Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seen Better Days

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Narbo"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="HK-36"]

The facility was quiet, full of dust, and almost pitch black. It was like an old mineshaft, with porcelain white walls, cold tiles and ceiling. The place hadn't been touched in over 800 years, recent discoveries of the building plans for the underground facility were found in the public, and crews were soon paid to unearth it, and to see what laid inside. Really, anything could be down there. Hostile droids that got stuck in the war, caches of weapons and medical supplies fit for a small army, although the plans did have odd and obscure areas where it was identified to having more power drain or large pipes for... Liquids? These pipes never connected to any known water lines; today, or in the clone wars. More like they ran towards something near the back of the facility, possibly where vats and labs were.

The facility ran like a long and awkward rectangle. A single floor, but it would take almost half an hour to walk the whole thing. Near the entrance, crates were laid about with your average medical supplies, like first aid kits. Some crates held office and lab supplies; beakers and terminals. The facility seemed like it was still being moved into when it was caved in, but the rest of the crates and the hall looked like a war went through it. Some rooms were settled into, while some empty and barren. What remained to be discovered, was left to any treasure hunters.

Have fun looking around, find a canon weapon or two or something; common items. If you feel ready, walk towards the blinking light deep, deep in the facility. You can kind of see some feint blink about a mile in. I'll make the post about Vixleys body

You'll need some sort of flash lights!

The Reaper of Won Shasot
An echo resounded through the halls as Dax's boots contacted the floor as he dropped from the ceiling. He waved his hand before his face as Dax floated upwards around him. "Phrik...this plcae hasn't seen a maid in a while huh?" he said to himself. The long grey halls were interrupted by rubble or knocked over equipment. The ancient tunnels offered little light, only darker shadows gave Dax any hint of where the rubble lay. Drawing his saber he activated it, the glowing orange blade suddenly illuminating the entire tunnel with a shrill scream.

Dax looked to his left then his right. With a shrug he picked a random direction and began to walk. He slashed his saber along the wall in an "X" shape as he went, marking his path behind him so he could find a way out.

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="Narbo"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="HK-36"]

Des stalked through the rubble strewn halls. His years as a burglar had taught him to be naturally stealthy, but his armor had to make up for his lack of finesse. Though only because he couldn't quiet take the mission seriously. The Alliance had told him the place could be some sort of trap, but Des knew an abandoned cache of weapons when he saw it. He held a hand out like a gun and pretended to be the spy he really was. He was still getting used to the idea. Special agent Des. Yeah he was special alright.

He turned another corner and held up his finger gun as he shot another bad guy. "Pew, Pew Pateesa," he said in his best bad cop voice. He was getting hungry, not too mention bored; so he decided to take a lunch break. His fourth one today.

He plopped down on a crate full of old mines and withdrew a brown paper sack from his bag. Four square meals and I get payed to mess around, not bad. Des thought as he peeled open the lunch sack.

"Awe Feth! Gundark pastrami again," Disappointed about the MRE Des got he threw it to the floor. Let the rats have it. He had plenty more. He had been stealing from the mess and hadn't been caught yet, so he wasn't complaining. He pulled another from his bag.

"Doschani flat cakes. Mmm,"

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Narbo"] [member="Michael Stanford"] [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Desmond C'artyom"],

Behind Desmond a pair of glowing crimson eyes would appear as the cloaking field from his chameleon cloak dispersed, revealing a humanoid shape obscured by the black material.

"Are you seriously swiping things from GA's cafeterias?"

The droid asked as he cast his cloak aside, revealing the large gangly silver Phrik body,

"I should pistol whip the idiot out of you."

His broken eye has been replaced and any blemishes caused by the battle on Atrisia repaired, he had tendency of bouncing back rather quickly from even the most grievous injuries, a rather useful talent in the Galaxy filled with Sith, Vong, and other horrors.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="HK-36"]

Unfortunately, for Dax, he had headed down the way to the original front entrance of the facility, had jumped in from an opening in the ceiling close by. As he approached, it was a single, large and wide, pressurized door. Perhaps this facility was to have its own pressure, or type of air. Sterilized? But why the need for a pressure door? Either way, the door was off its hinges, lying on the ground. The hole for the door crammed full of debris; supports, earth, rocks, wall panels, it was unable to be seen through. Nearby, it looked like there were podiums and devices made for... Scanning? ID's, facial, ocular, or otherwise, it was unknown. Perhaps a checkpoint. Nearby, a fusebox on the wall. Dented, but out of commission, there was no jerry-rigging of any systems even to just bring the lights on.

Once Dax turned around and headed for the opposite side of the facility, he would soon run into the other two. They were beyond where Dax entered, but only a slightly longer walk than it took from beyond the vent opening to the original entrance. A little while longer, and they would come across cloning vats. Not the vats on the design plans, but they'd soon figure out what was in them.

Several were cracked or smashed. One had a skeleton, but the next, was still stable. There was someone, or something inside of it. The vat was running on minimum power, only serving oxygen to the occupant. The liquid from the vats were strewn across, not dried up... Someone with knowledge would figure out it was kolto. Someone who wasn't, would think it similar to Bacta. But when the group would arrive, and take a closer look at the intact vat, they would notice the occupant dead. The vat was still running, all this time, keeping the flesh from deteriorating, but the occupant had unknowingly starved to death in their slumber. Controls were still active; flush and exit occupant and liquid, shutdown the vat, or turn on the internal light.

Beyond that, would be a feint blinking light

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax would look up at the large filled in gap, left behind by whoever had once occupied the place. Dax guessed the huge door had been blown off ts hinges, the roof collapsing soon there after. He considered using the Force to move the debris. But it'd be too taxing. There was nothing here.

Dax turned around and continued down the hall again. He could here a mechanical voice around the next corner. Well there was certainly no way they hadn't already heard the hum of his saber. Dax simply walked into the room. He was surprised to find a Chiss and some droid conversing, "Am I interrupting your lunch?"

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="HK-36"]

Des jumped out of his seat when HK seemingly appeared out of no where. "By the force you scared the poodoo out of me!"

Are you seriously swiping things from GAs cafeteria? I should pistol whip the idiot out of you!"

Des shrugged. "I liberated the food in the name of the alliance! That chef is Palpatine reincarnate! That warty old hag always gives me the Taun Taun stew. I hate Taun Taun and she knows it! Besides if you whipped the idiot out of me who would make you look so smart?" Des replied enthusiastically.

This is the first time he and HK had been in the same room without the droid trying to shoot him. An acomplishment by Des's standards.

Then a dull hum could be heard in the distance. "What the khark was that," he whispered as he withdrew his pistol. A jedi rounded the corner and Des relaxed.

"Interupting your lunch?"

"Phew, nah. You with the new jedi order?" Des asked causally, atempting to strike a nonchalant pose. He hadn't met any jedi before and wanted to look good...

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="HK-36"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax's saber hissed as the blade retracted, the glow not needed in the dimly lit room. "No...not anymore. The Underground these days. Guessing you guys are Republic men?" Dax guessed. To be homest there wasn't much to indicate that either were with the Republic. But, they hadn't shot him yet, which meant they weren't Sith or Mandolorians.

The Jedi eased himself onto one of the larger pieces of rubble making himself comfortable. It wasn't exactly like they would be attacked anyways. The chiss's apparent relaxed demeanor seemed a good sign. He wasn't the jittery type who might accidently shoot him.

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Desmond C'artyom"],

"You are not a rogue anymore, next time try to reign in your basic urges, the Alliance may not look too kindly on you 'liberating' their supplies considering your past and that you are still on trial period."

The droid turned his head at the hum of the lightsaber and took the hilt of his own energy weapon,

"That is the sound of a lightsaber,"

He informed Desmond,

[member="Dax Fyre"],

As Dax turned the corner and met up with them, the droid restrained from activating his lightsaber, although kept it in his hands, he recognized that the Underground were one of the organizations Alliance was on friendly terms,

"First of all we are not men, one of us does not have testicles-"

HK paused, glancing to Desmond,

"-and I am a droid. We are with the Galactic Alliance, Republic sides with the Sith nowadays. I was sent here by the New Jedi Order, my colleague has been assigned by the armed forces division on the other hand."

It would be probably better for them not to mention that Desmond was an agent with the SAS just yet. HK nodded towards Dax,

"What brings the Underground all the way out here?"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
At the the vague mention of possible castration Dax's mouth opened slightly, confused and about to ask a question. Then he thought better of it, shut his mouth and shook his head saying, "I'm...not going to question that..."

The droid's answer was half expected by the Knight. Alliance, Republic. They were almost synomonous these days. "Here for myself actually. Heard there was an old underground base that got cracked open, thought I'd come check it out. But I mean, if I find anything useful for the Outback." he shrugged. It was implied that whatever he found would be contributing to the Outback, either through donation or Dax himself using it.

"What's the Alliance want with the slag heap anyways? Or the Jedi. Can't imagine you guys need anything down here."

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

HK's remark flew right over Desmond's head. He simply didn't get it all. Desmond sat back down atop the old chest filled with mines and withdrew his lunch. He took another bite of his flat cakes then regarded the force user once more. "Well, we're here to make sure their isn't any danger to the public," Des said with a mouthful of food, spraying chunks of the meal everywhere. As Desmond finally finished his sandwich he stood back up and took a look around. Nothing truly out of the ordinary. No death machines or rogue battle droids. Not even a scavenger trying to make a claim...

Then his red optics picked up something in the distance. A glowing red light, that seemed to be beeping. "What the khark is that?" Des withdrew his gun then cautiously made his way to the blinking light. He stopped right in front of it and kicked it. "Well it's not a mine!" He called out to the others.

[member="HK-36"], [member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax walked over to the red blinking light. Igniting his saber he looked closer at the light. "Guys I think this is a...a synth?". Dax began to lift the large stone covering the droid with the Force, pushing it aside.

Beneath the battered and burnt body of synth lay there. It hadn't rotted like an organic would have.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="HK-36"]

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="HK-36"]

As the three approached, one stumbled over a helmet. It looked Mandalorian. Upon further inspection of the body, it almost looked human, but bits of metal were exposed in his face and the red blinking was coming from his neck,which made it look like a Human Replica Droid, since Synthdroids were so extremely rare.

The helmet seemed to match the mans armor, which he seemed to be wearing.

There was a heavy pipe that seemed to have hit his face, maybe the cause of the scorched/melted face, but over time it slid from his face and pressed on his neck. It was far too heavy for any ordinary humanoid to lift, and it was holding this synthdroid down. There was also other debri and support beams laying on him.

His neck was exposed to the group, baring his blinking light just under the skin.

HK-36

[member="Michael Stanford"], [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"],

"A battle took place on this planet during the Operation Knightfall, or Jedi Purge as some know it, back in the days of Ancient Republic, I was sent here to recover any relics related to the Order that could still be hidden in these ruins."

The droid explained, as he spoke he came up to the cloning vat containing a corpse, pressing a button he would void the contents, freeing the preserved body so that it could be examined and hopefully identified by him while the other two went to the HRD laying further away,

"It is called a Human Replica Droid, do not call them synths, how would you feel for me to call organics 'orgies'?"

The droid looked to the other mechanical being being uncovered by Dax and Chiss,

"That particular model relayed on a slave processing unit controlled by a central control unit rather than his own droid brain. If you could find the central processing station and re-activate it you could probably restart him, their cognitive processes were done remotely for perpetual back-ups and greater control over the droids."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax groaned as he felt the wet fluids of a nearby vat get expelled onto the floor. He looked at the preserved corpse that now lay on the ground. Poor guy thought he was gonna live I guess.

Dax snickered. the serious mood suddenly broken, at the other droids comment about calling humans "orgies." That would definitely make some people blush. Finally the last piece that pinned the machine to the ground was removed. "What about this red blinking light?" Dax asked, "Red blinking lights are usually a bad sign."

[member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Michael Stanford"]

HK-36

[member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Vixley CM-01"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"],

"Oh for feth's sake, stop being a baby and just press it!"

HK called out to Dax as he asked about the blinking light,

"These droids were not manufactured with inner explosives, nobody would have a reason to booby trap it so obviously, and if it was its inner power source going critical, it would have blown long time ago. It is probably just its redundant data bank signaling for someone to engage its emergency memory restoration. What little redundant memory it has at least, like I said before, these models dependent on central computer units, without connection to it the droid probably has little to no memories or is dumb as a pile of Sith."

As HK spoke he reached down to the clone cadaver, grabbing it by the hair to hoists it up by its head and tilt it back to have a look at the clone corpse's face and scan it for any identification the droid could find in its extensive data banks on similar facial structures, maybe he would be able to identify who it was cloned from, or if it was one of the Jango clones from the days of Old Republic.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax shrugged, "Alright droid...but if you're wrong and we die I'm going to scrap you.". He watched as the Hunter Killer droid scanned the face of the 'Human Replica Droid'.

As he waited he drew his slugthrower and racked the slide, catching the round that was ejected. Just in case the droid turned out hostile..."I'm powering him up." and with that Dax pressed the little red button.

[member="Vixley CM-01"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Desmond C'artyom hid behind a pile of crates as Dax began to press the button. He peaked his head over and observed the rubble strewn room "Did you guys blow up!" He asked through slitted fingers. He began to wonder about what HK had said about units being fitted with explosive core's as he wondered out from behind the boxes. "Say HK-36 pal. You're not explosive right?" He threw a punch at the droid like they were old friends.

[member="Vixley CM-01"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Dax Fyre"]
(OOC: Sorry, completely forgot about this one!)

[member="HK-36"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

After Dax pressed the buttton, there was only silence. The light stopped blinking, but nothing happened... At least for a few seconds. Some whirring, like machinery started up inside. It wasn't overly loud, but enough to be heard. This was obviously not normal, and probably due to internal damage. It took a few more seconds for the droid to boot up, but eventually, his eyes opened.

His eyes darted around and looked at the individuals before him, scanning them with his limited ocular scanners.

"Hello?"

A distorted and mechanical voice whispered. The droid stopped, ignoring the individuals for a moment as internal repairs were made.

"Hello? Are you the rescue team?" a much better humanlike synthetic voice could now be heard. He slowly attempted to stand, struggling all the while in his bulky armor. "Designa-na-na," he spoke with a common machine stutter, having a memory issue. "Designation; Combat Medic Zero-One. Title; Vixley. Further memory lost or corrupted. I was in the last stages of becoming se-se-self operable. My main termina-na-nal is..." Vixley froze as some memories came to him. "The Doctor... We were under attack, the droids... Did you stop them? Where is the doctor, did he escape?"

[member="HK-36"]

The clone held no significant markings or visual data, except it did not have any injuries or ilnesses prior to entering the tank. If HK had anything medical-related in his scanners, it would show the body was young, only a couple years, excluding the real-time, the Kolto tank preserving it as it was. Other than that, the body appeared to be in his mid-thirties, but the skin wasn't aged at all.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax listened as the droid began to power up, a few tense moments as he wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad sign. Finally the droid powered up and spoke. "Where is the Doctor, did he escape."

Dax looked at [member="Desmond C'artyom"], then to @HK-36. "Uh...Vixley right. When were you manufactured?". He made a gesture towards the Hunter Killer droid, hoping he'd figure out what Dax was trying to say. Find anything you can about the doctors here

[member="Vixley CM-01"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom