to her mother.

To cope, she threw herself into her studies. She knew very little about Jedi and their history, her knowledge on them consisting of the stuff of legends. Thankfully, the temple had a wealth of information, more than she figured that there would be.

With her nerves and lack of knowledge, there was one area in which she was half-way decent. Physical combat was about all she had going for her, and even then many of the other Padawans had arrived with far superior skills. But fighting distracted her from downing in a sea of overhyped teenage angst, if only for a little while.

Setting her sights across the room she had entered, Joza headed toward the training area. As she moved closer, she realized that she didn’t recognize the man that was there, apparently observing the training weapons. Actually, she didn’t even notice him until she was practically standing next to him. A brief panic seized her but she worked herself out of it, inwardly cursing. Swallowing thickly, she calmed her nerves and decided that at this point, it would be best to try and speak.

“I haven’t seen your face around here before.” She paused to look up at him, only to realize that he was, in fact, wearing a mask. Smooth. “Uh…” At a loss for what to do, she just stared, feeling more and more out of place as she did so and wondering why she did this to herself.

[member="Krux Mullarus"]

Mullarus' eyes turned with his head toward the faint pink-skinned woman who just said the funniest thing to him he'd heard in a while. He couldn't help but chuckle, almost completely laugh. He actually felt happy for a moment, which lately, was quite rare. "You're not the only one. I prefer it that way, for now. If everyone saw it as soon as they saw me, it wouldn't be a good first impression." he said, his voice deep and a bit muffled behind the mask.

"I can't fully rely on others to not judge based on what others appear to be. That's why I wear a mask. It will come off permanently someday, but not today." he said. After a moment, he extended a hand to the smooth-talking zeltron woman, "Krux. Student of the New Jedi Order, I take it?"

[member="Joza Perl"]

Thankfully, the man only chuckled at her and her poor choice of words. But being laughed at ignited a small amount of anger in the young Zeltron, a pout forming on her face for a brief moment until he spoke again. Her brows knit in confusion, wondering what he was alluding to. Did he have some sort of horrific scarring? Or did he just look unlikable? She brushed those thoughts to the side for now.

As he extended his hand, she stared at it for a few moments, blinking. Was he actually offering to shake her hand? She took it regardless and offered an awkward smile which was all that she could muster in the moment, trying a bit too hard to make herself likable. “That I am. Joza, nice to meet you, Krux. Have you been here for long?”

[member="Krux Mullarus"]

Krux nodded, letting go of her hand and dropping it back at his side, devoid of any weapon or lightsaber, only robes. "That...depends on what you mean by 'here'. Here, as a student among other novices of the Force with ambitions to become someone great...I am used to that. I have been there. Just not here on Sullust. Have I been on Sullust long? No. This is my first time here, but it certainly won't be my last. I intend to become well acquainted with the New Jedi Order."

His indigo eyes, visible in the eyeholes of his mask, scanned the woman from her head to her feet for a brief moment before he turned and approached the mat, beginning to examine the training weapons. Combat. Of all of the things Krux was new to in this life as a Jedi, battle was one thing he was still a master of. His only handicap with that was having to learn to battle without the passion of a Sith. "What kind of Jedi do you aspire to be, Joza? In my studies of the Order, I learned of three different main paths that Jedi often branch off into. The strength, the mind, and the balance. I'm no stranger to the Force and it's disciples, but I have so...so much to learn about the knowledge of the Jedi. Have you studied the Jedi disciplines?" he asked, genuinely curious. Was he the only one who took an interest in such topics?

His hand caressed the hilt of one of the training weapons on the wall. Suddenly, he reminisced of his time as a Sith Acolyte using tools like these to learn how to wield a lightsaber. He was certainly no novice to it now, and a part of him felt he could make himself known to the New Jedi Order by demonstrating his talent. Besides, after being defeated and nearly slain in his last battle against the monster that guided him down the path of the Sith, Pyrrhus, he needed a confidence boost.

Maybe she would take the hint.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza kept her eyes on Krux as he spoke, tilting her head to the side as she examined him. She was initially surprised to hear that he’d trained with the Force before, but as he went on she gradually got the vibe from him that he was way more experienced than she was. Which, to be honest, wasn’t that difficult. “Where did you train before coming here?” The question was innocent, with a curious lit to it.

When he prompted her with a question, the young Zeltron fell silent. She had learned a lot of new information since coming to the temple, but there was still much, much more for her to learn. A lifetime, it seemed. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, ruminating over his question. “I’m not sure.” She answered finally, shrugging her shoulders in an apologetic gesture for her lackluster response. “I’m still very new to this. I didn’t know much before coming here, and I still have a lot to learn. I always thought that Jedi just fought with their lightsabers, but there really does seem to be a lot more to it.” She ran her fingers through her hair, scratching at the back of her scalp in embarrassment. “I can’t answer fully, but as of now…I think it would be good to have a balance of physical prowess and mental fortitude.”

Her eyes followed his hands as he picked up one of the training weapons and she paused, watching him handle it for a few moments. “Would you like to spar, Krux?” She offered, holding back from biting her lip after the words left her mouth. For some reason, she got the feeling that she would be no match for him. But hey, it would likely stay that way if she didn’t push herself.

[member="Krux Mullarus"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"That..." he said, his voice trailing off. It was a personal question he wasnt quite comfortable sharing. It was why he wore a mask. "...is not important. In time, you may learn. There is no problem with being new to something. We all start somewhere. I am like you. I know little of the Jedi as well, but it's why i'm here. We seek knowledge." he answered, picking up two of the kendo-like training swords and handing her one.

"Have you ever wielded a lightsaber, Joza? I am no stranger to the Force, but I am a veteran of battle and combat. I can help you learn. After all, teaching is something I have experience in, and teaching is the best method of study."

She blinked once, absorbing his words for a moment before a small smile appeared on her lips. She liked his way of speaking, somehow it made her feel more at ease. Even if he was well-versed in other arts, it felt good to know someone who was as new as she was to the Jedi ways. She took the mock sword when he offered it, nodding her head in thanks. She examined the weapon for a few seconds, fitting her hand around the smooth wooden hilt in a comfortable grip. She raised the “blade” upwards so that it was nearly vertical to her face, examining its cut and thickness before lowering it, her eyes finding her way back to Krux.

“I haven’t.” She shook her head as she spoke. “I only know the very basics of fencing.” When he offered to teach her, a spark lit up in the young Zeltron’s eyes. She was eager to build her skills as a Jedi, perhaps too eager at times. Nodding slowly, she tucked the makeshift blade between her arm and body, reaching around behind her head to knot her thick hair into a bun with a hair tie. “It would be a pleasure to learn from an experienced combatant.”

[member="Krux Mullarus"]

For a moment, Krux almost called Joza 'apprentice'. Hi last position of power still burned the back of his mind. He looked at the faintly-pink-skinned woman the same way he used to look at his two apprentices before his defection. He frowned, unseeable under his mask, but he realized how much he missed them. He promised to make them great Knights like he was. Now he was their enemy. They must have cursed his name now. Especially Abelain...Oh, Abe, i'm so sorry...

He blinked, returning to the present. Joza had tied up her hair, which was a good idea. Krux's hair was long like that for a while before, and it often got in his face in battle. He was unaware of this 'fencing' she referred to, but he decided to show her the most basic of Lightsaber forms that most Jedi - and Sith - learn as children.

He nodded to her, "Please. I'm just lending you my knowledge. Remember: I'm not your superior. Just pay attention." he asked, holding his sword with both hands, right above the left, at a 55° angle outward.

"I will show you Form I: Shii-Cho, the Way of the Sarlacc. It is a simple form, but it is also outdated and frankly, not very useful in combat. It is one of the most important forms, though, because it teaches a student how a lightsaber should be wielded. It's efficiency comes from it's simplicity. Hold your blade like mine and mimic my movements." he commanded, gently swinging his tool horizontally from right to left and vice versa in simple sweeps, all the while, his eyes locked onto one side of Joza at a time. A sweep at her left, a sweep at her right.

"Shii-Cho focuses on target areas. Striking your opponents left side, right side, legs, sword arm, a simple thrust. This is why it is no longer useful in battle, especially against other lightsaber-wielding opponents. The strikes are easy to see and easy to parry. This form is, as I said, one for learning. It is easy to learn and master. All Jedi usually learn it first. Learn to master Shii-Cho, and you can learn how to master the rest."

[member="Joza Perl"]

Nikola was bored. Now, that wasn't saying overly much, given that he often found himself in such a state without something to immediately occupy his attention and interest, but he was bored nonetheless. Already he had exhausted the relaxation techniques his Master, [member="Chevu Visz"], had taught him, having meditated and worked through relaxing each major muscle group from head to toe three times over. As was the case most times when he had nothing which to do with his free-time, it didn't suffice, and so once again he found himself in the training grounds. The locale was akin to his second home, and he was nearly as relaxed there as would be the case within his own quarters.

Before [member="Krux Mullarus"] and [member="Joza Perl"] arrived he had already been well on his way through his own workout routine, having run a few laps around the outside of the arena. He was halfway through a set of sit-ups, having already completed the same amount of push-ups beforehand. Clad in a pair of loose-fitting shorts that hung to below his knees and a dark tanktop, a sheen of sweat already coating his figure. Once the pair entered he pushed himself to his feet, studying them for a moment as if deciding whether it would be worthwhile to join in on their lesson. After all, his experience in lightsaber combat only extended as far as his training did, but he'd crafted his own blade regardless.

Wandering over to where they had acquired the training weapons he picked up one of his own and weighed it in his grip for a moment, giving the wooden blade a spin to test the balance. Unlike the plasma energy he was used to handling this one had some weight to it, a factor that would make it different than wielding his saber but not impossible in the least. Finally he meandered over to the duo, standing some friendly distance away and watching the other man in his movements for a moment before he finally broke that silence, "You got room for one more?"

Joza leaned forward slightly to get a better view, honing in on Krux’s hands and weapon. She did her best to mimic his hold, adjusting the placement of her hands until she seemed to get it right. Glancing back at his blade, she moved hers outward before peeking at his sword again and inching her own forward a little more. The stance was something new to her so she both felt and looked awkward, not yet able to fall into it naturally. Hopefully, that would come with time.

She listened with rapt interest as he explained the basis of Shii-Cho. She knew a bit about each form from her time here, but had yet to practice any for herself. Her eyes switched from Krux to her blade, doing her best to mirror his movements as she swept her makeshift weapon to the left and right in time with him. Her swings weren’t as refined as his yet, they were a little wild and over-powered. She could tell that something was wrong, but didn’t know how to fix it. The thought began to frustrate her, but thankfully the introduction of another Padawan cut here irritation short. She paused in her movements, glancing over the newcomer and offering him a small, awkward smile.

[member="Krux Mullarus"] [member="Nikola Ticon"]

Krux turned his masked face to the newcomer. Well, new to this side of the room. Krux nodded, "Of course. Are you familiar with Shii-Cho?"

Turning his attention back to Joza, he pointed his sword at her arms. "Hey, loosen up. Controlled swings. You aren't trying to hack off a Sith's limbs yet." he chuckled softly, all in good humor and hoping she didn't take it as him making fun of her.

[member="Joza Perl"] / [member="Nikola Ticon"]

Well, Nikola didn't want to show off... Oh, feth that, he did want to, even if it was just a bit. Considering the training blade for just a few seconds more he spun it with a flick of his wrist a second time, before eventually moving through an impromptu display of bladework without taking steps forwards or back. Flashing a none-too-sheepish smile - did he ever have the classical Corellian attitude - he nodded to the both of them. "You could say so. I'm better with Niman, though. Improvisation and thinking on my feet are what I'm best at, even if my Master might disagree." At least, such was the case when it came to this sort of environment. His book studies were another matter altogether.

"Name's Nikola Ticon." He had noted from observation that [member="Joza Perl"] was the likely novice out of the three of them, and so looked to [member="Krux Mullarus"], who seemed to be a touch more experienced and likely the most talented swordsman present. "Fancy a bit of a sparring match to warm up and maybe demonstrate a bit of what you're teaching here?" Always the spitfire, ready to go without a second thought.

Joza nearly looked startled when [member="Krux Mullarus"] corrected her, nodding quickly and making the necessary adjustments. Well, as much as she could at this point. Her muscles were still a little too stiff but her swings were smoother, at least.

She glanced the newcomer out of the corner of her eye, dropping her own sword to her side and turning so that she could watch him fully as he showed off his skill. “Joza Perl. Nice to meet you, [member="Nikola Ticon"].” Despite the pleasant atmosphere, she couldn’t help but feel self-conscious in front of two Jedi who were clearly on a different plane of skill that she. Still, she tried to her best not to let it get in the way. Every lesson was valuable.

Krux cocked up a brow when the young man challenged him to spar. "Ticon? Alright. Joza, if you don't mind, please step aside. Wouldn't want you getting caught in the middle." ​he said, giving his kendo another twirl as to test its weight and balance. He was used to using real lightsabers and real swords, so this would be a bit different. In fact, he had a feeling he could be beaten. He wasn't entirely used to fighting without using the Sith Code to his advantage. He couldn't fight with anger and passion in his heart now. All he could use now was focus, and he wondered if he could pull it off.

He took a defensive stance on one end of the mat, deciding to measure up the boy's skill by playing with Form III before testing himself to see if he still had what he knew he was capable of before defecting to the Jedi. "Your move, Ticon" he said behind his mask.

[member="Joza Perl"] / [member="Nikola Ticon"]

[member="Krux Mullarus"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nikola Ticon"]

For some reason, every single time Sheyh returned to the Jedi temple, he was still impressed by the awesome architecture. He walked slowly through the halls, as he always did to really take in the craftsmanship. He turned into the room that the other students had gathered in and analysed their appearances. Some looked strong, others looked weak if he was going to be honest, never the less the grouped seemed promising over all. He made sure his lightsaber was fashioned to his belt, noting that it was exposed to view, it kind of made him feel important. He looked over to the small collection of people who were already prepared to spar, their fake swords in a full showcase. He had just returned from the Sun Temple on Tatooine and retrieved the Holocron for the Jedi Order, so he figured he could sit back and watch this one. Taking a seat near the soon-to-be duel, he watched attentively at the two Jedi. He had been a Padawan for quite some time now, but it never failed to amuse him when two people were going to have a good old fashion clash. Although he trained primarily in Form IV combat, seeing others was never any harm. He watched the action...

Now, Nikola might have been a touch arrogant, but no one could say he was stupid. Sometimes it paid to have been raised in the criminal underworld for one's entire childhood and tween years. He knew how to read people, and once you obtained that skill it wasn't terribly difficult to discern when someone wasn't entirely who they claimed to be. While [member="Krux Mullarus"] might have been a Jedi Padawan at this moment, something about the way the other held himself made him inclined to believe that hadn't always been the case. While he couldn't determine what his past allegiances may have been, there was an unspoken danger there he had some amount of respect for.

Briefly he glanced to the newcomer, not deeming him one of extreme importance just yet as he merely sat to the side to observe. Focus. That was always his bane. It was easy for him to lose himself in something he decided was much more interesting and worth his time rather than concentrating on that which actually mattered to him in the moment. He turned his curiosity away from the new arrival and back to the fight at hand, beginning with a simple opening sequence that didn't speak of any overdone flashiness or desire to immediately prove himself. Right now he was simply testing the waters in order to determine whether his suspicions held any truth to them.

[member="Sheyh Kehl"], [member="Joza Perl"]

Nodding slowly at Krux’s suggestion, Joza backed away in order to give the two Jedi their space. She was still close enough to see the action, intending to analyze their battle to the best of her ability. She tucked her training weapon between her arm and her side before crossing her arms over her chest, glancing back at the newcomer for a few moments before her gaze returned to the match in front of her.

[member="Krux Mullarus"] [member="Sheyh Kehl"] [member="Nikola Ticon"]

Ticon came at him more composed than Mullarus expected. Was he holding back? Well, not that it was bad if he was. Mullarus was holding back by playing defensively. He was much more used to being very aggressive and overwhelming in combat. He just didn't want to hurt the guy. He wanted to size him up.

He felt the presence of another approach. From the corner of his eye through the holes in his mask, Krux saw a mirialan man, presumably another padawan, who appeared to be watching along with Joza. The audience was not expected, but it didn't hurt.

Over and over, Ticon and Mullarus' kendo collided. Everyone could probably tell Krux was not trying to fight back yet. The blade of his kendo was kept close and tight to his body, moving quickly across his robes to deflect and parry Ticon's advances. An opportunity would surely expose itself, which would be when Mullarus would decide to go on the offensive.

One thing clear from Mullarus' fighting style was how experienced it appeared. He was relaxed and focused, something he really needed to practice. Rage and passion were no longer his source of power. The transition was tedious for him, as it required a lot of patience he never took to easily as a Sith, but he was working on it. Ticon and the other Padawans may not realize it, but Krux was learning just as much in this spar as they might have been.

[member="Nikola Ticon"] / [member="Joza Perl"] / [member="Sheyh Kehl"]

Watching the fake swords smacking together rhythmically was like music to his ears. Every second Sheyh watched the more he wanted to battle both of them, and it took practically every ounce of self-control Sheyh had in his body not to jump in too. In stead he analysed them, his foot tapping on the ground, and looked at the fighting techniques. Combat was something that Sheyh was experienced and efficient in, since the force wasn't something that tended to agree with him, he usually relied on his blade to do the damage. He watched to young man back the masked one quite the ways, but he already knew what was going on, it was something Sheyh never did. The masked man was waiting patiently for his time, and at that time he would take on the offensive role. Defense never boded well with Sheyh, his usual strategy being to overwhelm the enemy as quick as possible. In a way he admired the masked mans patients even noticing how relaxed and easy this battle was for him. Sheyh just waited his turn.

[member="Krux Mullarus"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nikola Ticon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom