Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeing Star [The Merc who Needs Phrik]

[member="Stardust"]

When it came down to it, Rendili was very protective of its valuable resources. Of which, let's face it, were aplenty on the rather prestigious world of the Inner Rim. With its own source of natural Tibanna Gas along with deposits of phrik that run through several mountain ranges the planet was sitting on its own gold mine. However, due to the finite nature of metals, like phrik, its access was highly restricted of course. In that capacity Rendili would ensure its supply of the precious material did not dwindle rapidly or needlessly. The Arch-Provost had seen to its care and oversight, and now Camellia Swift did the same. As the head of Rendili Stardrive, the founding shipwright the world had given birth to so long ago, and the position of governor that was granted such authority by the Sith who conquered the planet, Camellia was intent to see her world prosper which meant the careful control of such limited metals.

All applicants for the material had to go through her for that reason. So long as they could prove they could pay the price as well as weren't asking for too much. The Rendili woman wanted to make sure the material wasn't making its way into the hands of criminal types or some rookiee going to get themselves killed anyway. Still, she wasn't entirely certain who the upcoming meeting with was. A number of titles, but nothing that seemed to indicate any trouble. the world she was listed from wasn't Republic either so the Sith wouldn't have an issue with the either then. She didn't want to get in trouble and have backlash on her homeworld, but it wasn't like she had an entire galactic faction's array of information networks.

Not to say she had none either, but really even as big as they were Rendili wasn't spying on every little thing. Most of it was corporate espionage. A business was more concerned about competitors and keeping ahead in the market rather than with matters of secret agents. So tabbing her comm unit on her desk, Camellia flicked her tail as she had her aide ready for a certain Twi'lek's arrival. "Let my next appointment in when you see her. I'm ready whenever she arrives."

Another day more money spent on some type of war...course that was her job as a merc turned soldier...however she still carried the title Merc because the money was great and got to see lots of things...course she didn't need the money from the jobs she was rich but didn't mean she'd just quit the jobs and live off that not yet

And that is why she had arrived on rendii... because she needed some armor from the person she had set up a appointment with...this was some good stuff two as good as what she wore however it had thing that were...better...and she needed that for her merrily band of brothers and sisters

Upon entering the building he was immediately led to a office and let in...the 6'5 twilek looked around before she bowed"I am stardust c rider I assume your the person I am to meet I hope.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Stardust"]

When the Twi'lek entered her office, Camellia motioned to the chair ahead of her desk for the green skinned woman to sit down. "It's nice to meet you Ms. Stardust. Welcome to Rendili, I hope you had a nice trip. Like the view of the planet from here? Our shipyards might not resemble Kuat or Mon Calamari, but I believe we have our own charm." It wasn't often the Rendili woman met a girl taller than herself, even if it was only by a few inches. Nonetheless her ears twitched as she hid a glance since it was a point of pride of hers to be as tall as she was herself. Still, she put her pity party aside as she brought up her datapad to bring up the status of phrik mines on her homeworld's surface. "Anyway, I believe you were requesting sets of Rendili's elite phrik armor. Correct? If I could just cover a few questions we can be on our way to visit a dig site where you can even watch the team draw out the ore for the suits."

She took a seat and used the force to scoot herself up as she looked to her with a smile"oh the trio was amazing and the view was fantastic definitely a good view among many I've seen"she said as she could see this person was definitely different from what should had seen before...a tail and ears both resembling a cat....you do see new things every day I guess"ah yes the elite phrik armor that is what I came to see about, of course of course I'm happy to get straight to business with these questions fire away

[member="Stardust"]

Before firing off questions, the Rendili woman bit her lip actually since she felt like she was making the other woman feel rushed. It wasn't her intention to leave a client feeling like they were just an item to get through. "I'm sorry if it feels like we're moving along too fast. If you want any refreshments feel free to say so anytime and I'll send my aide to take care of it. I simply want to make sure you're satisfied with the product. My questions for you revolve mostly around the fact you currently reside Imahalyen correct and are working as a mercenary? I honestly just want to confirm your background moving forward. If the information is correct then, feel free to ask any questions of your own about the armor in question. Battlemaster Armor is a masterwork I believe, however, we can make adjustments you feel are necessary."

Once she had a feel of what Stardust was looking for she'd ask the Twi'lek how many sets of the armor she was interested in. then they could go planetside and watch the phrik be dug up.

Oh no worry's at all I understand once you get in that business mind it just happens believe me I own a company myself and man you just get to caught up"she said with a laugh before nodding"queen of imahaylen in fact and yes a part time Merc workimg...proably don't need to but hey merc life is fun "she said then looked at her"actually got any nabooian wine? Or the planets local drink?

[member="Stardust"]

Nodding to the green skinned woman, Camellia reached to activate her comm console so her aide could get to work. "Please bring Ms. Stardust a bottle of our Naboo brand. . . .I recently brought some back from a trip you see." Saying the last to the twi'lek across from her, the Rendili woman wondered how the rest of the Imahalyen government felt about their Queen doing dangerous mercenary work. "Fun sure, but a safety hazard. I suppose phrik combat armor reduces the risk so I can understand why you would want to purchase a few sets. I don't know if that would bring down the deductible on your life insurance though, which I assume is through the roof in your line of work." Chuckling as the door opened and her secretary carted in a bottle of fine Naboo brandy while also providing each woman a glass of water, Camellia took a sip as she offered a flimsiplast sheet to Stardust detailing the full components of the Battlemaster Armor set.

Ahhhh wise choice I have that stuff imported tho I do enjoy my people's drinks not as strong yet they do carry some fire"she said as she gave again before she spoke again"hahah my life insurance is the guns I carry and the armor on me along with the force"she said proudly as she watched the cart be pushed in before she smiled as she bowed her head and poured herself a glass as she took he sheet and looked at it"hmmm not bad looking will have to be modified to fit me maybe get something for my lekku

[member="Stardust"]

Yes they would have to make adjustments for the Lekku, but that wouldn't be too difficult. "We can make the adjustments. We'll repurpose the helmet's shape is all. You might have noticed that the people of Rendili aren't exactly human themselves, so for our security division their helmets have had to reflect their ears and tail like my own. Making adjustments for your Lekku won't be too much of a stretch and each suit is properly form fitted. Its a rare material so we make each armor set per individual so it'll fit you like the finest dress. We'll also accommodate for anyone else you're purchasing the armor for. Just let us know how many sets to prepare and their measurements so we can appropriately make their armor."

Ah that is perfect to here glad such accommodation can be made for me and I'll just need five sets is all"she said as she took a sip again"and yes I noticed another species that I have not seen course I iant surprised seems more and more species are found each day!

[member="Stardust"]

Just the five then, well that made things a lot easier. It wasn't a big order so as long as the price could be afforded there really wasn't much issue beyond sending the workers in the refinery the measurements of each client. "Or created. You haven't been to Rendili for a while if you've never seen my type before. Well you'll get to see a lot more when we get to the dig site, nearly everyone on Rendili is the same as myself. Speaking of, if its just a few sets of armor, we can go down right now then to check out the mine and have a team meet us there to grab some ore. Along the way you can let me know if you want any additional features that aren't standard in your set. How does that sound?"

She smiled as she nodded"I noticed a little bit when I had arrived course I got lots of stares because well my height is not normal twilek size"she said and chuckled"and that sounds perfect maybe I can ask where the good food is at after this "she said

[member="Stardust"]

"I think you're just unusually tall for any race of humanoid. I mean I'm not small either, but you're even taller than I am." At 6'3" the Rendili woman certainly was unused to looking up at someone. Nonetheless, it wasn't like she held it against the Twi'lek that she was taller. Not at all. . . .it didn't bother her at all. . . . .at least not enough to make a fuss, but maybe it bugged her a little. Regardless, Camellia put her grudge aside as she stood from her chair and moved to the door, thumbing the panel open as she motioned for the other woman to follow her. "Let's head to the shuttle bay and head planetside then. We can head down to the mine as we are, my aide will get a team to prepare for clearing a vein for your armor sets."

Well....when you life revolves around the war and your friends come from there...you do stuff...I used to be like...5'8...long story"she said as she waited till she passed nad stood to follow behind her with. A friendly smile "indeed I can't wait to see the beautiful planet

[member="Stardust"]

How did being in a war result in someone becoming. . . . you know what on second thought Camellia didn't want to know as she tried not to overthink whatever it was that the Twi'lek beside her was referring to. "Well most people say Rendili is standard and its true. It doesn't measure up to worlds such as Naboo which is known for its beauty. However, I guess its got a lot more going on than farmland like Dantooine, or pure water like Dac, or even the entirely desert Tatooine. Certainly a sight better than Brokellia nowadays and Kuat. Kuat's pollution is terrible, we may be their chief competitor in ship construction, but we take far better care of our world."

Entering the hangar for the shuttles that went to and from the station to the planet below, Camellia moved straight toward one whose pilots were just climbing inside after waving her over. "Nonetheless you'll get a good view on the way down. The mountains are very lovely against the horizon."

Ahhh naboo is actually where I was born as a matter of fact I have a home there for when I'm in the sector awhile"she said as she listened and nodded to her words"I comsider any place a beauty because it has some type of beauty even tatoonie and dantoonie have a odd beauty

[member="Stardust"]

As the shuttle lifted off and exited the hangar, the Rendili woman actually found herself surprised when the Twi'lek mentioned she had been born on Baoo of all places. Once they were outside the station and making their way planetside she couldn't help but ask the question that came to mind. "Do you maybe know Lady Cardei or the Queen then? I recently met with a number of Naboo's officials as of late so I was just wondering if perhaps you have some affiliation? Perhaps next time we could all share some tea on Naboo if so." Still, Camellia wasn't sure anything could convince her that Tatooine held any beauty. She didn't have to go there to know its reputation. Plus pictures told enough of a story for the landscape. "I could consider Dantooine nice since its plains can be gorgeous in the right light, but the Kinrath and Kath Hounds ruin the image." Looking out the viewport of the shuttle as they started entering atmosphere, the Rendili woman figured they would be able to see the mountains where the mines were located in about five minutes.

She smiled as she sat down gently and smiled again as she felt the ship loft off and head out as she looked the the rendii woman and smiled"actually no I have not usually stayed away from the city in a nice small house occasionally going for wine and spirits as well as a nice restraunt"she said and smiled again"well some places have a odd beauty...you just have to explore

[member="Stardust"]

Looking out over the sky once they passed into the planet's atmosphere, Camellia nodded as she listened to the other woman while enjoying the view. "Well I suppose maybe I could introduce you to them sometime. It might be helpful to you since you have a home away from home there." Seeing the tiny peaks of the mountains in the distance, the Rendili woman moved to check with the pilots if the dig team was in position. Which they were she discovered, already moving their equipment into the mine even. All they would be waiting on would be for Stardust to pick whichever vein she wanted them to extract the phrik from.

"Well plenty of exploring in the mine for whichever vein you want the ore from." As they approached though, the Rendili woman half wondered why she bothered with the whole charade. It wasn't like letting clients pick the vein for the ore amounted to anything.

I wouldn't mind that I've been wanting to I guess half involve myself in the politics only politics I've had is my own planet and heavens can people be so indecisive about what to do"she said as she looked at and blinked as she took a pivtur with a smile and nodded before she looked over to her"oh me pick I don't know now I rather you if it's OK m not the best at mining hardly done any I usually see one vein abd mine till it's all gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom