Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Second Time's The Charm

As Ripley ventured through the streets of Elroodan, she felt as though her excitement may overwhelm her. She had been toying with pursuing her force training for some time, but she was reluctant to return to the ancient being who had called himself her master before. However, after her force powers helped her in her recent jailbreak, Ripley knew she wanted to hone them. She had first managed to escape Coruscant, just barely dodging authorities, and made her way to Elrood before lying low. After, she had returned to the holonet, with quite a strange request: to find someone to teach her the ways of the force without shoving their pious and devout bulldruk down her throat. The young she-wolf had waited what seemed like ages before she received a response, but when she finally got one, she was pleasantly surprised. A fellow slicer had recommended a man named Kahne Porte Kahne Porte , who seemed to be a respected individual, very modern in his teachings. Ripley had managed to reach out and arrange a meeting with the man, which she was running late for.

She arrived at a small cafe which she had chosen. It was out of the way enough it didn't draw crowds, and the constant noise of the brewing machines made sure nothing would be overheard; after all, she was still a wanted fugitive. As she entered, a small bell chimed, alerting to her presence. The workers barely looked up from behind the counters, too involved in whatever mundane tasks they were performing. Her eyes scanned the room, noticing who was sitting where. Only about five of the eleven tables were filled, but she didn't seem to see the man she was supposed to meet. Then again, the photo in his intelligence file that she had sliced into was grainy at best, so it was possible she was missing him- or perhaps she wasn't the only one running late.

She made her way to the counter, ordering a hot drink. The employees quickly brewed it and handed it over to her. She then found a table in the back corner, where she would sit, sipping from her cup and waiting.

When he recieved word that someone was looking for him and wanted to meet him it was quite surprsing to the Jedi. While Kahne had just returned from the unknown regions. When it came to training, it had been some time since he had taken on an apprentice. While he was currently training someone close to him. He wasn't one to stick to the standards of the Jedi of old. Taking on multiple apprentices wasn't something he was against too. However he had only assumed that's why Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn had wanted to meet with him. The Jedi raised the glass to his lips, taking a sip of the beverage. While it was too early for anything crazy to drink, he settled for a glass of Jawa Juice.

The Jedi Master kept his eyes open as he was on the lookout for the girl he was supposed to be meetting here. Kahne gathered as much information about her as he could. He wasn't planning on going into this blind, she could've been an assassin for all he knew. He mused at the idea, however worse things have happened to Jedi before.

Kahne noted a girl enter the cafe and he did his best not to stare to much just enough to gather the features to see if she was the one who was here for him. While through the force he hadn't picked up anything dubious, still one couldn't help but be cautious. Kahne being who he was though, sometimes tossed caution to the wind.

The Jedi stood up and made his way to the bar and requested another glass, and once it was given to him and he placed the credits on the bar he switched his position. Instead of his regular seat he took refuge back towards the corner as the girl had. Not sitting in the same table, but just across from her.

"You wouldn't by chance be waiting for someone would you? A Jedi by chance?" Kahne inquired with a small smile, it would be a hit or miss. She seemed to be one that fit the bill.

Ripley's eyes followed the man as he made his approach and sat close enough to hear, but far enough away to look alone. Her gaze had glossed right over him only minutes before. She squinted, and could see the slight resemblance to the picture she had found in his file. Her lips rose, a smile dancing across her face in return before she replied.

"That's me! I take it you're Kahne?" She asked, lowering her voice slightly on the question.

Though Ripley hadn't been sure who to expect, this certainly wasn't it. When her contact had used the word "unconventional", an eccentric man came to mind, youth still ruling in his old age. From what she could tell, Kahne looked like an average man, which could have explained why she had so easily missed him when she stepped into the cafe.

Ripley lifted the glass again, taking a small sip, the beverage warming her throat as she swallowed.

"Ah, that hits the spot. So tell me a bit about yourself. What sets you apart from any other Jedi?"

"That would be correct." Kahne said with a small chuckle. "You must be Ripley? It's a pleasure to meet you." Kahne moved from his seat and sat opposite of her. "Let me know if you wnat another drink. On me of course." The Jedi said with a smile.

Kahne sat back in the seat when she asked about him. "First off, I'm not the type to slam philosphy down your throat. While I respect the Jedi Code and what it represents. There are things out in the galaxy that are good that also contradict with the Jedi code. I'm one for following your heart, and you mind. Using both of those is one of your greatest weapons. That way you can't say you were influenced by anyone or anything. The Jedi code made you do something, or didn't do something. I will do my absolute best to guide and protect you, and in the end you will follow a pathbecause that is what you believe. You will find your own path, which is essentially what I want for my students."

Kahne took a small sip from the glass, and set it back down.

"That's just a small view of my beliefs. What about you? What is your story?"

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Ripley sat back and listened to all he had to say. She considered each word, analyzing everything. When he spoke of te Jedi code, memories replayed in her mind from days past, the drilling of her master, making her repeat each word back to him over and over again. There is no emotion, there is peace. The first line had always weighed heavily in her mind. What was a being if not a collection of chaos and feelings? She herself had never found the peace the Jedi spoke of. She had always spiraled in one direction or another, never properly getting a grasp on her emotions.

I'm one for following your heart, and your mind. Using both of those is one of your greatest weapons. That way you can't say you were influenced by anyone or anything. The Jedi code made you do something, or didn't do something. I will do my absolute best to guide and protect you, and in the end you will follow a pathbecause that is what you believe. You will find your own path, which is essentially what I want for my students.

A slight smile flickered across Ripley's lips when she heard this. It was exactly the opposite of everything she had been taught in that past life. She had attempted to push her own desires aside and subsequently failed. Her master had shown no rage, but a deep disappointment that struck a nerve with Ripley. It had been what had pushed her even further to the point of leaving.

When the man finished, she sat in silence a moment, reflective. Kahne had said everything she wanted to hear, but what did he want from her? She took a drink from the glass while she finished musing with herself, then began to speak.

"My story isn't much. I have no idea where I came from. I awoke one day only knowing my own name. I found a home of sorts under a Jedi master, but couldn't learn to live under the mantra they taught. I also couldn't fathom the force as something that just is, and always was, but found myself hunting for it's origins. I have a morbid curiosity and let my emotions get the better of me. After I thought I was going to drive that old man to a heart attack, I decided to leave. Since then, things have been... interesting, to say the least. I try to help people- but maybe not in the most legal of ways." As she concluded, her smile grew and took a slightly cocky taste, almost becoming a smirk, as if she was proud of the fact she had run-ins with the law.

She spoke of her story and her past and Kahne couldn't help but chuckle whens he mentioned about not giving her old Master a heart attack. "Well, that's kinda part of the job, if your not giving your Master a heart attack then your not trying hard enough." Kahne mused as he flashed a small wink at her. She reminded him of Coci in some ways, and to that end he couldn't help but laugh on the inside.

"So your a trouble maker, eh?" Kahne said with a lofted eyebrow, but then laughed all together. "We all have to make and find our own way, on our own terms. Is your past something you want to find out? Or would you rather not know?"

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Ripley let out a hearty chuckle, the man's words bringing her joy. She could already tell he was very different than her formal master. When the next question was asked the remnants of her smile faded. It had always been a heavy subject with her, one that was difficult to talk about. All she longed for was home, but she didn't want that interpreted as weakness. She bit her lip, considering her answer carefully.

"I would love to know where I came from. Dogs are stronger as a pack. I read that in a book once. I'm a lone wolf, and I know it makes me vulnerable- but I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them, so I've settled on picking my own family."

She studied the man carefully before continuing.

"How did you get started on the Jedi path?"

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Kahne respected that when she mentioned about her picking her own family and thus even being a lone wolf. There was a time when Kahne was all alone, shortly after a battle with the then One Sith Empire. Lost his memory and tried to make his own way in the galaxy until he remembered who he was and what he was doing.

"I'm sure your past will return to you in time, try not to force it. Once you are ready, you will remember." Kahne said with a simple smile and a nod of his head. He took another drink from the glass as he politely motioned for another glass. "Would you care for a refill of whatever your having Ripley?" Kahne inquired as he retrieved his glass. "It's on me." He said with a small chuckle.

"I was ushered into the Jedi Council when I was two years old. Was with the Jedi Council for a long time, was Knighted when I was fifteen or so and Mastered at nineteen. There was a lot of wars back then when the Jedi Council and The Republic fought together a many years ago. I've grown to see many things in my life that have pushed me to question perhaps the Jedi Way and Sith as a whole. Things in the galaxy aren't quite as they seem. You will learn that as you go through this life, if you haven't learned in already." Kahne chuckled slightly and added. "Apart from your run in's with the law." He teased her a bit. "You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Don't ever lose that. Remember to think with your mind and your heart."

Kahne was really enjoying her company, even if he might not be exactly what she was looking for in a trainer, he felt he had added a friend to his life.

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Ripley let out a shy smile at his offer. She wasn't used to people, especially those she didn't know well, being so kind.

"I would love one, thank you for asking." She followed suit in beckoning the staff for a refill.

Her eyes drifted back from the counter and found him again as she listened to his story. Only a year older than me when he was mastered... He must be good. She considered the rest of his words carefully. She felt a deep understanding- her own questioning of the Jedi is what led her to stray from the life. When Kahne then poked fun at her, it brought out a hearty chuckle.

"I'll try my best. And I heavily relate to what you are saying. I know we haven't spent much time together, but we seem to very much relate in our views. If you would have me, I'd love to have the chance to train under you."

Kahne raised the glass to his lips and took a small drink. "That's more than enough." Kahne said when she mentioned she would try her best. While Kahne was a mentor and Master, he felt he was also a guide as well. He wanted to help them find their path and way in the galaxy. He sensed a bright yet very difficult path for Ripley, however in their short time together he had believed that she would do great.

"The honor would be mine, Ripley." Kahne said with a smile as he raised his glass to her. "Welcome aboard, my friend. I tend to travel a lot, I hope your okay with that. And while I don't expect you to be with me all the time, because you have your family as well."

Kahne gave her a list of his com frequency as well as the com for his personal ship. "Just in case I'm not with you and you happen to get into some trouble." Kahne raised his finger as he began his next sentence. "DON'T, ever hesitate to call me for anything. Just say the word and I'll be there. No questions asked, maybe some complaining...." Kahne finished with a small chuckle as he took another drink from his glass.

"What do you think, Ripley?" The Jedi Master said with a smile on his face.

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Ripley nodded in response. All I can do. Too often, she put pressure on herself and stretched herself to thin. It was something she was still learning to deal with. She tried to burn the response into her mind, so she could pull from it later. All I can do. It may have only been a few words, but it resonated with her deeply. All I can do.

When he accepted her, Ripley's face lit up, her shy smile growing into a wide, mischievous one. She hoped he had some sentiment as to what he had gotten himself into- the young girl lived for the ruckus she could cause, and her previous master had not been spared, so Kahne wouldn't be either.

"I am definitely okay with that! I understand you're a busy man, and I don't expect your life to center around my training. As for the offer, I appreciate it, but hopefully, whatever trouble I make, I won't get caught, so calling you will be unnecessary." A moment of silence fell as she contemplated what had just happened. She felt a sense of optimism she didn't often have, and a jitteriness to get started. "I'm really excited. Thank you so much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom