Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Scion Series Comm Array

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: to manufacture a Star Destroyer grade comm system
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES

Comm array whose transmissions are nearly impossible to hack, even for high grade super computers.

Highly Resistant to Jamming attempts

STRENGTHS

Why can't I take this call?: This special comms unit uses dozen upon dozens of encryption methods to make intercepting and decoding it's transmissions next to impossible, allowing secure communication.

Anti-Callback: This device employs heavy ECCM (Electronic Counter-Countermeasures) to make it very difficult simply to jam it's transmissions

WEAKNESSES

Range: Only three fourths the range of a standard Destroyer comm array

Encryption Wait Time: Fully encrypting a message properly has a nine minute lag time, which could make a severe difference in the heat of battle, as a Commander may have to choose whether they want a nearly impossible to decrypt message, or run the risk of what they say being intercepted

Easily damaged: The device is delicate due to sensitive electronics, requiring much more frequent maintainence and recalibration. A direct pistol shot to its main circuits, which are in the bridge of a ship circuits will take it out of commission for days

DESCRIPTION

Scion Comm Systems: Don't let the unwashed find out what toppings you ordered on your pizza!

--Sales Pitch

The Scion Comm Array is a modernized Star Destroyer grade communication system that sacrifices range and transmission speed for being nearly impossible to hack and very difficult to jam. ECM is a constant hazard in space warfare, so the need to make as certain as possible that transmissions will be very difficult to hack is a very real concern it's developers were all too willing to cater to.

Last edited:
Two issues, mainly on what is going on.

Why can't I take this call?: This special comms unit uses dozen upon dozens of encryption methods to make intercepting and decoding it's transmissions next to impossible, allowing secure
I feel like there are missing words here.

Range: Only three fought the range of a standard Destroyer comm array
What is being said here? I do not even understand this.

Let me know when you edit/explain.
Laertia Io Laertia Io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom