Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senate Guard

Since I haven't been able to find anything that clearly lays out the role and responsibilities of the Senate Guard, and since I'm bored out of my mind at the moment, I thought it might be a good idea to lay out a proposal on the matter. Please excuse any typos; I'm on my phone, and autocorrect is sure to bite me in the ass at some point.

Role: The role of the Senate Guard is to provide security for the Senate Building, surrounding districts, and any senators or similarly high ranking elected officials moving around the capitol during peacetime. If the planet comes under attack, we will coordinate with the appropriate military units to ensure that the Senate is protected.

Responsibilities:
-Provide security for the Senate Building and surrounding districts.
-Provide security for Senators or similarly high ranking elected officials moving around the capitol. If a Senator wishes to bring their own dedicated security detail from their home planet, a Guardsman will be attached to the detail to coordinate with local law enforcement agencies in order to avoid potential problems.
-In the event that a credible threat to a Senator or the Senate Building, or any other official that falls under the protection of the Guard is discovered, coordinate with local law enforcement agencies as well as appropriate military units to neutralize threat.
-The Senate Guard will not conduct criminal investigations against Senators, unless there is probable cause to suspect that they pose a threat to other Senators. However, in the event that an investigation uncovers criminal activity and an arrest warrant is issued, the Senate Guard must be brought in to assist with the arrest.
-In the event that a military official of flag rank, law enforcement officer of equivalent rank, or Jedi of Master rank is charged with an offense that warrants arrest, the Senate Guard may be detailed to help with the arrest. The Guard's knowledge of security measures and working relationship with local law enforcement agencies may prove to be an invaluable asset in such endeavors.

Recruitment: In order to provide the best possible security for the Senate, the Senate Guard must be a dynamic and diverse force. As such, we will recruit from a wide variety of law enforcement agencies and military units and, in rare cases, mercenaries and Jedi. Minimum requirements are as follows:
-Ten years of exemplary service in the Republic Military in a combat arms position, OR
-Ten years of exemplary service in a Repubic law enforcement agency, with at least three years in an investigative or direct combat role, OR
-Ten years of exemplary service in a mercenary outfit in good standing with the Republic and having a recommendation from your home planet's Senator, OR
-Ten years of exemplary service in the Jedi Order, having acheived the rank of Knight and with the recommendation of the Jedi Council and a Senator
-Must have a clean service record. Minor infractions and nonjudicial punishments do not necessarily disqualify, but anything that results in a loss of rank, pay, or seniority will require a waiver.
-Must be able to pass a drug screening. Mild stimulants such as nicotine and caffeine are permitted, as well as mild intoxicated such as alcohol, but narcotics, amphetamines, hallucinogens, or other controlled substances are not without a prescription. Prescription drug use will require regular screenings to ensure proper use, and signs of addiction may be cause for termination.
-Must have a clean credit report. A history of unpaid debt, unsecured debt over a certain amount, any gambling debt, or having close friends and relatives with any of the above may be grounds for disqualification.
-Must pass thorough psychological and physical health screenings. A decade of service in any of those professions takes a toll on the mind and body, and that will be accounted for. However, applicants must be within certain parameters to qualify.

Training: Once applicants have made it through the selection process, they will be put through a rigorous 12 month training cycle. This is not a boot camp. To make it this far, each and every applicant must be an expert in his or her chosen profession. To treat such individuals like a bunch of fresh out of high school kids would be to waste everyone's time. Instead, they will be given what basically amounts to a master level course in bodyguarding, investigation, combat engineering, countersniping, and dozens of other vital skills.

At the nine month mark, each trainee will adopt a specialty that best suits their skills and experience, and will spend the next three months training in that specialty.

Organization: Upon graduation, new Guardsmen will be assigned to a team. Teams will be carefully built to ensure compatibility between members and to provide maximum effectiveness. No team will have less than five members or more than twenty.

Teams will fall into two categories: General, and Specialized.

General teams will make up the bulk of the protective details. Usually consisting of ten members, General teams will be well balanced, in order to respond to nearly any threat quickly and effectively. To be assigned to a General team is considered a great honor, as the General teams are considered the face of the Guard.

Specialized teams will vary in number depending on the job at hand. Investigative teams, for instance, will usually consist of ten to fifteen members. Counter assassin groups tend to be small, and often go weeks at a time without reporting in, much to the consternation of their superiors.

Specialized teams are also responsible for Senate Building security. Some are the visible face, standing in doorways in ornate (but fully functional) armor. Others are responsible for managing the air defense system, or watching for snipers.

The largest of the Specialized teams are the ones built to fight off Sith incursions. This is where the Jedi recruits come in. Each team has a Jedi attached. That Jedi is considered the subject matter expert when it comes to fighting Force users, and will train the other team members on how to effectively engage opponents of that nature. Since Force User threats are rare, these teams will spend almost all of their time training, in the hopes that when they actually have to perform live, they can do so without getting massacred.

Jurisdiction: The Senate Guard has priority jurisdiction in all cases where a credible threat to the Senate or a particular Senator or group of Senators presents itself, within the Republic capitol. That jurisdiction extends to orbital habitats, civilian ships, and military ships not currently engaged in combat.

Though the Senate Guard does not have jurisdiction offworld, they may request to coordinate with local law enforcement agencies on any planet in the Republic on these cases, and said law enforcement agencies may request assistance as well. Additionally, Senators may request Guardsmen to accompany them offworld.

Very well written, and I support this 100%. Let me know if you need help from the House Secretary to make this happen.

Assassination of Senators and Government officials is a persistent threat so I can't wait to see these men and women in action.

[member="Dresden Verbrennung"]

My goal is to keep the Senate Guard relatively small. The larger it is, the easier it becomes to insert double agents, and taking over embassy security would mean increasing the membership by a couple orders of magnitude. Traditionally, embassy security is provided by the military, and it's a role they excel in. Plus, make the Senate Guard too large and they pose a potential threat to the Republic if compromised.

As far as training goes, that'll probably be added to the program. Oddly enough, most military and police only receive token training in hand to hand combat, on the grounds that going hand to hand is a last resort, only used when all other options are exhausted. Your average soldier or LEO is more than capable of thumping drunks, but they'll learn more about hand to hand from bar fights than training.

[member="Soell Alberio"]

[member="Kahne Porte"]

I'm sure we can find a way to work together. The Alliance and the Republic have similar goals, after all, and a common enemy. I'm honestly clueless as to how well the two factions are getting along at the moment, but as far as I'm concerned, that's business for politicians.

What would you say to helping organize an exchange program? Send some Alliance personnel to train with the Senate Guard, and send Senate Guardsmen to train with the Alliance, that sort of thing.

Very true, I'm not entirely too sure how the factions are getting along, but as you say-Similar goals-common enemy. We are after the same thing in a sense. Kahne will do what is necessary to help out those that fight against tyranny.

I can check with the alliance and see. I've only just returned from a LOA at the moment, still getting my feet back on the ground. For right now count me in, and I'll check back in a few days!

[member="Dresden Verbrennung"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom