Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Council from a Grumpy Old Person (Dagobah)

[member="Kiara"]

The witch was unsure of what corruption she meant. But, she inspected the wood for pieces that may have had fungus or anything that might be poisonous to breathe if set a flame. Using the pure pieces, she placed them on the ground. She drew back a couple pieces, using them to create friction and heat until there was a small fire going. She leaned down to the embers, blowing gentle on them to fuel them a little more until the fire was moderate.

Allara looked around for her vase, finding it filled with rainwater. She lifted it with the Force, and levitating it carefully over the infant flame, trying not to dump her water or otherwise snuff out the fire. She stared, focused on the task. She threw the pieces she used to create friction into the fire to further fuel the flame.

[member="Allara Ven"]

Two steady eyes watched the vase carefully, but Kiara mostly left her alone as the vase grew hot - and perhaps would break as vases were not supposed to be used that way. She sat down and watched none-the-less, waiting for that moment to come where a new opportunity would strike.

[member="Kiara"]

As soon as she heard the water start to hiss, and see it steam and bubble, she removed it from the fire. "To purify water with fire, one must always boil it .The heat kills illness." She set the vase on the ground, a healthy wisp of steam drifting into the air from the vessel.

[member="Allara Ven"]

"Sure you may have thought you cleaned the water, but what have you done to your vase, the vase you have created out or nothing but nature itself?" Kiara crossed her arms. Her vases hardly ever had burn marks on the bottom, and this "student" already was ruining away her first one.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara hissed and cursed herself. "I know not otherwise. Simply putting over the flame with the Force would kill the flame. And I have no steel to make a pot from." She was exasperated by this particular lesson.

[member="Allara Ven"]

"That is why we have guidance." Kiara slowly lifted a heavy rock from the side and dropped it into the fire, then two more after. She cradled her own vase over and put it a decent size away from the flames. "You are not strong enough to do it all on your own. These guides will help you cleanse your water, this time, without hurting your vase."

[member="Kiara"]

Allara followed suit of her teacher, nodding and lifting stones from the ground, and placing them into the fire. This allowed the stones to warm up like a ceramic pot. She piled more on there into a pillar that radiated heat, but was far from the flames. She placed her vase above this, levitating over the heated stone. Her water started to bubble and boil again, purifying the water of illness and whatever parasites that could swim in it. She watched the steam rise from it.

[member="Allara Ven"]

Again she watched the student, then carefully used two sticks to pick up one heated rock, and drop it into her own vase, bursting into rapid boiling without warning, and soon cooling. She carefully fished it out, then snatched yet another, repeating the process. "Not every guide can do the same things, and most won't. It's up to you to choose what benefits you and your water the most."

She stood up after her presentation, gently tapping around her metal staff as her eyes darted about for no apparent reason.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara nodded and watched her vase for a few minutes. After a little bit, she removed the vase from the heat, settling it down on the ground to cool. She looked up at the woman, curiosity piquing. "Is everything alright?" She asked, making Raksha alert and careful. The sudden erratic nature of the hermit made her wary of what was going to come next.

[member="Allara Ven"]

She stayed quiet and silent for a good long while, then shook her head and quickly made haste to her dirt hut. "Come along, if you have your clothes still, rush to find them." Her little legs, that much for a small little hermit, rapidly made speed to her house.

Something was coming, something big and deadly in the Force.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara nodded and moved quickly. She gathered up the clothes she came with, still folded but a tad wet from the rain. She darted with the hermit to the hut. She, too, felt something sending tremors in the Force. Something large and fierce. "What, by the Force, is that?" Even Raksha was displaying some form of animalistic sense of fear, hissing dangerously.

[member="Allara Ven"]

Kiara stopped in her hut and stared at Allara, then shook her head and pressed a few buttons on her makeshift desk, while grabbing her holopad and an ancient piloting helmet. Before their eyes, the ground sunk into the dirt and, soon in place of the walls, was a long elevator of various metals trailing downwards. "I don't know. It's not going to get me though," she commented. The journey came to a stop in that little sentence, and the above layer of the elevator still shown the roof of the hut...

Nearly a hundred meters away. At the landing site, the only thing out of place was the giant dirt floor they just took with them, connected to a few stumps, however everything else was either tacked or built into the wall above. The scene was something that of a science holoreading, a small platform of white and dim shining light, showing various holopads and tech boxes laying around a large ship - one that wasn't visible in the dim light quite yet.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara followed the old woman down into the self made bunker she had apparently built underneath her small hut. She felt rather wary about whatever lurked above them. She looked around, however, more at the technology. She was very fascinated by it when she saw it.

“By the Force!” She mused with a large smile, “Some of this stuff is before the Gulag plague. How did you manage to find all of this archaic technology? I mean that as a compliment. Some of the greatest secrets can be revealed from the past.”

She stood there and waited out the disturbance with her new mentor. She was unsure of what to do next, simply learning to follow the old sage in whatever task was given to her.

[member="Allara Ven"]

Kiara simply shrugged to the amusement, heading to the large ship. After quickly entering a code, the ship doors slid open and she walked into the roomy interior. The ship's type - was still quite unknown, even from the inside. It looked to be something of royalty would own, mark the occasional rich looking cups and sets of furniture.

"Right, right. We will have to put a hold on your training. Now where is your ship? I can fly you there, and then you will leave until a further date." Heading quickly to the control panel, she began to start it up for a quick take-off, nothing of importance to the pressurizer's or such further.

[member="Kiara"]

The young witch looked rather concerned as Kiara mentioned staving off her training as she talked about the ship. “So soon? I have only been here two days on Dagobah. Why?” She looked a bit saddened at this revelation. But either way, she gave in. She pointed to area where her junky old A-Wing was. She was sure the old woman was having a good reason to this.

Why not come with me?” She asked, “I am sure the Awoken would be open to a wise woman like you.”

She was also starting to question if this was yet another test in her training. Dozens of other thoughts were running through her head as the situation unfolded.

[member="Allara Ven"]

Instantly the woman scoffed and shook her head. The Awoken. What other names would they come up with for factions? She wasn't sure if she had any items from that particular one, besides a single tea cup somewhere on this ship. "Wise? I am not wise, I just live alone and act tough so I don't get eaten by the creatures." The ship hovered with near perfect elevation and started for the A-wing without hesitation, over the trees.

She turned to look at her student with a small scowl on her face. "Besides, what fun would it be if I gave up being myself? I would be a stranger, a slave to a faction I hardly care about. If I'm going to be a slave for something, I would like for it to be worth something."

Landing the ship near the A-wing, the hanger door opened up so she may escape with a small jump. It was a test.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara looked at the A-Wing carefully, but remained stubborn, standing there in front of the old woman with rebellious blue eyes. “No. I did not fly all the way out to Dagobah to be pushed away the minute some lumbering beast interrupts the mood.”

She kept her stance very erect, as if she was not going to move single muscle. “As far as I am concerned, we can continue as soon as that creature shuffles off to another area.” She walked further back inside of the ship. She also looked with a bit of suspicion at her teacher. Her lessons thus far have not been so obvious. This creature may have been some ploy by Kiara to drive her off of Dagobah. There may as well not even be a real creature, as she noticed from the first time she met Kiara that the short old sage was good with technology. The beast may have well been false sounds and special effects.

[member="Allara Ven"]

A threatening scowl filled Kiara's face. She stood up, radiating a terrible dark Force off her body. With her staff going in hand, she rose from her seat and stepped forward, knocking it back only to turn on auto-pilot. No sooner as she did, the doors shut and the pressure began to regulate itself as the ship hummed loudly. Such a familiar sound could only be the hyperdrive loading up.

"You take me as a fool, young witch. I do not take kindly to such actions!" She said in a dangerous tone, raising her staff above her head, and throwing it forward at Allara with support of her own personal force teachings. It was almost like she had an enchantment of strength on her body.

[member="Kiara"]

Allara was only just able to react quick enough to stop the staff from hitting her, tossing it back to the teacher with Force. Her own, blue eyes shift into orange-red. The sudden attack from the old woman had touched upon some anger in her. “What on Korriban is your problem?!” She hissed. She lifted Raksha into a defensive position. Her eyes slowly receded back into their normal, baby blues.

“I do not take you as a fool. Stubborn. Unorthodox.” She said, backing up slowly, “But never a fool. I would never seek out a fool. Not with what I seek.”

She heard the hyperdrive starting to power up. “And I hope you realize you’ve turned on your ship’s hyperspace engine.” She was unsure of the woman’s clarity of thought, “Though to wear, I am unsure.”

[member="Allara Ven"]
"Perhaps you have sought out just someone who has killed your teacher." The woman said, pressing forward with a single foot to launch herself into a jump at Allara again, this time swinging her staff like a sword for her side. She was still shaken up from the Force push, not having been used in that way for so long.

"Perhaps, I wish to kill myself and a subject of innocence one last time!" The ship was only a second away from lurching forward - and the thin light streaks of white lights were only that mere second away from shining themselves brightly through the viewport. What had gotten into the woman - was quite unsure right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom