Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Semphladine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan

Name: Semphladine

Intent: To expand CCT's range of products
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Concordia Cresent Technologies
Model: Semphladine
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: Minor

Material: 20% Durasteel, 15% Xonolite, 35% Quadranium, 30% Titanium

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
  • 1.5x as Strong as durasteel
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Hard to produce to the number of metals in the compound
  • Due to the number of heavy metals in Semphladine it is nearly double the weight of durasteel and about triple(y?) the brittlness of durasteel. Meaning that hurried production with it, or any solid kinetic blows on it at all will have a high chance of shattering the product.
  • 2x the weight of durasteel

Description:A hard to produce sturdy material capable of standing up to years in service. Semphladine was created to supply CCT with a material for the construction of their more serious projects. With Titanium and Quadranium in the mix it makes Semphladine more expensive to produce, but allows for a much sturdier result. Due to the compasition Semphladine is quite brittle and heavy but much stronger. The titanium in it allows for a extermely high melting point,and as such lasers do not deal as much damage. But sabers, and weapons like them wil cut through it same as normal. And though it can take a high powered laser blast any focused kinetic strike will very easily shatter it into pieces. As such it is usisily used in gun barrels or as armor plates and never swords or any thing of the kind.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Severence Rau said:
Incredibly strong and durable
How does this compare in strength to a common metal, like durasteel?

Do you have any particular uses that you're thinking about using this metal for (armor construction, gun barrel construction, etc)?

Titan

gun barrels at the moment and armor in the future. (i.e. as soon as I tier up.) edited the post to reflect how much stronger and more durable it is than durasteel.

Severence Rau said:
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.) 1.5x as Strong and 2x as durable as durasteel.

Is there a particular way that you're differentiating between strong and durable?

I think that this could use more description of its properties considering the intended use for it and its apparent high strength.

There are a lot of ways to flesh out a material like this. We can talk about malleability, heat conduction, tensile strength, magnetism, corrosion resistance, etc. While I don't expect an dissertation or hard numbers for this material, I'd like to see something more indepth for its given power.

In addition, I would like to see an additional weakness besides being hard to produce. This weakness should be a property of the material (not something like "expensive"). Perhaps it's unusually heavy, brittle, or vulnerable to certain types of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom