Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sehquids

1; DON’T LOOK AWAY
2; EYES OPEN

3; REMEMBER

f1fc8ad64b2dca87f2d2a731bc48b5e8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: For flavor in roleplay, a good “bad guy” to have in the background.
  • Image Credit: Mavros-Thanatos on Deviantart
  • Canon: No
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Illithids, The Silence
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Sehquids
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Unknown (see historical information)
  • Average Lifespan: 10 years (see historical information)
  • Estimated Population: Common (Can be found in most any space-worthy colony around the galaxy)- (estimated 2.7 Septillion members)
  • Description: Colorless, toothy, voracious, slimy, abhorrent, cunning, patient… lethal…
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: None (see historical information)
  • Average Height of Adults: 4.6 meters approximate
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: #DCD6D0. (Light Griege; a variable color that blends gray and beige)
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: They are all the same, down to the genetic scale. No two are different. It’s like they are clones of each other, even though that’s not the case. They have four digits on each limb, all of which are sharpened to a point. They are covered in a thin layer of transparent mucus, and have many tentacles on their backs. The number of tentacles is important! Keep them in mind!
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths:
  • Protective Membrane; Important! They have some kind of natural defense mechanism that allows them to be protected from undesirable conditions! Note: heat proves extremely effective at exposing the skin!
  • Telepathic oversight; They get at your brain, you won’t even remember what happened before they bite you. Note: this does not imply that they are particularly stealthy, only that you will not remember seeing them unless you are like me and have certain cybernetic implants in your brain. Important! Always check yourself in the mirror! If you find a bite, cut it out! Cut it out now! (See general behavior)
  • Sedative Venom; They bite. Hard. I feel woozy. I didn’t find any signs of lethal effects in the concoction. I’m gonna go lay down… Addendum: it seems they have a sort of venom that induces a state of lethargy and drowsiness. It is relatively harmless but be warned that it can cause serious damage to your brain(s) and heart(s) if enough of it is consumed. Synthesizing an antidote is trivial once the venom is studied.
  • Bidirectional regeneration; (see here) They can regrow into fully formed and fully functional individuals from severed limbs or chunks of their flesh.
Weaknesses:
  • Electromagnetic interferences; Good news! They can’t track me if they can’t think to each other! A small electromagnetic field proves useful in detaching an individual from the rest of the single-mind!
  • Unsuitable environments; They’re picky, very picky, you just need to evaporate their mucus! They can’t handle heat, they can’t handle cold, they hate electricity (I’ve used it for years for interrogation). Note: this only applies if their protective membrane is compromised.
  • Weak Extremities: they’ll split into bits really really easily! Important! Make sure to dispose of any unneeded detached members lest you be overrun by the Sehquids!
  • Slow; They’re not the fastest things around, watching a horde of them approaching me right now brings to mind those old zombie movies I watched as a youngling…
CULTURE
  • Diet: I have yet to observe any of them eating anything, I don’t know whether it’s because they would rather starve than tell me anything or if they just don’t need to eat. I’ll try asking “nicely” for the next one! Note: They bite. Hard. I feel woozy. I’m gonna lay down for an hour. Addendum: Psilocybin. They feed off Psilocybin. Also plasma from living organisms. They don’t need much to subsist on as my previous observations suggest that they can go months without needing any Psilocybin or plasma.
  • Communication: Telepathy; They get at your brain! They make it itchy! Note: Important! DO NOT ITCH!
  • Technology level: N/A (see historical information)
  • Religion/Beliefs: (see historical information)
  • General behavior: Bad mojo, real bad mojo. They won’t tell me what they want, but something tells me that whatever it is, it can’t be good for anyone. They seem to have two different methods of reproducing, one being regenerative reproduction, where in a severed chunk of any individual body can grow to form a new Sehquid, the other being embryonic injection, wherein they bite another being and inject a single embryo or larvae into the body. This process can last for several minutes before completion, though if their venom gets into your heart, you may not be able to fight back… Mind you, the embryo itself is usually harmless, at least until it grows into an adult Sehquid within the hour… Moving on, the Sehquids seem to have “one mind,” which presents a few different problems on our end of this discovery. How the hell am I gonna get a hive mind to forget about a member that’s trapped and being interrogated? Note: The one we have trapped seems to dislike the electromagnets we used yesterday, it didn’t seem painful, maybe this means something else?
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
I have one locked up right now, so far it seems agitated, my cybernetic implant seems to prevent me from losing the concept of their existence. Everyone else seems to forget we have a monster in our basement, a simple "do not enter" sign seems to ward the others off for now.
It seems to be social at least, we have interesting chats through the blast doors of the holding room.

[ Most galactic species will be quite old - include major events relevant to the species in how they evolved and developed into what they are today where appropriate. Including Chaos canon events, where they impacted the history of this species, is a plus. ]
The Sehquids are older than Coruscant's main star, they watched civilizations begin and end, they watched sentient life evolve into its own worst enemy, and now? They want it all to end. They spread themselves throughout the galaxy utilizing the technology of the other species, they spread far and wide, ensuring that no civilization could establish itself without the presence of corruption. They are the unseen hand, guiding the darkest evils to become the end of all civilizations.

Last edited:
Skellege Nauss Skellege Nauss

Hey there...These are mostly fine. Just a few notes:

1.) Skin Tone - No one (save me) is going to look up the color code. You can keep it but please note what it actually is.
You have: Light greige
Google States: Light grayish orange

2.) Keep in mind with these creatures that you cannot call hits. I understand that if they "bite" someone they have the possibility of "impregnating" them in an "Aliens-Esque" fashion and that they can affect their victims with telepathy but it is always up to the other writer whether any of these things take root or not. As long as we understand that, I can approve this.

Tag me when you're ready to take another look.

1.) Skin Tone - No one (save me) is going to look up the color code. You can keep it but please note what it actually is.

2.) Keep in mind with these creatures that you cannot call hits. I understand that if they "bite" someone they have the possibility of "impregnating" them in an "Aliens-Esque" fashion and that they can affect their victims with telepathy but it is always up to the other writer whether any of these things take root or not. As long as we understand that, I can approve this.

Tag me when you're ready to take another look.
Oh I'm nowhere near done with this one XD
And yes I understand that people can nerf them to their liking, I'm simply putting out a cool idea for people to use, if they want to.
Also, light greige is just a really really pale white with grey accents. I'll change it if pushed to.

2.) but it is always up to the other writer whether any of these things take root or not.
Ok, so after rereading this I can speak with knowingness.
The reason I chose to include the HEX# was that this entry was meant to feel like it was written by someone within the universe, who worked at some sort of facility. Again,I will change it if pushed.
As for getting these to attack people, that's only something I would do if someone agrees to do this kind of roleplay. At first I thought that this was about the fact that this is intended to be a non-playable race, though for some reason I still answered kinda correctly? Anywho, I am still not finished with this one yet, but I expect I could finish writing it in an evening, I simply couldn't be bothered at the time of first posting as I had found out that our family dog was now pushing up daisies. I will change a few key details to iron out the less fleshed-out mechanics as well.
Cordially, Azazel.

Ok, so after rereading this I can speak with knowingness.
The reason I chose to include the HEX# was that this entry was meant to feel like it was written by someone within the universe, who worked at some sort of facility. Again,I will change it if pushed.
As for getting these to attack people, that's only something I would do if someone agrees to do this kind of roleplay. At first I thought that this was about the fact that this is intended to be a non-playable race, though for some reason I still answered kinda correctly? Anywho, I am still not finished with this one yet, but I expect I could finish writing it in an evening, I simply couldn't be bothered at the time of first posting as I had found out that our family dog was now pushing up daisies. I will change a few key details to iron out the less fleshed-out mechanics as well.
Cordially, Azazel.

1.) Like I said - You can keep the Hex Code, that's fine, but believe me when I say one will know what "light greige" is. Members should be able to tell what a creature is at a glance from the submission.

2.) There are no "non-playable" species unless that species is "Unique" and there's only one in existence. Any species on SWRP Chaos can be played by any member of the community, so, it's important to make your intent clear so others don't misconstrue it. The "Non-Playable" tag that you initially put on the submission is old and not part of the current rule-set. All submissions arrive to the Live Judging are as "Unreviewed" until it is placed "Under Review" and or finally approved.

If a submission is "unfinished" it doesn't belong in the Live Judging area yet. You can use the Pre-Codex or the Pre-Factory as a creative sandbox for work-in-progress items and then post it here when you're ready. If it isn't complete, it doesn't belong in the Judging Area yet. Remember, you must make it clear that the creatures in the submission aren't intended to auto-hit.

I'm sorry to hear about your pet, however, as this is still WIP I'll move it to the Pre-Codex so that you can work on it when you have the time. You just edit the code, copy it, and re-paste it as a new post when it's complete.

I have addressed these issues, and will be working on the lore for a bit before I move this back to the live-judging page.

I'm sorry to hear about your pet, however, as this is still WIP I'll move it to the Pre-Codex so that you can work on it when you have the time. You just edit the code, copy it, and re-paste it as a new post when it's complete.
No I only meant that I needed some time was all, but if you think it needs to be moved then I am willing to work with you until this is ready for judging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom