Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Chance for the Criminals

671.jpg

Tobias was walking to the office of [member="Harley"] Fenstermacher , a senator of Nal Huskaa that was recently brought into the fold of the Republic. He was walking down the halls of the New Republic Senate Chambers that were under construction and nearly finished. The meeting with Senator Fenstermacher was about joining the prisoners of each planet in an orbital prison in the Teth System. However, Harley did have another idea of the prisoner instead of imprisoning them. Tobis did think that it was a waist of money on those that were being imprisoned. And since the Senate was on a Justice Crusade on the Hutt Worlds the Prison Yards of Teth were nearing capacity and he had enlisted the help of Prison Barges and Republic Industries and the UTC to construct Prison Stations in the near by asteroid belt.

The Senate Chambers was coming along greatly and seemed that the building itself was nearly completed. The Senate Guards were still a miss match protection details of Planetary Security Officers, Republic Troopers, and Naval Sailors that were stationed there. It was Tobias plan to enter a contract soon to get these guards uniformed and make them specilized with the help of General Awaud and Field Marshal Cedric. The Halls between the his office and the office of the Senator of Nal Haskaa. So the walk was brief and he was soon nocking on the door of the Senator. "Senator Fenstenmacher, its Tobias, have I made it in time for our meeting."

The Door opened and in the seat behind the desk was the senator, however they were not alone. Another person, @Azreth Vandic was sitting in front of the desk in one of the two seats.

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
It had been but a week of so since Harley's appointment to public office, this combined with company management the Echani found many days to be rather busy, filing through paper work commissioning new building's to be made, new laws and requirements that citizen had to abide by, yes much work. Harley was just glad civil unrest was not up, force knows it would be a pain to deal with scattered Hutt gangs and other left over criminals that somehow managed to escape the Republics grasp, and even if they where not causing much trouble it was a problem that needed to be taken care of. Thankfully though today's meeting may help solve the Republics little prisoner dilemma, while also forwarding their own agenda.

Though before anything major could be done with this plan they had to wait for the arrival of [member="Tobias Dracks"], the senator of the core worlds for the Republic, and the plants with the highest prisoner count judging from governmental data. Along with that was the man responsible for the idea, a military soldier who seemed to have a somewhat... how would you say extreme views and mister [members="Azreth Vandicwas"]. Soon though the doors to the senator office swung open, reveling the long awaited senator, "Tobias, so good to see you, how you been? I guess you are wondering what this meeting is about, here take a seat and out friends will explain it in more detail".

Teth was an important world to the Republic, unlike the Republic Capital, Teth had civilization across the planets surface and mostly dedicated to Agriculture to sustain the Republics growing need. Teth was mostly untouched since the Old Galacatic Empire had built their new industry and the shipyard in orbit. Yet Teth wanted more for the planets prestige, and one of the big problems that the capital forced on his constituents, was the concentration of Prisoners from their crusade. Since the push into the Hutt Territories that were riddled with criminal activity and slavery, Dracks had a huge hit to his local economy. Freeing slaves and putting away criminals were a great idea, but who pays for those criminals to sit inside their cells and who finds work for those freed slaves? The Unemployment went from 5.2% to 7.8% in the last month, he was doing his best to keep them a happy. With the Help of the UTC he opened several new trade ports and under construction was an orbital Trade Hub. This however was only a band aid, and the prisoner were another problem.

It was getting to a point where there was a criminal prisoner for every 5 citizens within the Teth system. The new Asteroid Prison Complex was to be the solution to some of his problems. However, he needed to clear his mind and look to the future if he was to get things done. He broke from his trance by the voice of Senator Fenstermacher, "Its been a tough week Harley, I have the DA's office calling everyday about the overcrowded prisons," He walked over to the open chair and plopped himself in the seat with a echoing grown. "How does the chancellor expect me to handle this, I get that the Capital and Nadiam are unable to police these prisoner, it just takes a strain on the economy..."

He was finished with his complaining to his college, "I do wonder why you asked for this meeting, Nar Haskaa is still recovering from the Invasion, whats going on?"

[member="Harley Fenstermacher "] @Azreth Vandicwas

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
For a while, Azreth was very quiet, but attentive. Even if he was a hardcore merc, he knew when he was in the presence of people would could put him a very bad place. During his service for the Republic, he had been through a lot. Nal Huskaa was a strange incursion that he was simply a bodyguard for. He was given his respect among the grunts as it was due, his loyalty should have been unquestionable, and so far he felt more like he was in trouble rather than among allies.

There was much talk about the mysteries behind the meeting they were in, the alien man and female human seemed to know each other well, very well. Friends, that's the word Azreth would have used here Still, he felt out of place, here he was in standard fatigues of the Republic, and they dressed like the senators they were, nicely. Even as they continued to speak, he still did not understand much of this meeting.

Azreth stirred a little in his seat, trying to become comfortable with the atmosphere, trying to read the woman's expressions, but he had no such luck.

A few days before, this woman called [member="Harley"] Fenstermacher had sent him a message to accompany her to a meeting with a mister [member="Tobias Dracks"] and that it was in his best interest to do so.

Now here he was, not at all feeling that this was in his best interest, but more so hers and the Republic's.

"I do wonder why I am here...like...I have zero skills in politics so..." Azreth's voice said calmly but in with the most embarrassing grammar.

Harley Fenstermacher

Harley folded his hand together in a sort of master mind like fashion, listening to what [member="Tobias Dracks"] had to say on the suddenness of the meeting, unsurprisingly the senator being hung up on the overpopulation problem being face by the Republic. Himself able to sense the frustration and exhaustion moving through the force, quite a beneficial power when in politics, being able to decipher a person’s actual feelings on a matter, it had sure come in handy a few times in the past. In this case such a power would also be useful in seeing if their new, 'proposal' would be well liked, after all Tobias might not be fond of something akin to forced military service slave labour.

"Gentlemen gentlemen, allow me to explain why I have summoned both of you here, first, Tobias, I know Na Haaska is still recovering from the Republic take over, every day we are bringing in more cartel member and repairing/upgrading the planets infrastructure". "As you have stated Tobias both your planetary prisons are reaching full capacity and unemployment is up, due to the recent influx in freed slaves and lack of current jobs form the recently occupied Hutt worlds". He paused for a moment, allowing everyone to catch up to speed, more so [member="Azreth Vandic"], the man stating his lack of political training and knowledge.

"Now as you may or may not know the rouge nation calling themselves the Ancient Eye have a certain system in place for war prisoners or rebels that are captured, where one is able to become a proper citizen through military service for the nation". "Now my proposal is that we implement something similar for certain criminals that wish for rehabilitation or if not just a means to capitulate on the present man power at our fingertip, organizing some sort of penal legion". "Such a military division would not require payment, and those in it issued with standard equipment, maybe subpar, their numbers being used to patrol our ever-expanding borders, being used to deal with pirates and other cartel members, eliminating and moral problems that could arise".

It was a very rough detailing, a detailed copy on the desk in front of them if either chose to read into in a bit more into the proposal, "as for you, mister Vandic, you yourself seem like a prime candidate to lead and maintain order such a group, if you so please". It may have been a little pushy and to the point but the amount of prisoner’s influx to RR jails was simply costing too much to leave be, this solution in his mind was a good perhaps temporary solution to implement until things became more stable. "If you have any specific question or perhaps proposals do not hesitate to ask, but bear in mind that dealing with the overcrowded prisons in imperative to the Republic survival".

An interesting choice for the new Senator, Tobias was almost pleased by the plan. He was worries how the general public would take the prospective of the Republic using criminals as meat shields for General Jasters Army. The political flak from this was possibly deadly to a career, but if it was walked carefully and had support of the media, he figured it could all work out.

He looked at the man sitting beside him. He did not seem like he was a Republic Refugee from the last great war, nor did he strike the senator as a man with a criminal background. His best guess was a retired soldier, or possibly merc. One could not throw a pebble around here without hitting a Man of Money with a Gun. He looked back to Senator Fenstemacher, "This is a proposition that only involves the government of Teth-Lirra Government as well as the Provisional Nal Haskaa Government, as such we will not need permission from the Senate," He leaned forward from his chair, "But if they are to see combat, we have to get the permission from Grand General Awaud to approve their attachment to the Republic Army, and that man is a hard nut to crack, though I may have something that can tip the scales in our favor."

He clasped his hands and placed them on his lap, Harley is not one to do things for charaty, she had to have other plans. "Why are you so willing to help the Teth Government with our prisoner problem, also giving criminals guns is risky business, so its just interesting why your helping us."

[member="Harley Fenstermacher "] [member="Azreth Vandic "]

Harley Fenstermacher

Harley had been waiting for mister solider to speak up, but it seemed her small speech blew the mans brains out more then she expected, was he that dumb? okay maybe a little to harsh, but he did not seem like a person with a lot of educational experience. Hand still clasped together in the typical 'I am an evil corporate master mind' Harley tuned attention back to [member="Tobias Dracks"], a small smile creeping across the effeminate Echani's face. "Well it is nice to know this will be an internal thing, hate to have farmer boy put a damper on things", referring to anther senator who seemed t disagree with everything Harley proposed when in the senate.

As for helping, well it was quite simple, well not so much, more, business smart then anything else, heck that was the whole reason the CEO had even joined up with the Republic Remnant in first place, "why, well it should be plain to see but I will elaborate is I must". "I am an arms trader Tobias, I make and sell weapons to almost anyone who want to buy them, now most of my wares go to allied states, most Sith don't seem so interested in what I have on offer". "As such it is in my best interest to help the Republic and other governments to stay afloat so people can by my crafts and fight of the Sith, if the republic Alliance and Silver Jedi are defeated that means no customers for me and I don't think the Sith will give a second through about glassing Na Haaska".

He paused for a moment, sipping a cup of water, "in a nut shell I am doing it more for selfish means, though helping out the state of the Republic is not a bad thing".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom