Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Scurrg H-8 Heavy Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.
6c69eeb7f53c4a72a88f3e2d01a4571d.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
  • Model: Scurrg H-8 Heavy Bomber
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Desh-Terenthium Alloy, Reinforced Alusteel combined with Neutronium, Reinforced Transparisteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Bomber
  • Length: 23 meters
  • Width: 6 meters
  • Height: 8 meters
  • Armament: Very High
  1. Two Laser Cannons (one on each wing)
  2. One Cockpit mounted Heavy Ion Cannon
  3. Two Concussion Missile Launchers (six missiles per launcher)
  4. Two Proton Torpedo Launcher (six missiles per launcher)
  5. One Baradium Bomb Chute (four bombs)
  • Defenses: Very High
  1. Advanced Twin Layer Shielding System
  2. Multiple Layers of Reinforced Armor
  • Squadron Count: 6 Bombers per squadron
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Class 2
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Chaff Deployer
  • Advanced Targeting Computers
  • Standard ship systems (life support, comm and sensor arrays, navicomputer)
Strengths:
  • Heavy Hitter - With the amount of weaponry crammed into the H-8, it can cause an enormous amount of damage to enemy forces
  • Diamond Tough - The H-8 has multiple layers of armor and shielding, allowing it to sustain plenty of hits and still destroy its target
  • Advanced Targeting Computers - The H-8 comes equipped with advanced targeting computers, allowing it to be able to lock onto multiple targets to pinpoint accuracy.
Weaknesses:
  • Extremely Slow - The H-8 is even slower than the previous model, the H-7. It will take quite some time to hit something, and it can't dodge enemy attacks very well at all
  • Handles like a Bantha - The H-8 is not very maneuverable at all, once again making it vulnerable to enemy fighters and attacks while it makes its way to the target
  • Weak Spot - There is a sweet spot in the armor in the rear of the ship, just beneath the engines, that leads to the storage area for the ship's missiles. One direct laser hit will immediately destroy the H-8
  • Expensive to Produce - Pretty explanatory, the H-8 is pretty expensive to build and arm
Description:

As part of new orders from Taeli to develop a brand new generation of ships by Aurora Industries, her engineers looked to the older Scurrg H-7 that the company developed after the purchase of Nubia Stardrives (before releasing the company name to be picked up by another party later). They determined that a new Scurrg H-8 would be the backbone for the new fighter/bomber line of ships from Aurora Industries.

Even more so than the H-7, the H-8 is designed to be a capital ship killer. On top of the two laser cannons, the H-8 has a heavy ion cannon mounted under the cockpit, two concussion missile launcher, two proton torpedo launchers, and a baradium bomb chute. The H-8 also has an advanced twin layer shielding system and multiple layers of armor to make sure it can reach its target.

However, the H-8 is even slower than its previous model, and handles poorly. The H-8 is not expected to make evasive maneuvers in the face of an enemy, relying on its shields and armor instead. There is a weak spot in this armor, near the engines, that if a single laser cannon hit gets through to, the ship's storage area for its ordnance will explode, vaporizing the bomber.

This looks pretty good for the most part.

Taeli Raaf said:
Two Twin Laser Cannons (one one each wing) One Cockpit mounted Heavy Ion Cannon Two Concussion Missile Launchers (six missiles per launcher) Two Proton Torpedo Launcher (twelve missiles per launcher) One Baradium Bomb Chute (four bombs)

The rating on this is good. While I'm not inclined to be particularly picky about exact weapon numbers, the value on this is quite high for its rating, and unlike larger starships, I would argue that dogfighters are going to notice an RP difference with this disparity (As an example, trying to dodge 8 laser cannons is quite a bit different than dodging 4).

For comparison, the Unique fighter example in the starship template also has the rating of "Very High". If I use the weapons exchange chart on that ship, I get an overall value of "16". When I use the exchange chart on this submission, I get an overall value rating of "30". I think that the simplest fix for this would be to roughly halve the missile/proton torpedo magazines. We don't have to get it down to exactly 16, but something closer to it than it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom