Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SDS-1 "Scarab"

Status
Not open for further replies.
maurice-baltissen-08a72e42901415-5a19a6abc7ddb.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter|scout
  • Length: 7.5m
  • Width: 12.5m
  • Height: 3.5m
  • Armament: High 6 missile tubes [1 Ion pulse missile or Electro Magnetic Pulse missile each] , 2 chin mounted Heavy Laserguns
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Low: 8
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1.5
STANDARD FEATURES
-Holonet Transeiver
-Standard communication package
-standard sensory package
-Flight stabilizer
-standard guidance systems
-Dual Fusial Engines
-Standard Hyperdrive

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

-Heat Resistant carbonite coating
-Stygium Cloaking device
-Optical Camouflage system
-ZEUS AI|Droid brain

Strengths:
  • Excellent stealth: This ship is cappable of remaining completely invisible for radars, sensors and even the naked eye for short periods of time. Even when its stygium cloaking device is not activated, it's optical camouflage still makes it hard to spot in the darkness of space and it's neuralium lining makes it hard to find on sensors and scanners even under normal circumstances.
  • Agile: This is a fast, agile and maneuvrable craft which is capable of making twists and turns ordinary organic pilots would not be able to handle.
  • High caliber missiles: though it can only carry one missile within each missile tube, the fact that it can carry six of them makes up for this loss and makes this ship a pretty heavy armed starfighter.
Weaknesses:
  • By having no shields at all, a few blasts would already be enough to take out this ship, only one single strike to take out the droid brain is enough to end its career.
  • Do to its high cost and high maintainance, typical squadrons of this craft will never be numerous.
  • When the stygium cloaking device is active, the droid brains are incapable of receiving or directing any orders and will thus follow the original commands given to them, making them incapable of improvising when fully cloaked.
Description: When exploring the full use of the ZEUS droid brain, one of the EMS older secret projects, the Arrow interceptor details were updated and re-engineered to fit the droid brain and to create a highly armed, useful infiltrator, scout and tactical interceptor. This way the SDS-1 or Stealth Droid Starfighter was created, using rather expensive materials and technology, leading to a craft which could only be built in small numbers, but of which the EMS was certain that it could further expand their efforts in the field of creating unmanned craft for those either unwilling to throw their soldiers in battle or simply not wanting to rely on the flaws of living beings.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

Checks out almost clear across the board, but has a small stumbling block in terms of production levels. I'm afraid under the current rules of the factory, specifically the section around cloaking technology, I am going to have to insist that the production of this fighter be no higher than Semi-Unique.

[member="Runi Verin"]

Ah, yeah...I didn't look into the restricted/banned section. Thanks for pointing this out, since it'll help for future subs. I do have a question regarding the semi-unique portion though, which if it isn't a problem to you, you can always dm me on discord. The question being: is there an exact number or general number on how many of a certain ship semi-unique entails?

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

For Starfighters, the number produced would be based on the Squadron count. Which would be four in this instance. I wouldn't normally expect them to go past 12 or 16 at the absolute most.

For larger vessels, we're typically looking between ten or twelve, although a lower number may be requested if the vessel in question has particularly powerful capabilities.

On that note, with the present ratings, you could increase the squadron count to Low (8) if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom