Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SDS-3 "Sparrow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
61a06fb759585de76b82ac934230f46c.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a mass market droid starfighter
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: [X]
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Holonet access
  • Datalink Access
  • Standard communications array
  • Standard sensor Array
  • Repulsor lift conversion engines
  • Hermes LFD 760i engine pods
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Very High maneuvrability: This ship's lightweight construction combined with the ZEUS mk II droid brain allowing for it to completely negate lateral and vertical G forces that would make actual starfighter pilots pass out most of the time, allow for this ship to have an incredibly high level of maneuvrability in comparison to other ships of its size and weight.
  • High speed: As with the maneuvrability, this ship mainly has such insane levels of speed thanks to its light weight and generally aerodynamic shape, allowing it speeds up to 175 MGLT and 1700km/h in atmospherical conditions.
  • Emp resistance: Thanks to the ultrachrome used as outer plating, it does provide a modicum of protection against EMP, which is important for any droidfighter.
WEAKNESSES
  • No Hyperdrive: These Droid starfighters have no hyperdrive and thus are forced to operate within range of a base or capital ship, making it less suited for long range reconnaiscance par example.
  • Restricted tactical thinking: Though these droidfighters are capable of independent thought and have a wide range of tactical plug ins through the Tactical Ordenance Package, they are still incapable of creating tactics on the fly, usually following either a pattern within their database or following the orders from a command ship or base. Thus they are incapable of making split or on the fly decisions like experienced starfighter pilots.
DESCRIPTION
As Nargath Holdings product line up evolves, its technology expands and its penetration of every market slowly and gradually increases, it was not a surprise that at some point the orders would come from the top to make a droid starfighter which would utilize the ZEUS Mk II rather than the original model. With the fact that so far, the droid starfighters have been somewhat of a miss to the company in terms of finances, the engineers and designers knew they had quite a task ahead of them. One of the hardest choices was wether or not they'd implement a hyperdrive in these droid starfighters, to which the eventual decision was not to implement a hyperdrive due to saving costs and weight.

This droid starfighter would not have any conventional landing gear and would in stead use its repulsorlifts to either hover or land properly, it's sleek design complementing the already eerie feeling, which was even further improved on by giving the design a somewhat skull-like housing for the droid core. The use of ultrachrome harks back to the olden days of the galaxy and had seen great decline, but the designers found it fitting for the sleek design elements and for the general protection ultrachrome offered. However, the cost of the ultrachrome stifled the budget in other areas, resulting in this ship having only a low energy output shield, which in general performs rather underwhelming.

Naming the droidfighter project SDS-3 Sparrow had a good reason in the end, the design was beautiful and sleek and just like a sparrow it could cleave fast and elegantly through the air, an inspiring sight especially in squadron formation, yet just like a sparrow, they lack a few things to truly be the top of the foodchain and thus are no hawks...just sparrows.

Last edited:
Credius Credius

A lightweight, fairly smart, and very zippy droid starfighter. No modules seem to be overboard and everything really seems underpowered for what it's worth.

I'll leave this open. If I were you, I would definitely bump that Squadron count up to 16 or so (and also increase the rating to High). Droid fighters like these are typically used in "swarm" fashions and I want you to be getting your bang out of your buck with this sleek fighter. If not, just let me know and I will lock and stamp this bad boy approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom