Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sekairo Reaper Armor MK-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
o9ejb5.jpg
Closest thing to the version I saw first that I could find.
Lady_Hawke_by_Jassie%20Lam.jpg
Image Source: Dragon Age {Concept/Fan Art}
Intent: To create a personal suit of armor for Ire'Rain Sekairo.
Development Thread: If necessary.
Manufacturer: Ire'Rain Sekairo/Panathan Empire
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Ire'Rain Sekairo
Modularity: N/A
Production: Unique
Material: Armorweave, Duraplast, Vibroblade parts, Wampa fur
Classification: Multipurpose {Anti-blaster, minor anti-lightsaber}
Weight: 12kg
Quality:
Armorweave:
  • Blaster: 6
  • Slugthrower: 3
  • Lightsaber: 3
  • General Melee: 5
Duraplast:
  • Blaster: 7
  • Slugthrower: 6
  • Lightsaber: 4
  • General Melee: 7
Special Features:
General:
Left Arm:
Right Arm:
Both Arms:
Description:

Strengths:
  • Partial resistance to EMPs and lightsaber strikes.
  • Lighter than some armors due to partial coverage (and lack of a left gauntlet)
  • Moderate protection of neck.
  • Weapons attached to the right gauntlet and both armguards.
Weaknesses:
  • No helmet
  • Repeated/hard lightsaber strikes can cut through both the armorweave and duraplast
  • No modifications available
  • Slug-throwers can tear through the armorweave portions.
For quite some time Ire'Rain Sekairo, one of Darth Vornskr's champions, has gotten by with little-to-no armor. However, after her hand was cut off by a Gen'Dai brute, she realized that needed to change. So the woman decided to work with her master's people so she could have a personal suit. Over a period of several months they worked out the design, function, and qualities of the armor, changing things to better suit her needs. Most of the suit is made of armorweave. Additional pieces of duraplast were placed on top to add another layer of protection. However, Ire desired a semi-light or at least flexible means of protection, so the duraplast was, for the most part, limited to essential/vulnerable areas. This included her chest, her back, the upper portions of her arms, her right hand (the left is already a prosthetic and didn't require reinforcing), both wrists, parts of her thighs, and her feet. Special 'toys' were added to the wrist and hand sections while the boots were extended for partial shin coverage. Since Ire was also found of keeping her head (something friends of hers had previously failed to do) a thick gorget was added to the armor. The front of this comes up at a hard angle while the back protrudes less. For 'style' wampa fur was sewn onto thin cloth and attached to the suit, acting as a sort of hood. Nothing else was placed to cover her head. As Ire said, she preferred to look her foes in the eyes when she killed them.

Other notes: While duraplast has been able to resist EMPs in the past, it's abilities to do so have understandably weakened with the improvement of said weapons. The armor's electrical components (such as the weapons in the wrists) will shut down if a medium-to-large EMP device is set off, or if a small one is set off right by the armor.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Ire'Rain Sekairo"]

Ire'Rain Sekairo said:

Material: Armorweave, Duraplast, Vibroblade parts, Wampa fur
Classification: Multipurpose {Anti-blaster, minor anti-lightsaber}
Weight: 12kg
Quality: 6

I need you to expand the quality rating of the submission to cover blaster, slugthrower, lightsaber, and melee attacks individually. I'm going to need separate defensive statistics for the armor plating and for the armorweave underlay.

Also, while I appreciate that duraplast is capable of being resistant to lightsabers and EMP effects, please keep in mind that these capabilities are toned down by not being on the list of restricted materials.
The level of resistance to lightsabers you choose for this submission may end with the submission requiring a development thread.

Ire'Rain Sekairo said:
o9ejb5.jpg
Closest thing to the version I saw first that I could find.
Lady_Hawke_by_Jassie%20Lam.jpg
Image Source: Original source unknown. The image has been in my image storage for almost a year, and I've edited it three or four times now. A bit of digging makes it seem like it came from Deviantart, but clicking on the link that shows up leads to another piece of art. Not sure where I found this to be honest.

This appears to be fan-art based, at least in part, on the following Concept Art for Dragon Age II.
dragon_age_ii_conceptart_k5Ou8.jpg

Please include "Dragons Age" in your Image source.

[member="War Hydra"]
I made the requested edits and added a small note about the EMP resistance. Sorry if anything seems off, I haven't used the factory in awhile. Hopefully the edits cleared things up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom