Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Scout XVII Power Armour MK. IV "Tempest"

• Thread starter The Scout Trooper
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scout Trooper

T
ygq47d15o9r21.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Personal Armour for The Scout Trooper
  • Image Source: x (Left image is based on the novel Armor, part of the Starship Troopers Saga. Right is based off of Halo. Image is extremely difficult to find to show just the left side of the suit.)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Power Armour
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Extreme
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Other:
      Sonic: Low
      EMP: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Power Armour: Increases strength, accuracy, chances of survival. Has to be powered by power cells, mainly in use to move around use multiple other systems.
  • Heat Detector: To find thermal readings of other life forms and things powered by electricity.
  • Night Vision: To see in the dark during night time operations.
  • Voice Disguiser: To hide his voice, change it up to something more menacing when required.
  • Jet Pack: To leap to higher areas, sometimes you just need the higher ground!
STRENGTHS
  • Ultrachrome Resistance: It was designed in mind for heavy combat use, able to deflect multiple bolts of energy, bounce of kinetic rounds. Hitting the same spot will reduce the effectiveness as they are in many sections all around the body.
  • Power Armour: It has powered up by power cells, allowing the user to have increased strength and movement speed.
  • Jet Pack: To get to higher grounds and areas most times one cannot reach. Plus to get out of harms way quickly.
WEAKNESSES
  • Impure Ultrachrome: Due to first time making use of Ultrachrome, the armour was made in many more sections then necessary, making its lightsaber effectiveness useless except for one or two stray hits as it will melt on constant contact.
  • Power Hog: Power Cells only work for so long in the suit, requiring constant changing during battlefield engagements but thankfully, can take power cells from weaponry. It becomes an issue however if one wants to hold more ammo or more power.
  • Long Suit Up/Down Time: The armour being in multiple sections, requires chains to hold up the proper power armour parts and need to link together in armour. If ambushed without the suit, cannot use it.
  • Very Loud: Being the first suit, it was not made with stealth in mind. One can hear this thing coming towards a door from four rooms away. The armour cannot stealthly move around at all.
  • Hard Turning: While it can be agile, making quick turns in it is near impossible, making flanking maneuvers against the Tempest suit very deadly.
DESCRIPTION
After the fateful day of botched execution, The Scout Trooper took from local jewelry and armory shops their stores of Ultrachrome, aiming to make an enhanced suit of Power Armour. The purpose was of revenge, wanting to make those suffer as he had suffered. As time went on, he added a few holsters onto the suit to carry weaponry, his helmet being comprised of multiple parts. Making it in a hurry, he put on a Heat Detector, Night Vision and with some old toys, a Voice Disguiser. It took a week to have his home made forge working, melting each part of Ultrachrome as it was a slow purpose.

In the dead of night, he killed a patrol sent out on routine maintenance over several stuck locks. Taking advantage, he stole the Power Armour suit and stripped it to its bear skeleton, enhancing and making molds around it to put together the new slices of armour. When the Ultrachrome was done, he hammered out each piece one by one, taking his time though he did not know was how unwell he was making it. It was only after the fact did he realize he left a bit of impure metal inside it, reducing its lightsaber effectiveness to nearly nothing. Worse, since each part of the suit had to have each piece put on, he did not make a proper exit latch so it had to be put on piece by piece. It being extremely heavy did not help either, making it a chore to even move each piece by hand, requiring multiple chains to be used to even move it.

During testing, he realized that using his increased speed or strength, the power cells drained rather quickly. Another flaw to be hammered out in the next suit, he merely accepted it until he realized he heard a noise behind him, having to almost drop on his stomach. Turning in the suit in a hurry was not going to work, meaning this was a front line suit through and through. Possibly worse, each step sounded like grinding gears, making it near impossible for him to sneak around though it probably did not help he added a Jetpack on it last second for the thought of moving around quickly though with power drains, it probably can only be used sparingly. Regardless, the suit was going to be put through its first combat test soon, hopefully he would survive to use it a second time.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Scout Trooper

T
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

That was a mistake on my part. I usually list how many I am below when I go from Mass Production to Unique which is four. I usually list numbers around my submission when I am typing it out to make sure it is balanced. It is my bad, I have removed it. I feel really stupid right now from it, again my bad.

EDIT: Also added a jetpack. Friend kept bugging me on my left side of the picture and refused to add one...till be pestered me to add it and heard it was below a few points. Well then...why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom