Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Scrambled Eggs, Denon Style

Dag lazily tilted his head up throwing a glance Jem's way. Wait a minute...

"...hey, is that my t--" a flash of emerald lightning crackled at the corner of his vision. He turned back to meet Yula's one-eye-worth-one-thousand words glare and he sheepishly smiled back, "...heh, nevermind--"

His eyes shifted away from the zeltron's wrath only to be met by an equally migraine-inducing glare from his apprentice.

He was so not ready for a round two between these vornskrs.

And then the bell rang and he was quicker to the door than his heart skipping a beat in excitement over escaping the warzone.

The raven-haired Jedi returned with, uh, well a lot of food, it seems. His fries already had become the usual target of Jem's thieving hands. He should've ordered extra. As usual. He was setting up the food on the table, praying with a hum that they didn't go for each other's throats again when Jem asked him a question he expected to come... just not now.

"Not for some time." Dag replies, keeping his eyes focused on unwrapping the food, "We'll need to lay low for a while. Here on Denon. Yula's gonna help us with that."

"So try not choking each other to death by tomorrow, at least."

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Yula Perl Yula Perl

Jem's reluctant apology was accepted by Emily, who trilled in triumph before scuttling away. Yula rolled her eyes, either at the girl's insincerity or the droid's victory. Probably both.

Definitely both.

The food arrived, and Yula found that the cereal had settled her stomach some. The pervasive scent of Huttaburger fare didn't make her nauseous, which was a good sign. Dag and the kid were probably starving if the way he wolfed down his cereal was any indication.

"So try not choking each other to death by tomorrow, at least."

"Don't be so quick to count yourself out of that mix."

A few more fries went missing from Dagon's share. "He's right though." Nibbling on a fry, she peered over at Jem, wrapped in grease-stained, loose clothing that drooped over her slender form. Yula made a mental note to grab her something clean to wear to sleep, at least. Maybe see if Kyra left something over the last time she spent the night. With the fries being kept down, she started on the burger.

"Denon can be a good place to hide, if you know your way around." Picking the onions off her burger, she placed them on Dag's plate and continued. "And if you have the right friends." Her wry tone and glance at the Jedi beside her indicated that they ran in different circles here. Investigator and shadowrunner. Cop vs. criminal. Jem would hear all about it at some point, whether she wanted to or not.

After all, the walls were thin.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

It's his second boneless zinger and he still chokes on it when Yula slyly mentions the 'right friends.'

"N-n--" the Jedi coughs once, twice. The pile of onions can't make him cry as much as that, then he clears his throat and carries on, "--o. No. I'm not gonna be relying on criminals keeping her safe. One green bill on top of their usual pack and they're bought. No." he shakes his head, brow furrowing. He's a hypocrite. Not long ago he'd met up with notorious Xan Deesa Xan Deesa to get intel on the Sith and the Maw.

"...not unless it's absolutely necessary, Yula." his voice was serious, almost reprimanding.

He'll get used to the floor if he had to.​

Jem's eyes traveled between the two, picking up on the signals like the child of two bickering parents.

That would make this Zeltron a ... criminal then, and Dagon her... Jem's brows shot up.

She took the distraction to steal another fry, but it didn't stop her from uttering a set of snotty words that would do nothing to help her position with the druggie.

"Does the order know about this place?" Obviously not, or Jem was sure they'd have something to say about it. Her view on the Jedi's function was a little more polished than reality.

It was a perception that... admittedly... villianized her as well. Jem's expression caught as she seemed to realized this. "Oh," she whispered, the fry leaving her mouth. "...I see." They hadn't just gone under to avoid her father.

They had gone under completely.

"I'm just sayin, is allllllllll- She leaned over to nab one of the zingers from his pile, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek as she did so. "-you'd be hard-pressed to find someone on 'non that hasn't gotten their hands dirty at some point."

Settling back into place, she nibbled on the nunawing thoughtfully. "Even the 'good guys.'" Yula elbowed Dag with a wide grin, wiping the barbecue sauce from her face with a flimsy napkin. "It's about who ya know." Which reminded her that the protection money was due.

Despite their differences, Yula and Dagon had a common goal; to protect the common folk. Their methods were often contradictory, but even still there were benefits to be had by Yula's underworld connections and Dag's contacts within the police. They worked in a sort of reluctant symbiosis.

"Does the order know about this place?"

Jem's snide tone was ignored in favor of a related thought her question had sparked.

"Feth, I hope not." She glanced at Dagon for confirmation while pinching the space between her eyes. "On paper, this is a residence—and a business. Which reminds me-" She reached for the datapad again, tapping it carefully with the only finger not covered with sauce. "We need to update our roster of safe houses. Lost the place on 15th, the one above the noodle shop a few weeks ago."

She didn't sound too happy about that. Those noodles were her favorite trash meal.

Dag was ready for the conflict, ready for the floor, steadfast against Yula's upcoming justifications for doing crime.

D-day never came.

Instead, a kiss on the cheek and a tease over his supposedly secret entanglement with that freaky shadowrunner Xan. He can't look a bigger fool than this.

"Does the order know about this place?"
"Feth, I hope not--" She glanced at Dagon for confirmation while pinching the space between her eyes.
"No." he'd even kept his safehouses on Coruscant in a bureaucratic mess of paper trail that only the most diligent, stubborn people in the galaxy - like Ishida - would put the work in to follow it. During the Sacking, he'd let Arthur reveal their locations to the Jedi and the Alliance as safe havens for the injured and wounded - part of his contingency plans when the Senate had put them on lock.

Always had to be one step ahead.

"--on paper, this is a residence—and a business. Which reminds me-" She reached for the datapad again, tapping it carefully with the only finger not covered with sauce. "We need to update our roster of safe houses. Lost the place on 15th, the one above the noodle shop a few weeks ago."

An eyebrow is arched and he blankly remarks, "15th? Wasn't that the one where we first--" he blinks, the revelation of what he was about to reveal to the audience (Jem) hitting him like a brick.

"--uhhhhhh-- met." a sheepish smile crosses his lips as he scratches the back of his head, "...anyways-- tomorrow night I'll show you the City. Tonight you'll rest up, maybe bingewatch something with Yula, and if you hear the word Darkwire comin' out of her mouth - shut your ears." he threw his glare at Yula. ​

Jem's retort was lost to the large bite of burger she had taken, though her nose crinkled in her predictable defiant fashion. She would have pressed further, but her hunger overtook any space for words. It had been days since she had eaten anything proper, the melted cheese and sauce exploded like extasy in her mouth.

By the time she was done eating, the pants nearly fit. Jem plopped over, the ground easing the stress on her back as she stared at the stained ceiling. It was still hard to believe she was here. She could sense Dagon's restless energy. He was bound to leave soon and that sat wrong on her stomach. She turned to eye him. Concern still filled her hazel gaze, but it was dulled with notable exhaustion.

There was nothing Jem needed more than a chance to recoup. She seemed to realized to this. She sighed, her force surrendering into the ground.

"You'll come back for me?" She implored, tomorrow's plans feeling ... uncertain. Life was anything but stable and trust was something that they would have to build.

One day at a time.

"Yeah." Yula's lips spread to reveal a toothy, cheesy grin. "That's where we met." She turned to Jem.

"You know, he was tied to a chair in a warehouse the first time I saw him." By a Zeltron, no less. A different (ugly, schutta) Zeltron.

Dagon's glare rolled right off of her like water on a raincoat. He'd given her the same look so many times, she started to see it as a compliment.

"Sure, I guess. There's a Deputy Law marathon on tonight." Was Jem even old enough for the space-cowboy holoshow? It was already airing reruns when Yula and Dag were kids.

"You'll come back for me?"

"He'd better."

She stole the last of his fries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom