Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sera's Feedback

I said I wasn't going to do this, I tried. I failed. Curiosity and all that... I'd like to know what you fine people think of her.

I've done (I think) my best to keep her pretty grounded, her ideals and personality growing and reshaping as she progresses. But I would like to hear from other folks who have either read threads she is in or who she has shared them with.

RP list in bio link.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Sadly I've not written with Sera but I am writing with Kayleigh Tyven, so I can safely say from what I know of your writing skills and what I've seen of Sera, you paint pictures with your words and do the community proud. Lots of enthusiasm, imagination and detail which is great to write with and great to read.

I hope to write with Sera in the future. :)

I think you're wonderful

tumblr_m1uolr9LJf1qi89wco1_500.gif

You were essentially the first person I met RP wise (Manaan) and since then we've done a couple of threads together. I think your character is excellent. I say anymore and I'll make her blush ;)

For a Jedi, Sera is terribly emotional. Her pure hatred for Sith makes her so much more like a Sith than not. But that's what I love about her. It's a major advancement point for her to either get past the hate or be consumed by it (Most likely the later with what I got in store for ya <3). All and all, she's tough, determined, and still learning, making her an amazingly interesting character.

I look forward to your next post :p

[member="Connor Harrison"] - We should change that! I love to write with Fixx! We seem to share writing chemistry :)

[member="Corvus Raaf"] - I love you too, grandmaster.
izAmNBP.gif

[member="Darth Venefica"] - Back at'cha!

[member="Tacitanya"] - Ya. they are just so cliche aren't they?

[member="Darth Ferus"] - Thank you :) I appreciate that! I will post as soon as Gherron has time to reply, unless he takes forever :p

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko

your char is amazing and I love doing rp's with you, the fact that she has emotional flaws kinda brings her out more leaving grate room for Rp (damn those wall's)

as for your writing you out do me any day it's clear and concise, and you do both quantity and quality in your post's. I really enjoy her and my char much more someday. ahem you didn't hear that last part. ;)

Having seen her in a couple of threads with my char, then looking at some more, I thought I'd also offer an opinion on Seraphina. I like you took a different route than the others; Seraphina certainly stands out among her fellow Jedi, and not just because of her pink ( :p ) skin colour. She is pretty distinct in every way and I believe it is great to see a different kind of Jedi, someone that adds more flavour into the Order. A very good character, one that feels like a living person and not just another "I am not entitled to have opinions and feelings" kind of Jedi. Her kind and serene personality when dealing with other Jedi really contrasts with her merciless and intolerant side she shows whenever she encounters someone she dislikes.

That brings up my other point; Seraphina is a terrible Jedi. This is not meant as an offence, by the way, she is a good character. But as your title itself says, she is a zealot. When the glitz falls off, you can see someone who could frequently appear in Sith propaganda, and not in a good way. You can see she is not better than Sith; she is worse than many of them. When she meets an "enemy", she is passionate, filled with hate and anger, very unreasonable, completely overtaken by emotions. Personally, I view her as an opposite to my Veles; whereas my Sith's empathy and kindness he often displays humanize the Sith, I believe you have taken the opposite route with your Jedi, no? Show Jedi aren't just pure do-gooders, but an Order that has their share of people that are just as bad as Sith. Make the conflict more grey rather than black and white.

Again, this is just my opinion. You can retaliate in kind :p ;)

[member="Darth Veles"] - This was spot on :) And more or less really what I was going for with her. Thank you for the really nice feedback!

She is entirely convinced of the evil of the Sith while blinded by her intolerance for them. It's more of a nod to the idea that there really isn't a good vs evil theme in Star Wars, or really life in general. More so that good or evil rests in the eyes of each individual. She is fiercely loyal to the cause she believes, whatever causes that may be, and quite frankly incapable to perceive things in any other light. Her mind simply doesn't allow it. Tunnel vision so to speak. She may bend the rules on occasion or do things out of turn, but its "for the good of the Order" hence why I've titled her a Zealot.

I am quite happy other people have perceived her that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom