Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scout-class BUDDY

hovercraft_concept_design_by_anasrist.jpg
Image Source: Anasrist @ DeviantArt

Intent: A low-armed stealth scouting drone, primary intent on acting as a mobile radar, with the opportunity of taking attention from opponents if need be by firing its blaster.

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Kalor-Tech
Model: Scout-class
Affiliation: Sith Assassins, One Sith.

Modularity: Yes, weapon armament could be swapped for another type of weapon (e.g any weapon that's size is not more than an E-Web heavy repeating blaster), defensive mechanism (e.g stronger deflector shields) or a utility (e.g speed booster)
Production:Production: Limited - Only OS and SA members.

Material: Duraplast, Agrinium alloy.

Classification: IV
Weight: 5 kg
Height: 1 meter ; Length ; 1.5m

Movement: Flying Variation: Repulsorlift technology (up to 200 meters in the air)

Armaments: Generic: Imperial Heavy Repeater

Misc. Equipment:

Description:

+
- Stealth: It is a core part of this drone considering its Specter Gloss instalmenet and its Optireader.
- Mobile Radar: Its main objective is to be used as a mobile scanner.

-
- Weak: Do not require much arsenal against as they are easy to destroy
- Combat-mode: Its targeting systems are more low budget making the drone not the best shooter which is still good enough to take attention.

The droid's design is based on making the drone as convenient as possible thus its reconstructible format. Its main function is to be utilized in clandestine missions where recon is of absolute importance to the operatives engaging in such a mission, yet it could also prove useful in military campaigns for a mobile scouting unit.

The idea behind arming the droid rather than focusing solely on sensor and scanner capabilities is due to the idea that as its main intent is to be utilized by Sith Assassin operatives on missions, it was suggested that the drone would be very useful in having a weapon so it could utilize it in order to take attention/heat away from the field operatives. It had been decided that making that part modular is very handy as it gives the drone more versatility and depending on the mission, the drone could have its armament swapped for a different function as already stated. Due to its smaller size, it cannot bear large weaponry or other armaments that are too big for it. Neither could it be armed or loaded with anything that could drain its power cells. Hence, the generic model comes with an Imperial Repeating Blaster - a handheld rifle but with dangerous capabilities.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Alexei Makarov said:
Manufacturer: Kalor-Tech
Please link "Kalor-Tech" to the official Approved Company submission.

Alexei Makarov said:
Modularity: Yes, weapon armament could be swapped for another type of weapon (e.g any weapon that's size is not more than an E-Web heavy repeating blaster), defensive mechanism (e.g stronger deflector shields) or a utility (e.g speed booster)
Be careful for with this. While i don't have a problem with this in concept, I'd stick to fairly common components. If some rare or unusually powerful component is fitted into this, it will probably be reported.

Alexei Makarov said:
Specter Gloss MK.1 Optireader
Stealth technology typically requires a development thread. This looks like it's fairly powerful stealth technology as well. I'd like to see something between a 10-20 post development thread (with the actual numbers dependent on post length).

Alexei Makarov said:
Faraday Cage
Is this to protect against ionic weapons or EMPs? If so, what level of protection does this provide the droid?

Alexei Makarov said:
Description:
You're balancing looks pretty good, but I'd like to see a quick description about the droid in a paragraph format as well to flesh it out a bit more. Some things to maybe include are its design history, how its technical specifications fit the design concept, and maybe some examples of how the modules have been changed out.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I've linked the company now.

I understand your concern regarding the armament, the armament this comes with would not be anything really strong. I will make sure no one abuses this. It's limited to SA and OS so I will have more or less control on people using it.

Do I need a dev thread, as that stealth tech has already been produced by the same manufacturer of this - Kalor-Tech. But if you insist, what do you want to see in the dev thread and some advise would be really helpful. (I am really bad at techy things xD )

Faraday Cage ? Ion and EMP resistance to low-tier attacks ? I am not really sure, what would you suggest because I really suck at this technological stuff : /

Edited the description part, hope it's good enough now.

Thanks

Alexei Makarov said:
Do I need a dev thread, as that stealth tech has already been produced by the same manufacturer of this - Kalor-Tech. But if you insist, what do you want to see in the dev thread and some advise would be really helpful. (I am really bad at techy things xD )
This development thread can be about anything related to the droid itself. It could be designing the droid or one of its parts, acquiring materials or contracts to help make the droid, or even a field test. While it's not required, I find that last one the easiest for people to write (since it's typically a lot of action). As a bonus for us judges and anyone else who looks over the submission in the future, it helps show us how this product should be used by its writers.

Alexei Makarov said:
Faraday Cage ? Ion and EMP resistance to low-tier attacks ? I am not really sure, what would you suggest because I really suck at this technological stuff :
I'm flexible on this as well. However, the more powerful this is, the more development will probably require. With no development, low-tier attacks is fine. By this I mean like it's on the edge of the blast radius from a haywire grenade or its subjected to some low-level natural phenomena like a static electricity discharge. Any sort of protection from a direct EMP hit will probably require additional development since this droid already has several other special systems in it (like the unusually large amount of sensors in it).

Alexei Makarov said:
Edited the description part, hope it's good enough now.

The description looks good to me.

Alexei Makarov said:
Resistant to static electricity charges. Any EMP or Ion direct attacks that are beyond the level of a V-6 Haywire grenade (including the grenade) will fry this.
I'd just change this to something like "limited protection from Electromagnetic pulses". I gave those specific examples to give people a rough baseline of its power, but there are probably more things than I know of that could cause such an effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom