Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seperation across the stars

Gherron stared at the holocommunicator in front of him, frozen in time. He'd been looking at the thing for the last half hour, and even then it had taken long enough to get him to actually walk to it. What would he say to her? What would she say? It had been so long since he left. Plus, he'd hurt her. He winced as the scene replayed in his mind. If he could get over that entire ordeal, be would still never forgive himself for hitting her, even if it wasn't really him. If Josh hadn't put him down... Gherron was scared he could've done much worse. Sighing softly, he sat in a chair against the wall and leaned back into it, thinking. Would she even recognize him? His long hair and scraggly beard were nothing like how he looked before running away. There was only one way to find out. Moving before he could stop himself, he got up and dialed the frequency of his fiance. "Nef... , he spoke to himself. "Please answer."

[member="Nefertari Sovint"]

I couldn't help but find this appropriate for the title and setting xD
[Youtube]https://youtu.be/D3TpPnEqyBo[/youtube]

Nef...looked pretty much the same. However, inside, she'd changed quite a bit. Ever since that dreadful encounter she'd had with Gherron, her instability in the force had grown steadier. The dark was still there, and Nef had come to accept that it likely always would be. Her lightsaber skills had gotten stronger, but her willingness to use it had waned somewhat.

Yet, she was still a Jedi, and she still loved Gherron deeply.
Nefertari sat in meditation, trying to sense her beloved's signature. If he was still out there, or if the worst had happened, she needed to know. As she was coming close to an answer, a synthesized tune played, letting her know a holocall was coming in.

Well, her answer had slipped away. Might as well answer it.

On the other end, a Hologram of Nefertari appeared. Her projector glowed to life, showing a bearded man with long flowing locks.

...Who is this? She wondered. The man on the hologram was familiar, hauntingly familiar, but she couldn't recall seeing him before.

"I cannot help but think we have met before. What is your name?"
[member="Gherron Vael"]​

Seeing Nefertari's face on the other end, Gherron almost choked up a small sob. She hadn't changed one bit, though he could see in her eyes that she had grown stronger, both physically and mentally. She had trained harder in his absence, perhaps to get her mind off of it. But then to look at himself... Brushing some hair out of his face, his steel grey eyes stared unmoving at his fiance. "It's me... It's Gherron." The words felt dry as they came out of his mouth. It was true, he was Gherron Vael. But he was a different man than who she had known the last time she saw him. It was just good to see the face of his beloved.

Nefertari subconsciously tried to embrace the hologram. It had been a long time since she had seen Gherron. She snapped back to reality when she fell through the composition of light.

"We are not the same people we once were..."

Nef paused

"But I sense the man I love, and he is still intact!"
Filled with a bittersweet excitement, she took a seat.
"My darling, if you have time, I would like to talk. But first, are you alright?"

[member="Gherron Vael"]​

"I'm fine, I'm doing good. Josh found me and I'm on his ship now... though I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around." He lowered his gaze for a moment, unable to meet hers. She wouldn't understand what was going through his head, and he wouldn't expect her to. He was a different man in more ways than one. He knew he couldn't face her yet. "I can't come home. Not yet, at least. I need time to find out who I am now. I need time to find the old Gherron. That's not me anymore. I'm going to have to disappear... I hope you'll understand that." Sighing to himself, he brushed more hair out of his face as it continued to tumble over.

"Disappearing yet again?" She asked "Gherron. Time may heal all wounds, but it can rip open new ones just as easily. I understand if you need time to find yourself, but do not try to outrun your troubles. They always have a way of getting to those that do."

Letting that sink in with her beloved, she spoke again

"I love you, Gherron. I saw a good part of the pain you endured, and cannot bear to see you go through more like that. Do what you must, but do not shove me or your friends away. If you need something, let us know."

Nef had no desire to get cross with Gherron, but he was leaving just after he revealed himself.

[member="Rylan Thatcher"]​

Gherron didn't want to say it, but if anything the main reasons for calling Nef was so that he and her could have some closure, as well as stopping Josh from having to lie to her. In fact, a lot of what he had said was coming to surface with his fiance, both saying not to run. But right now, that was all he knew how to do. He didn't want to go back home as the person he was. It would hurt them and himself too much. Gherron Vael would return eventually, but right now that wasn't him. "I promise I'll let you guys know if I need help. But right now... I just need time to get my life back together. I will return to you, I promise. When I'm better. Right now, uou woukdnt recognize me as a person. At least, not the one you fell in love with." He looked down for a moment. "Just promise you won't come looking for me. Keep on helping people."

"I will continue helping people, have no worries there."
A sad look crossed her eyes
"I understand your reasons, much as I wish we could be together again right now. I promise I will not seek you out, but please do not be angry if we cross paths by chance."

Nef thought a moment
Sh-should I tell him?
No, Gherron had enough on his mind. He didn't know it yet, but Nefertari had carried his child and was now raising him with the Jedi on Exis Station. The child was fine for now, there was no need for Nef's dearest to add yet another concern unless it was absolutely necessary.
"Gherron, know that I will always love you."

Gherron allowed a small smile at her words. He couldn't be angry at Nef, it just wasn't possible. He loved her with everything... He just couldn't bear to have her near him right now. He needed space. Looking into her eyes as best as he could over the holo, he noticed a sadness in them, but there was something else. Something different she hadn't told him. Maybe it was for the best. "I love you too, Nef. I promise I'll come back to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom