Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private See? That's the problem!

The hard part about finding easy-going dark-side tutors was that there, frankly, weren't any. Most of the darksiders who were actually worth learning from were with the Sith and they were about as easy to find as a bald Bantha in a healthy herd. Wake sighed as the ship came in for a landing and set aside his crochet. While few, there were some small benefits to having the leftovers of his 'meals' linger in his mind like fragmented ghosts that haunt his nightmares and confuse his present. He never got bored. Or more specifically, he had more hobbies and interests than he had any idea what to do with it all. Sometimes he wasn't even sure what hobbies were his or not. Did it even matter?

Wake sauntered off the ship with the rest of the unwashed masses and peered out towards the natural landmarks that surrounded the spaceport. Beauteous blue-gray stone stretched high into the sky at intervals, saturated with water and embedded with small gems, the pillars of rock glittered like towers of diamond. No one but Wake stopped to pay them any mind. The natural beauty was breathtaking. Certainly there were probably useful resources in there, but looking at it from a different perspective, in this dangerous, chaotic universe where the strong survive and every planet and particle was a miracle in the grand scheme of things, that this natural wonder survived entropy to this day-well it was remarkable.

He quickly spun to the nearest traveller, grabbing the ragged looking Twi'lek by the shirt, "Hey! Hey! Ten credits, take a picture of me with that beauty in the background!"

The Twi'lek blinked at him, "Beauty? The Ogoliths? There are hundreds on this world..." The man grumbled and turned away.

Wake watched him go and sighed, "And they said the Jedi are dispassionate," He shook his head and spotted a pair of females exit the ship next. His lip twitched, well there was more than one way to appreciate 'natural beauty'. If he happened to get a selfie and some exercise at the same time, then wonderful! He brushed past a robed figure and glanced in their direction; "Hey sorry about that!" He raised a hand in apology before turning back to wave down the girls. "Ladies!" He called with a rougish expression on his face, "Have either of you ever been Ogolith climbing?"

Braze Braze

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Braze had been looking to escape more than usual this time. Not for the typical purposes he wanted to venture out and away from the Grand temple, but because he felt oppressed and suffocated within the walls feelings of other's force presence around him so readily. It was maddening. He had actually been much better behaved recently, attended all his classes, and completed his work early. He even volunteered for further work and chores on top of the extra ones he had been assigned to keep himself busy. It didn't help to distract him all that much. He had pushed up his own walls doubling down on his defense of not allowing his force presence to be freely felt or observed and was shielding his force signature with a vice grip. His mind couldn't get away from the troubles he caused and he had been grappling with Nightmares. Today after having awoken in the dead of the evening to one he decided to venture out and get a breath of fresh air.

He almost thought nothing of it when a stranger brushed past him as he wandered near aimlessly looking for something to occupy his thoughts. Almost-! Old habits died hard. He spun about turning jade eyes towards the older male and was about to snap out some rude comment but stopped himself finding himself perhaps for one of the first times in his life- and second guessing the impulsive actions he was about to commit to. Something felt off. This too gave the young-ling pause as his jade eyes shifted to the dark figure and he watched him warily, like a kitten who had seen some other animal for the first time in its life. He couldn't quite place his finger on why he felt off however and this intriguing emotion gripped him enough to allow that vice grip on his mental shields to be disarmed. Something was begging him to investigate the odd feeling further and Braze did as he lowered his guard and allowed his force presence not only to be felt but to reach out and gently, but curiously probe the fellow that odd sensation had come from.

"That's alright mister... " Braze murmured in a very uncharacteristically muted voice as he settled his vision fully on the man watching his actions. It was an odd sensation that jarred him from his dark and brooding thoughts, but now he was curious. With his training saber confiscated he had to be more careful about what actions he took on his escapades away from the Grand Temple and how he spoke and acted. This odd fellow for whatever reason piqued Braze's curiosity for the time being at least.​

Wake was already in his element, arms slung around a pair of narrow waists and a smug smile brandished on his face. He was walking down the path away from the ship and towards the main market way, taking in a few details now and then to familiarize himself with the town so he can 'play the local'. That was when he felt the first tingling sensation on the back of his neck, followed by a shift in the force, a movement, a small presence, eyes. He kept the blossoming irritation from showing on his face, focusing on the space in front of him. The presence increased to a solid probe. Who was the idiot broadcasting in broad daylight like that?

"Um... something doesn't like... feel right..." The first woman said, she was a Cathar. The other, a Zabrak, rubbed her arms and started to pull away from Wake.

"Yeah, I think we're gonna go our own way," She muttered and glanced over her shoulder, "Who the heck is that creepy kid?" She asked uncomfortably, causing Wake to turn around and look for the source of his troubles.

"Oh my god he's looking right at you, ugh, gross, sorry man, you're cute, but not 'I'm okay with a stalker' cute," The Cathar said and they both pulled away. Wake gasped, turning to make some sort of excuse only to let the moment pass. He wasn't that desperate. His arms fell to his side as he watched them walk away. He turned on his heel and marched straight towards the kid, putting his hands on his hips and leaning over to look the kid square in the eyes.

"Are you serious? Come on man, it felt like you were shining a stun blaster on my back I was tinglin' so hard. They felt you through me, way to blow my night to smithereens!" He bit out, "You gotta be nuts to be showing off like that in the middle of an unaffiliated city! Get yourself killed! Or worse! Blueball me!"

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Braze watched with a small bit of triumphant glee as the ladies departed- Girls always made things more complicated.
"Me? You're the one who feels all weird. " Braze stated in an accusatory tone as punctuated this by pointing a finger at Wake.

He was a plucky youth indeed and he moved to reach for something he hadn't had on him that he was so accustomed to having and frowned playing it off as just tossing back and readjusting his own attire. "And you're the one who ran into me. " He added in a petulant manner as he continue to play off the motion as if dusting himself off seemingly appalled by the fact that Wake had brushed up against him. His emotional sentiments were rife within his own force signature which was still clearly on blast as he was trying to feel out exactly why Wake felt so ... off?

He couldn't straight up, challenge this guy not here not without his tiny training blade at least. Braze was too innocuously ignorant to really know the full depth and meaning behind the man's accusation and why he thought it was worse than someone else's death but he understood enough adult concepts to offer a reply. "It's not my fault your game is weak. They probably started to feel how weird you were too!"

Last edited:
Unaware of the severity of his own condition, his deep wound in the force, Wake stared at the kid in confusion as soon as he spoke up. Weird? This kid. How was he supposed to deal with a punk like this? Speaking of which, how did an obviously sheltered brat end up in this part of space? He frowned trying to make heads or tails of the kids identity when the boy made a hand motion he had seen hundreds of times during his years in study beneath Master Abaas. Wake's own hand just about lanced down to grab his blaster when he realized something. The kid was unarmed!

An unarmed youthful padawan standing in the middle of a possibly unknown city on a foreign world. Either he got kicked out-unlikely he was still wearing the robes now that Wake got a good look at him. Or the weapon had been confiscated because of his behavior and he was on a mission or some manner of penance to get it back. That seemed far more likely. Wake resisted the urge to grimace. Did he have an observer watching to make sure he was okay? Probably. But that person hadn't made a move just yet, would they recognize Wake from the Coruscanti records?

Wake's mind ground to a halt when the kid came back with as much impetuousness as a damn royal, rather than a Jedi. He turned his head and tilted it to the left, "Haaah? Are you nuts?" He barked at the boy, "Who the hell are you accusing of having weak game? Some Jedi twerp comes rollin' in like he owns the place, typical, and his celibate ass has words to say about game?" Wake rumbled, holding his head as if he was enduring a desperate trial. He sighed and waved at the kid.

"Do us both a favor and go discover spice or something, I got better things to do than babysit you," He sighed, ignoring the weird comment again. What the heck whas he talking about?

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Braze bristled at the returned words but he was rather quick to reply yet again. He didn't have a problem with coming up with things to say but rather he said way too much way too easily, and way way too unfiltered. There was no filter in truth.

"Puh-lease! Spare me the sound of your simpering voice. No wonder you're so weird. You must have been ground zero for cooties and that's what's really wrong with you. You're too caught up in your quest of simpering after women to even realize how pathetic and desperate you come across. Besides I have way more lady friends than you!" Braze huffed crossing his arms. He would love to fight this guy -- and he even moved to give voice to such a comment.

"If I had my training blade with me I'd show you which of us would be the baby, and send you crying home to your mother. " Braze practically spat out his playground-level insults.

This impudent little whelp certainly seemed to think he could go toe-to-toe with someone clearly above his own true caliber he'd just met on the street.

If there was a watcher nearby they hadn't made their presence known. The two however were drawing some attention from some curious on-lookers as Braze's squeaky voice raised in volume. Perhaps any near by mentor thought Braze needed to learn to humble himself and was letting the aggressive little piss ant have just enough rope to hang himself with in the figurative sense before intervening. Or perhaps... perhaps he was out and about with out the permission of his elders and better, un-unbeknownst to them defiantly disobedient as always.

Wake's expression went from infuriated, to amused, to straight up stifling his laughter. He pulled his lips in tightly as the kid went all in on cooties and 'simping' he really was a kid, an absolute child. How the heck was he not at the temple getting the spirit worked out of him right now? Wake's amusement pushed away more sinister thoughts as the kid barked away like a churn pup hopping on its tiny legs and bouncing off the ground. He stepped back and gripped his sides, chuckling and giggling.

"Oh man, that's- oh no- please stop-" Wake cackled, waving his hands as if begging for mercy. He wiped a tear from his face after a few more seconds of mirth and then glanced around, sensing his surroundings in the far more subtle way that one learned from being on their own in the thick of the galaxy for a longer time than this abrasive twerp. There were a few presences nearby that had the force but none of them were strong enough to really stick out to him as a threat or some kind of observer. Maybe the observer was out of range, or hiding, he wasn't sure, but it seemed more like the kid had run off on his own.

If that was the case, Wake grinned and without warning brandished a bright smile at the kid, "You are absolutely nuts, you know that? Drawing a hell of a lot of attention right now you know?" Wake said and shot his thumb behind him casually.

"Tell you what, let's get a bite, my treat. You seem like the most fun I'm gonna get out of this place anyway!" He snickered.

Braze Braze

For all intents and purposes, Braze really was nothing more than an errant child playing at being a mature young adult and failing miserably at it. Braze rather enjoyed puffing himself up with his tough guy act and he regularly took glee in intimidating his weaker peers, and challenging his elders and betters if only in an attempt to bolster his own delusional bravado to make himself seem 'cool', or 'relevant'. This was not the first time one of his elders and betters laughed in his face at his whelp-like temper-tantrum challenge.

The older man's words struck Braze off guard and came across as strange and suspicious. White brows furrowed briefly as Braze's expression changed from that of an excited challenge to a somewhat wary yet annoyed expression. He tilted his head hearing some of those words about attention and offered a brief glance about them before questioningly turning those pale jade eyes to the older.

"Ya' know you don't just feel weird, you really ARE weird. " Braze stated sounding oddly defeated in tone as if the fight in him had suddenly disappeared and deflated. It was as if the interest to scrap had all but evaporated into thin air over the amount of thought power Braze had to put in to decipher what this guy was getting at so strangely with his laughter. This distraction was probably a good thing in some ways.

Regardless Braze didn't at all seem perturbed at the moment by any on-lookers who seemed to grow disinterested as the tensions seemed to diffuse as easily as they had arisen.

"But you can get me some ice cream as an apology I suppose. " Braze stated as he crossed his arms, considering the strange man and not thinking he was in any kind of danger.

"That would be suitable recompense," Braze stated trying to sound like one of his lecturing betters he was so used to hearing drone on and on about duty and responsibility.

"You can call me Braze- I'm pretty famous around here you know. " Braze started thinking about how he and Tella Voland Tella Voland fought those gang leaders the other day. It certainly had an effect on him which at this moment decided to pop back into his mind and emotions which were just about radiating on blast through the force signature and aura he gave off. It was a fleeting intense sensation of guilt and sorrow but it was a fleeting one as it was apparent Braze was having all kinds of mixed emotions presently.

It was suddenly closed off as if Braze had realized he was still projecting his emotions and forced his mental shields to suppress it once more. "I toppled a whole gang. " Braze stated trying to brag about it and make himself seem less laughable but how he felt about that topic in truth was snow presently obscured.

"So who are you supposed to be? What even are you?" Braze asked having started to walk around Wake eyeing him up and down as if wondering how and why he felt he was such a special snowflake.

"We're taught to be forgiving- So it's okay I forgive you and your weak game; I'm sure you weren't thinking when you insulted me,"
Braze concluded his little wind-down rant with all the sass and irksome arrogance only a delusional child could muster.

Wake turned away and slipped his hands into his pockets, strutting off towards the local shopping center. He paid the defeated sounding kid no mind, the fight had been extinguished quite effectively. Of course it did, there wasn't any aggression left. He glanced over his shoulder at the kid who was going on about ice cream. Was he really that young? Stars above, the Jedi were scraping at the bottom of the barrel now, sending out twerps like this.

Wake snorted at the suggestion of 'suitable recompense' like the kid hadn't triggered the entire exchange. Then the kid continued to ramble on about how he was famous around here, people knew him, great, just great. Just what he needed, a local problem child to draw attention to him. Wake had no interest in being party to showboating. He'd do that when he was stronger. For now, keeping a low profile was for the best. Wake slipped his hands out of his pockets as the kid bragged about toppling a gang and started orbiting him.

Wake had finally had enough, with his knuckles he went to task and noogied the sides of the boys head. "Who the hell are you calling a 'what'? Huuuuh? My name's Wake! Don't forget it!" He demanded, digging his knuckles in good, "I'm a human, human! From Corellia! You little brat! I'll show you not-thinking!" He chastised the kid, noogying away until the kid either begged for mercy or managed to get away. Probably the latter if he had to guess, he was still a trained force user.

Braze Braze

Braze's excitement bubbled over as he continued to chatter away, oblivious to the annoyance he was causing Wake. He prattled on about his adventures and the things he had accomplished, boasting about his supposed fame and not realizing that his words were rubbing Wake the wrong way.

As Braze circled around Wake, caught up in his own self-importance, he suddenly felt a strong grip on the sides of his head. Startled, he winced as Wake noogied him, shaking him out of his self-absorbed state. The snowy-haired brat that was Braze winced as Wake's firm grip latched onto the sides of his head, his excitement turned into surprise and discomfort. "Ow! Hey, hey, stop it!" he protested, trying to free himself from Wake's hold, his expression a mix of surprise and indignation. "What's your problem? I was just trying to share my experiences. No need to get physical!"

As Braze managed to break free and stepped back, his scowl mirrored his frustration and wounded pride. He crossed his arms, a defensive stance revealing his annoyance. "Look, I didn't mean to annoy you. Maybe I went overboard, but that doesn't give you the right to manhandle me. Let's try to resolve this peacefully, alright? No need for more confrontation. I'll back off with the bragging, and maybe you can ease up on the aggression. We're both Jedi, after all. We should be able to find a way to get along."

Braze hoped that his explanation would help Wake to understand where he was coming from and diffuse the tension between them. He realized that he had overstepped his boundaries and needed to show more humility and respect in his interactions. He had initially attempted to mimic Wake's reply as he pulled away from his overbearing touch and ruffled out his own now-mussed snowy white locks looking like a sullen brat who had been chastised.

Realizing that his attempts to impress had backfired, Braze took a deep breath, attempting to regain his composure. But as he looked at Wake, an older and seemingly more experienced Jedi, a spark of admiration flickered in his eyes. He couldn't help but think that Wake was kind of cool because he was older and had an air of confidence about him.

"I'm Braze, okay? Braze, the Jedi. Remember that!" His words came out in a mixture of defiance and hurt, realizing that his attempts to impress had backfired.

In that moment of mimicry, Braze ruffled his own now-mussed snowy white locks, trying to emulate Wake's nonchalant demeanor. He had the childish notion that if he acted like Wake, he might gain some of that perceived coolness himself. Little did he realize how awkward and comical his attempt at imitation seemed.

Braze's words hung in the air, carrying a mix of sincerity and a desire for reconciliation. He paused for a moment, his gaze shifting to Wake, before continuing. "And, um, hey, you're a Jedi, right? I mean, I could feel your Force signature, and you seemed to recognize me. I thought maybe we could, you know, connect on that level. Share experiences, learn from each other."

He hoped that Wake's acceptance and acknowledgment of his own Jedi status would pave the way for a better understanding between them. Braze's youthful enthusiasm and eagerness to forge connections shone through, despite his initial misstep. He awaited Wake's response, hoping to bridge the gap and find common ground between their differing personalities and experiences.

Braze, still in the midst of his youthful exuberance, couldn't help but notice the stark contrast between his own childishness and Wake's more mature demeanor. It was as if he had tried to mimic the coolness of a seasoned Jedi knight by copying the sentence structure and demeanor of an older boy he perceived as impressive. Little did Braze know the irony of the situation, while he innocently imitated Wake, the older Jedi was actually a Sith practitioner who used mind-melting techniques to steal personality quirks from others. There was some semblance of irony with the parallel between Braze's harmless attempts to mimic and the potential darkness lurking beneath Wake's facade.

As Braze awaited Wake's response, unaware of the hidden depths and complexities within the older 'Jedi', he couldn't help but feel a mixture of anticipation and curiosity. He hoped that his genuine desire for connection and growth would be met with understanding and acceptance, even if his own immaturity and naivety still shone through. Deep down, Braze knew he had a long way to go on his journey of self-discovery and maturity, but he was willing to learn from those around him, even if they hid their true nature behind a mask of bravado.

Wake kept his expression even as he pulled away from the kid, the indignation in the boy's voice enough to draw out a bit of amusement if it wasn't for the defensive tirade that he broke into. We're both Jedi. Wake pursed his lips reflexively and looked past the kid, starting to walk towards the restaraunt he had spotted as he was punishing the brat for his misbehavior. He rolled his eyes as the kid continued to speak only to glance back when he threw Wake's own statement back at him, in a different way.

This kid...

He saw the look in the kid's eyes. Oh. Great.

Wake shook his head, "Yeah, yeah, Braze, got it, sure, mister Jedi," He said with a dismissive wave of his hand and resumed his steady trot towards the restaraunt. The kid, on the other hand, was not about to let up on his pestersome behavior. He knew the intense interest was born out of that admiration Wake had seen in his eyes a moment ago. He knew he should be cool about it. He know he should keep a level head. But something about the way Braze said it made his lip twitch.

He thought of the intense, evocative stare of his beloved Ibini Abaas.

He glanced over his shoulder, stopping at the door to the restaraunt and he looked the boy square in the eye, "I'm not a jedi, kid. Not in the slightest," He said with a warning. Expecting the youth to turn away, why would a jedi associate themselves with someone who'd left the order. Wake and clearly made a showing of knowing their rules, and the boy was on point, he had acted mostly like a Jedi would up until the berating and noogying. He quirked his lip, "But if you'd deign to eat with a dreg like myself, I'm buying."

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Braze looked at the older curiously when he said he wasn't a jedi. He felt so strong to him what else could he be? Braze looked him over curiously perhaps trying to see if he had a saber of any kind.

"You don't look like a dreg to me. " Braze offered simply.

"How did you know then?" Braze asked. " How did you know I was the one you felt?" He asked curious about Wake much more now. " You still feel so.... strange? You know your signature is not like anything I've ever felt before. " Braze offered. The snowy-haired run squinted at Wake as if trying to figure out some kind of puzzle. "Ya know... Actually... I don't think I'm a very good jedi. " Braze offered seemingly in open admittance. " I mean... I want to be.... I think. " He trailed seemingly uncertain of himself. "You probably have way more fun if you're not a jedi. I didn't get a choice on that when I was little. What brings you here? Are you just on vacation or something?" Braze asked seemingly happy to pester him with a million questions.​

Wake snorted and shut the door to the restaraunt, turning to face the kid. He tilted his head and looked the boy up and down one more time. The honesty of youth. It was a kind thing for him to say, at the very least, and Wake held no resentment towards him for his simple offering. He shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned against the outer wall of the establishment, getting out of his way.

"I didn't say I never was a Jedi, kid," Wake said casually and stretched his legs, "As for how I knew it was you, you were staring right at me and broadcasting, it was hard not to figure out," He pointed out with a disingenouous wave of his hands. When the boy brought up how 'strange' Wake felt to him, Wake could only shrug. He hadn't a clue what he was talking about. He had felt some oddities about himself for a long time since the death of his Master. That strange cold wound in his abdomen, for one thing. But he hadn't really thought much of it.

Wake sniffed, "Depends on your definition of a Jedi," he said and looked away, "But if you're looking for fun, I don't think you're in the right occupation, friend. Experiencing the galaxy means feeling something, reveling in it," He pointed towards the mountains. "Would a Jedi exhult the beauty of nature when looking at those mountains? Or would they try to reason a sense of peace out of it, and remove themselves from the moment?" He let out a sigh, it was as far along as he'd gotten in his thoughts and questions about the force. There was still so much more to consider.

"No, I'm not on vacation, sorry Braze," He said with a sigh and rubbed his head. Whomever was observing this kid had to have looked up his face by now, someone on this world knew he was wanted by the Jedi for magistricide. He exhaled through his nostrils and smiled, he couldn't force his perspective on this kid, he wasn't going to act like the jedi. Let the kid draw his own conclusions from what Wake had to say.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Wake's words hung in the air, carrying a weight of experience and a hint of resignation. Braze listened attentively, absorbing the older man's perspective. There was a sense of wisdom in his words, a sense of someone who had traversed a different path, free from the constraints of traditional Jedi teachings.

Braze tilted his head, processing Wake's words. It was true that Jedi were often taught to detach themselves from emotions and find inner peace through serenity and meditation. But was that the only way? Did it mean there was no room for experiencing the joys and wonders of the galaxy?
"I... I never really thought about it that way," Braze admitted, his voice tinged with curiosity. "I guess there's more to being a Jedi than what I've been taught. And maybe there's more to life than just seeking peace and detachment."

He glanced at the mountains, their majestic peaks reaching towards the sky. The beauty of nature was undeniable, and Braze couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and wonder at the sight.

"I think I understand what you mean," Braze said softly, a small smile forming on his lips. "Experiencing the galaxy, embracing its wonders and finding joy in the moment... Perhaps that's what being a Jedi truly means."
Braze's eyes met Wake's, filled with a newfound sense of curiosity and determination. "I want to learn more, to explore different perspectives and find my own path within the Jedi Order. Maybe it's time for me to question the teachings and seek my own understanding."

As Braze spoke, a mixture of excitement and uncertainty flickered in his eyes. The encounter with Wake had sparked something within him, a desire to challenge the status quo and discover his own truth.

"But enough about me," Braze said, his tone shifting to a more serious note. "What about you, Wake? What brings you here? And why are you no longer a Jedi?"
Braze's eyes held a genuine concern, a willingness to listen and understand. In that moment, he saw Wake not just as a stranger, but as someone who had walked a different path, carrying their own burdens and secrets.

As the conversation between Wake and Braze reached its contemplative peak, a figure emerged from the corner of Braze's vision, approaching with purposeful steps. It was Matthew, a Dawn Knight known for his expertise in overseeing and assisting truancy matters within the Jedi Order. His presence radiated a sense of authority, accompanied by an air of cautious vigilance.

Matthew's footsteps faltered slightly as he drew closer, his eyes shifting between Wake and Braze. Dressed in a modified version of the traditional Jedi robes, adorned with symbols representing his Order, he projected an aura of wisdom and a strong connection to the Force. With a respectful nod toward Wake, Matthew positioned himself beside Braze, his posture reflecting a blend of vigilance and approachability.

"Apologies for the interruption," Matthew spoke with a calm and measured tone. "Braze, I've been assigned to address the matter of your truancy within the Jedi Order. Your Creche Master is concerned and wishes to speak with you."

Braze's expression tightened, his reluctance evident as he glanced at Matthew. He knew he had deliberately sneaked out of the temple when he should be grounded, hoping to avoid consequences and any further lectures.

"I... I can't go back," Braze muttered, his voice tinged with a mixture of defiance and apprehension. "I need to figure things out on my own. The temple feels suffocating."

Matthew's gaze softened, understanding the struggle within Braze's heart. He recognized the young Jedi's need for independence and growth, yet he also knew the importance of guidance and accountability.

"I understand your desire for independence, Braze," Matthew replied, his voice laced with empathy. "But the Jedi Order is a place of learning and support. They can help you navigate through these challenges. Avoiding the Creche Master's concerns will only prolong your path to growth."

Braze's expression tightened, his frustration evident as he glanced at Matthew. He knew he had deliberately sneaked out of the temple, hoping to find answers and escape the weight of his responsibilities.

"I... I just need some space," Braze muttered, his voice tinged with defiance. "I'm tired of being treated like a child. I can figure things out on my own."

Matthew's gaze remained steady, his voice gentle but firm. "Braze, despite your capabilities and potential, you are still a child in the eyes of the Order. We are here to guide and protect you, even if it may feel overwhelming at times. The Creche Master's concerns come from a place of care and wisdom."

Braze sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly as he grappled with his emotions. Deep down, he knew that he couldn't continue to evade the responsibilities and guidance offered by the Jedi Order.

"Alright," Braze reluctantly conceded, his voice carrying a mix of resignation and acceptance. "I'll go back and talk to the Creche Master. But I need some time to gather my thoughts first."

Matthew nodded, acknowledging Braze's need for reflection. "Of course, Braze. We can take a moment to collect ourselves before returning. " Matthew offered to flick a Blue gaze to Wake more fully looking at him and acknowledging his presence.

"I apologize for the interruption and any inconvenience caused by Braze's actions," Matthew began, his tone respectful and sincere. "It is my responsibility to ensure that the young Jedi uphold their commitments and responsibilities."

He paused for a moment, allowing his words to settle in the air before continuing. "Braze's journey and struggles are unique, and sometimes his eagerness to explore and seek answers leads him to make choices that can disrupt others. I assure you that we take this matter seriously, and we are committed to addressing his actions and providing the necessary guidance."

Matthew's gaze met Wake's, his eyes reflecting a sense of understanding and empathy. "If there is anything I can do to rectify the situation or alleviate any concerns you may have, please do not hesitate to let me know. We value the harmony with those we encounter in our paths."

He extended a hand towards Wake, a gesture of goodwill and acknowledgment. "Once again, I apologize for the intrusion. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this matter with Braze."

As Matthew addressed Wake and offered his sincere apology on Braze's behalf, the young Jedi couldn't help but feel a wave of embarrassment wash over him. His cheeks flushed with a mix of frustration and indignation, and he averted his gaze, unable to meet the eyes of either Matthew or Wake.

Braze's pride took a hit as he listened to Matthew speak about his actions and the need for guidance. He felt like a scolded child, as if his autonomy and capabilities were being undermined. The weight of being labeled as someone who needed constant supervision weighed heavily on him, and he clenched his fists in frustration.

He wanted to interject, to defend himself and assert his independence. But a part of him understood that his actions had consequences, and he had to face them, even if it meant enduring this moment of embarrassment. Braze took a deep breath, swallowing his pride, and mustered the courage to meet Matthew's eyes briefly.

"You don't need to say any of that!" Braze just about huffed.

sunstara.png

Last edited:

Wake smiled, his expression actually turning a bit soft. That's right. You were never given the chance to think any other way, were you? Wake looked towards the mountains with the kid who seemed to draw from it a different impression than he did. Braze wanted to understand what being a Jedi truly meant and how experiencing the world interplayed with that. That was his conclusion though, and it was something that Wake had to respect. He'd come to the conclusion on his own in this moment, no input from anyone else.

Wake nodded, "If that's what you want to do, little Jedi. Then do it," He said easily and leaned against the wall, listening to the question posed, "I'm-"

He was cut off as another person approached and his stomach twisted. Now this, this was a proper jedi right here. Vigilant, proud, serene, and clinically sterile in their interactions with others. A droid of a man. Wake's expression soured a little as this man who couldn't have been bothered to open by introducing himself started barking orders at a kid that was starting to have a little bit of clarity and agency in his life. Wake's jaw shifted, his expression growing a bit harder as Braze protested and this Jedi put on the pressure.

The lecturing pressure of a superior. The discomfort, the fear, the inability to argue because of built-in biases and reactions. Wake's lips thinned as the Jedi turned to look at Wake who was smoldering quietly off to the side and jumped right into a diatribe of deprications directed at the dear boy.

Wake's expression turned to a scowl; "Wow, I'm sure glad I got out when I did. Turning into someone like you would have been a spiritual death," Wake said coldly, "To stand there and with a straight face, and all the serenity in the world, and rip at the heart and pride of a person younger than you, and say it's a good thing that you're doing. And people say the Sith are bad," Wake shook his head and nodded to the kid.

"Braze had questions, he wasn't bothering me, and he certainly wasn't being disruptive. A little overzealous and curious, but we worked it out, you know, like people do," Wake said sharply, "The kid says he doesn't want to go, I suggest you respect his free will and back off. He'll go back when he's ready, he wants to be a Jedi, then he'll be a Jedi, I'm sure of it. But not on your calendar, buddy," Wake clipped and stepped forward, standing directly in front of this Jedi at this point.

"I don't want to hear a damn word out of the mouth of a disrespectful person like you that can't even bother to introduce themselves before barking orders and telling people what to do. At least droids speak their names when addressed. What does that make you?" He bit out, a bit of passion flaring up as he felt the need to defend the kid. The dark side roiled around him agressively as his dark expression hardened.

Braze Braze Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

Braze stood off to the side, his wide eyes shifting between Wake and Matthew, taking in the intensity of their exchange. He had grown accustomed to the authoritative presence of the Jedi, their measured words, and unyielding adherence to their code. But seeing Wake, a former Jedi himself, boldly confront Matthew with unwavering conviction, left him utterly astonished.

His mouth agape, Braze watched as Wake's impassioned words echoed through the air, challenging Matthew's authority and defending Braze's own autonomy. The weight of Wake's defiance, coupled with his fiery determination, resonated deeply within Braze's being. It was a stark contrast to the serene and controlled demeanor he had become accustomed to within the Jedi Order.

In that moment, a surge of admiration swelled within Braze's chest. He had never seen someone speak so boldly, so fearlessly, against the authority of the Jedi. Wake's unwavering stance, his refusal to back down, ignited a spark of rebellious spirit within Braze's young heart.

Braze was beside himself with shock and admiration in his bright green eyes. He wanted to speak up but he hadn't seen adults so openly have a confrontation in this manner before, at least not that he'd been privy to aside from a few squabbles on the street.

"You two don't have to argue... " Braze tried to find his voice seemingly advocating for a peaceful resolution and feeling a little awkward now that he was the whole cause of it.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
mattboarder.png

Matthew listened carefully to what Wake was saying.​
Matthew watched the tense exchange of words unfold, his eyes flickering between Wake and the disgruntled Jedi hopeful. He could sense the underlying tension and frustration emanating from both parties. Matthew maintained a composed demeanor, absorbing the harsh critique with humility.

He did not, however, interrupt wake and let him speak his mind fully and thoroughly. Matthew was silent for a few moments even after this stranger finished speaking as if to affirm he was finished before speaking.

"You are entirely correct. "
He stated simply without any touch or semblance of temper. It was certainly odd in truth. Typically someone in Matthew's position may have taken an arrogant stance with a better-than-thou air but that was not the case here.

Matthew simply inclined his head and offered an apologetic bow before adding to what he started with. " It shows a lack of manners and cordial deportment on my part, and such is a shameful display. My apologies. Allow me to introduce myself properly. I am known as Matthew; Sir, Servant of the Order of the Sunstar. I am presently attending a cultural exchange sabbatical within the Jedi Order, and have been tasked with finding and protecting Braze."

Matthew stated simply. "I apologize if my approach seemed disrespectful or overly authoritative. It was not my intention to undermine Braze's journey or dismiss his agency," he said, his tone sincere taking a moment to actually look at the snowy-haired youth that was Braze an acknowledge him as a person briefly.

"I understand your concern for Braze, and I appreciate your commitment to defending him. But as his guardian, it is my responsibility to ensure his safety and well-being are at the forefront of my priorities. "

He paused briefly, his gaze meeting Wake's with sincerity. "I don't doubt your intentions or your genuine care for Braze. However, from my admittedly limited and disadvantageous perspective, you are still a stranger to both Braze and myself. As his guardian, it is my duty to exercise caution and discernment when it comes to his interactions and surroundings."

Matthew's tone remained cordial and polite, emphasizing the importance of his role as Braze's protector. "It is not a matter of trust in your character, but rather a necessity to prioritize Braze's welfare. Until I can assess your intentions and suitability as a trustworthy presence in his life, I must err on the side of caution. I hope you understand my position, Sir. I am open to fostering a sense of trust and collaboration, but it will take time for us to establish that foundation."

Matthew paused and regarded the man perhaps wondering if he deigned to introduce himself in turn.

sunstara.png

Wake kept himself between the offending Jedi and Braze. He wasn't ready to back down just yet, but he could already sense a shift in the mood. His scowl stiffened when the Jedi barely blinked in response to his tirade. Not an ounce of feeling at all. Purely analytical, logical, like a droid! He rolled his jaw, is this really what the kid wanted to become? Nah, it didn't matter, the Kid said he was going to be a jedi, so he was going to be a jedi. No matter how haughty and high and mighty this guy was going to be.

"You are entirely correct." The words sounded so damn clinical, but they still elicited a small surprise from Wake.

Oh. This guy wasn't a traditional Jedi. Order of the Sunstar? He'd never heard of it so he didn't know much to comment on their philosophies or belief systems. That said, if he was on exchange with the Jedi Order, they must be fairly similar or at least compatible. Even so. Wake straightened up as the man continued his apology, going as far as to direct a part of it at the boy. Damn, what was so hard about that? Wake winced when it was pointed out that, ultimately, he was a stranger and an outsider in this matter.

Wake let out a sigh and scratched the side of his head. He had no interest in wasting his own strength on fighting this guy. He liked Braze, but he probably wouldn't draw a weapon for him, as cruel as that sounds. Wake wasn't a good guy, ultimately, he was practical, and upheld freedom and passion over anything else. Though that meant his own, first and foremost. Still, he liked what he heard from the kid, seeking new paths, new ideas, and trying to find a better way for himself. As long as he kept that in mind...

Wake relaxed, "Nah, you got a point, I'm butting in. Just treat Braze like a person, he's not a duty or an objective, alright?" He glanced back over his shoulder, and smiled at the kid, "Yeah, okay," He exhaled and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"You can call me Wake," Wake said simply, not divulging his surname lest it set off alarm bells. He glanced back at the Kid one more time. "You gonna be okay around this guy?"

Braze Braze

"Your words have merit," Matthew stated simply.
Braze stood there, still processing the intense exchange between Wake and Matthew. The conflicting emotions within him mirrored the tension in the air. Part of him was grateful to Wake for standing up for him and defending his autonomy. Another part of him understood Matthew's concerns and recognized his role as his guardian. It was an inner struggle between the rebellious spirit awakened by Wake's words and the ingrained respect for authority instilled by the Jedi teachings.

As Wake addressed him, Braze's wide eyes flickered between the two men. His voice was soft and uncertain. "I... I think so, Wake. I want to hear what he has to say, but I also want to make my own choices."

Braze's gaze shifted to Matthew, a mixture of curiosity and caution. "I appreciate your concern, Matthew, and I understand your duty as my guardian. But... I want to explore different paths and perspectives. I want to find my own way to be a Jedi. Maybe I can speak with Wake for a little while?"

He looked at Wake with a hopeful expression, silently asking for his support and understanding. Braze was seeking a balance between his desire for independence and his respect for the guidance and protection Matthew offered. He hoped that by engaging in a conversation with Wake, he could gain insights that would ultimately shape his own journey as a Jedi. It wasn't everyday he met an ex-jedi.

As the tension lingered in the air, Matthew's calm and composed demeanor remained unchanged. He listened attentively to Braze's words, sensing the genuine yearning for autonomy and personal growth. Matthew's eyes softened with understanding, and he took a moment to collect his thoughts before responding.

"Braze," Matthew began, his voice carrying a tone of sincerity, "I appreciate your willingness to find a middle ground. It shows maturity and a desire to seek understanding. I believe that engaging in a conversation with Wake could be a valuable opportunity for you to explore different perspectives and gain insights that will shape your own journey."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in. "You may spend some time talking with Wake, hearing his experiences and thoughts. It will give you the chance to broaden your horizons and delve deeper into your own convictions. Once you feel ready, we can depart. This way, you have the freedom to explore, and I can ensure your safety and well-being."

Matthew's suggestion held a sense of compromise and respect for Braze's autonomy. He understood the importance of allowing Braze to navigate his own path, while also fulfilling his duty as his guardian. Braze looked at Matthew, his eyes filled with a mixture of gratitude and hope. The proposed compromise seemed to offer a way to bridge the gap between his longing for independence and the need for guidance.

"That... sounds fair,"
Braze replied, his voice tinged with a newfound determination. "I would like to talk with Wake and hear what he has to say."

He turned to Wake, a spark of enthusiasm in his eyes. He sought wisdom not only from the Jedi teachings but also from those who had forged their own paths. The prospect of exploring new perspectives excited him, and he hoped that this compromise would enlighten him further.
sunstara.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom