Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Seleca Advanced Targeting and Tracking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
Seleca Advanced Targeting and Tracking System (SATTS)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an advanced targeting and tracking system for use by weapons created by the GWS for its private military organization.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source:
    MSTA
  • MFTAS
  • Tachyon Assaulter

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The G.W.S
  • Affiliation: G.W.S
  • Model: ATATTS//028 M1 Seleca Advanced Targeting and Tracking System (SATTS)
  • Modularity: N/A

• Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    Focused and siphoned crystal
  • Advanced circuitry systems
  • Tempered durasteel
  • Processor systems
  • Virtual Intelligence
    Military-grade tracking system AI (Subserveant, not autonomous whatsoever)
  • Military-grade targeting system AI (Subserveant, not autonomous whatsoever)

SPECIAL FEATURES

Standard Features
  • Long-distance Tracking System
  • Long-distance Targeting System
  • Lock-on system (Toggleable; Not usable while the HAAS is online)
  • Hip-fire Aim Assistance System (HAAS)
  • Target Aquisition System
  • Information Readout System (Wind Speed, Weather Conditions, Remaining Ammo, etc)

HAAS
  • The GWS is striving to imprint and include their newly developed HAAS into more and more weapon models. Ever since the success, they have seen from the creation of the Tachyon Assaulter gun, the possibilities to include such systems to other weapons has become an unprecedented number and an ever-growing one.
  • The HAAS system makes uses of somewhere between one to six small and minuscule electronic optical units that allows the weapon to pinpoint enemies. These military analyzer systems have a very small range of sight. If a circle were to be drawn on a piece of paper and the gun was represented as a straight line at the end of the circle, this line would only contain within its line of sight a thirty-degree angle. The combat optics only have a very frontal viewpoint, not being able to turn to the sides due to protective metal coverings and the lack of being able to automatically turn the gun in any direction as they are not in control of the gun's operator.
  • When the optics happen across any enemy, the barrel of the rifle will shift in the slightest of degree and movements to aim directly onto the target which the optics caught onto. Once caught onto and aimed onto the target, the weapon can automatically vibrate against the gun operator's finger on the trigger to notify the user that the HAAS is locked onto a target and is ready and operational to fire. Though the HAAS has a much more effective way of utilizing its functionality in the gun. The system is toggleable between a 'Manual Fire' and 'Automatic Fire' mode for the HAAS. The manual fire sends a vibration to the trigger of the rifle. The automatic fire will automatically pull the metal trigger inwards to autonomously fire the gun onto an enemy instead of relying on user-integrated support. This function can, of course, be toggled on or off according to a user's preference.

------------------------------------------------
Strengths
  • HAAS Functionality
  • Long-distance Tracking and Targeting
  • Lock-on
  • Can be used for kinetic and/or laser weapons
Weaknesses
  • Heavily reliant on a connected device and will be useless without an operational device
  • Subservient AI system limits some capabilities of the system due to firewalls
  • Exclusively a military-grade tracking system for weapons
  • Cannot be used with heavy weapons (Snipers, Most Machine Guns, RPGS, Flamethrowers, etc)
  • Weak to ION and EMP weaponary, which, in line with the targeting system, can also make more mechanized weapons weak against EMP's
------------------------------------------------
DESCRIPTION
  • The Seleca Advanced Targeting and Tracking System or the SATTS is an advanced targeting system for use in weapons created by the GWS. The system itself can only exclusively be used for weapons, excluding a few heavier and bulkier weapon types that require more delicate targeting systems. Being based on the MFTAS and the MSTA, it takes very heavy inspiration from both of these military-grade systems and combines them effectively to full effect to allow maximum target acquisition for most forms of weaponry. What the SATTS has that other targeting systems do not have is the Hip-fire Aim Assistance System which greatly benefits weapon users by allowing them great accuracy even when not aiming through a scope whatsoever.

I really enjoyed reading this sub. Very thought out and cohesive all around. Just a few things that I want to make note, and I will pass this off.

Kraken Society said:
The HAAS system makes uses of somewhere between one to six small and minuscule electronic optical units that allows the weapon to pinpoint enemies. These military analyzer systems have a very small range of sight. If a circle were to be drawn on a piece of paper and the gun was represented as a straight line at the end of the circle, this line would only contain within its line of sight a thirty-degree angle. The combat optics only have a very frontal viewpoint, not being able to turn to the sides due to protective metal coverings and the lack of being able to automatically turn the gun in any direction as they are not in control of the gun's operator.
This here sounds like "Bloom" to me. It is a game mechanic where the first shot fired is directly in a straight line, but all subsequent shots are within a small area that is determined by the distance from the target that the weapon is. In real life, this can be contributed to MOA or Minute Of Angle, which is the direct measurement that you are so describing.

I am not asking for a clarification, nor am I asking you to change it, but if you would like to use those words to aid in the description, you may do so. Just lending a hand if you want more technical speak within your submissions. The following links go into a little bit more detail of what I mean, as they are just quick ones I have found. If you would like more information on this, I am more than willing to offer some.

One quick question for the weaknesses of this.

Kraken Society said:
Heavily reliant on a connected device and will be useless without an operational device Subservient AI system limits some capabilities of the system due to firewalls
With both of these mentioned, and being heavily tied to more electronic based connections, could you attach this to a rifle that previous had no connections to it such as a your analog Tusken sniper rifle, or does the weapon already have to have some form of systems on board? Secondary, is this weak to EMP/Ion based weapons as I assume this would link up with HUD systems you may have down the line?

[member="Kraken Society"],

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[member="Auberon"]

I honestly had no idea about the HAAS being similar to other more technical stuff, thank you for telling me. Here I was thinking I was being original. :lol:
If you could please link me some more information on that type of stuff it would be very welcomed.

No, you couldn't, at least...it wouldn't be viable. The rifle needs to have systems already on board to support this type of feature. I mean, sure, theoretically, you could add this system to a more rudimentary gun like a Tusken Raider rifle, though you would need to make countless modifications including rewiring and possibly redoing the entire electrical and firing mechanism to fit fully in line with this tracking/aiming system. Yeah, it would be weak to ION/EMP weapons, I'll add this to the list of weaknesses now.

[member="Kraken Society"],

That all sounds fine and dandy to me.

I currently don't have a lot of time on my hands as I am just doing some responses for Factory Subs right now. I will go ahead and approve your sub, and then send whatever links I have to you through a PM tomorrow when I get the time.

Otherwise, Enjoy your new shiny toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom