Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Senshi Teima Masamune-Merrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deluxe%20Bokken%20Loquat.jpg
Intent: To create a non-lethal weapon designed to render opponents disabled or unconscious through humbling means.
Development Thread: To Tame Warriors
Manufacturer: Masamune Tametomo and Rave Merrill
Affiliation: Masamune Tametomo and Rave Merrill
Modularity: N/A
Production: Unique (2)
Material: Alchemized wood, Ssi-ruuvi ion paddle beamer
Description:

Realizing that not every encounter need end in bloodshed, Masamune saw a need for a weapon designed to humanely and non-lethally defeat enemy opponents in armed combat. Masamune’s friend, student, and mentor, Rave Merrill, made this possible with technology, alchemy, and the two smiths’ skill.

The Senshi Teima, or Warrior Tamer in Atrisian, is an alchemically treated wooden bokken, or training sword, styled after an Atrisian Katana. The alchemical treatment renders the blade nearly indestructible and resistant to lightsabers and blasters. Inside is a compact version of a Ssi-ruuvi Ion Paddle Beamer. The concept is when the blade strikes a target, it triggers the paddle beamer which fires in the direction of the impact. The thin bolt passes through the bokken and into the target itself, bypassing conventional armor and shields, to numb and paralyze the impact area. This will render limbs, hands, and digits completely numb and unusable. Impacts to the lower spine will render the victim unable to walk while impacts to the upper spine or head will knock the victim unconscious.

The downside of the weapon is that it is completely useless on non-biological foes, outside of pure blunt force, and that the weapon is unable to kill a target - again, outside of blunt force trauma.

Classification: Wooden Sword
Size: One or Two-handed
Length: 70cm
Weight: 1.3kg
Special Features:
  • Lightsaber resistant
  • Blaster resistant
  • Renders the impact site numb and paralyzed
  • Against the upper spine or head, impacts will render the target unconscious

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Ahh, Ssi-Ruuvi Paddle beamers. Excellent things. I must ask though, is it a paddle beamer put into the sword or alchemizing the effect of the paddle beamer on the blade? If it's the former does it have an 'ammo count' so to speak? Furthermore, the paralytic effects, I assume they're not permanent, just long enough to take them out of combat?

[member="Masamune Tametomo"]

[member="Valik"]
Its a paddle beamer in the sword and as for ammo count, I've never actually seen an ammo count on a paddle beamer and it isnt mentioned in the wook article. As for the effects, a short amount of time. 10-20 minutes, maybe.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Masamune Tametomo"]

Normally I'd ask for an ammo count, but considering this effect only hits partial areas for ten minutes while Canon Paddle Beamers would make someone numb in a limb for hours, or even just knock someone out completely I'm okay with it not being specific. We'll assume it's more than you'll ever need in a standard battle and get you a stamp. If this is abused it'll be pulled down for reworking, but I'm skeptical of a wooden sword being used for powergaming. Excellent sub, excellent dev thread, excellent work. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom