Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD-26 (Spyders)

Image Source: https://neox1986.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/sentry_concept_05.jpg
Intent: Espionage for One Sith
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Akan Industries http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87550-akan-industries/
Model: SD-26 (Custom Model)
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: No
Production: Limited (One Sith)
Material: Nutorium http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nutorium
Classification: Second Degree
Weight: 2.5 kilograms
Height: 0.2 meters
Movement: Octopedal
Armaments: N/A
Misc. Equipment: Video and Sound Transmitter and Laser Pointer
Description: An example of how this droid would work, would be as following. If you were to enter a diplomat's space ship, and placed a Spyder down, you could leave and the only way it'd be detected is if someone actually went looking for it, This way it could be used as a bug. It can also be used to record someone, which would maybe garner enough evidence to ruin their reputation, or worse.

Espionage - The droid is outfitted with a video taking capabilities, along with sound recordings. It's not too big so it can easily fit into most places.

Deception - With the laser pointer being able to be turned on remotely, someone can use this to act as if they had a sniper trained on someone.

Undetectable - Due to the metal it's made out of, the Spyder is undetectable by motion sensors.

Fragile - The Spyder unfortunately is made out of a relatively weak metal, so one hit and it gets stomped like a bug.

No Stealth - Although it's undetectable by motion sensors, the Spyder can be seen by the naked eye and other normal means. If the Spyder is seen, the entire mission can be ruined.

Video Feed Delay - Due to how it transmits the signal, there's a 15 second delay in video when being streamed live.
Primary Source: N/A

Tash Muntag

General Tash of Rampart Division
[member="Braith Achlys"] Ah my mistake. It said that droids were to be made in the factory so I had gotten confused. Thanks!

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Del Hentz"]

The information about Nutorium which I was able to gather does not specify only motion sensors but sensors generally. Additionally, that I consider a stealth technology. Especially its small size is a good advantage for its intent.

Due to the stealth properties, I would like to request a dev thread 10-15 posts.

A question, as well, the information it transmits - Is it detectable since these are, I assume, radio waves it transmits ? If not, please explain.

[member="Zef Halo"] Got it, I'll make a Dev thread ASAP.

Zef Halo said:
[member="Del Hentz"]

The information about Nutorium which I was able to gather does not specify only motion sensors but sensors generally. Additionally, that I consider a stealth technology. Especially its small size is a good advantage for its intent.
I can fix that, but what other kind of sensor would make sense?

Zef Halo said:
[member="Del Hentz"]

A question, as well, the information it transmits - Is it detectable since these are, I assume, radio waves it transmits ? If not, please explain.
It is indeed detectable, I'll put that in.

[member="Del Hentz"]

Just say sensors, it would mean all sensors. That would be legit since the information on wookiepedia does hint that it blocks all types of sensors.

[member="Zef Halo"] Would it be a simple Dev thread about me Researching the stealth tech, or do I follow the Personal Cloaking Device dev thread rule?

[member="Del Hentz"]

It is different to the personal cloaking device so a stealth research is the option you wanna go or researching the droid generally as a whole with all its capabilities. You could also have the dev thread be the droid in action.

[member="Del Hentz"]
I'll be archiving this until the development is completed. Please PM either myself or another Admin or RPJ to have the submission pulled back out of the archives when you are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom