Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCION 20m Mounted Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
weapon_system_1_by_powerpointranger-d6a73sl.png
Image Source: http://calates.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-system-1-379924725
Intent: To create a SCION variant for capital ship arsenals and planetary defense.
Development Thread: Stand By, Ion Control; Paralyzer
Manufacturer: Krasnie Drives
Model: SCION 20-Meter Electromagnetic Beam Cannon
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance; The Republic
Modularity: [None]
Production: Minor
Material: Tunqstoid; Duralloy; Quadanium
Classification: Electromagnetic beam emitter
Size: Ship-mounted or grounded planetary
Length: 20 meters
Weight: 108 metric tonnes
Ammunition Type: Energy capacitor
Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited
Effective Range: Long-range by capital ship weapon standards
Rate of Fire: Once per individual charge-up
Special Features:
  • Steam-powered
  • Heavily plated/shielded housing
Description: Just like its 6-meter predecessor, the SCION 20-meter electromagnetic cannon is a major development in alternative weaponry.

The SCION system first emits a cluster of photons to plow ahead through magnetic fields at lightspeed, opening a wake for trailing ionized gamma rays to penetrate shields unhindered. The 'wake' is capable of creating a tiny gap in any shield and allowing the ionized photons to breach, which inflicts the target by deactivating local electronic systems in one shot.

The 20-meter model is exceptionally more powerful than the SCION 6m, with enough firepower to completely disable a corvette or frigate with a few accurate shots or to damage hectometer-wide segments of full-sized capital ships, bringing down systems and leaving the targeted vessel limping, thus giving the attacker an opening to pour in destructive fire without full resistance. While designed to be ship-mounted, the 20-meter variant is also a formidable weapon for planetary defense purposes due to its long range, capable of hitting large ships in orbit.

The SCION gun is very fast in rotation and targeting, but its firing rate is very slow as it requires a brief charge-up of its energy capacitor for every single shot fired. It is heavily armored and its rotation is steam-powered in order to reduce vulnerability to similar ion attacks on itself.

Krasnaya Xue said:
The SCION system first emits a cluster of photons to plow ahead through magnetic fields at lightspeed, opening a wake for the indiscernibly separate blast of an ion beam to travel through unhindered. The 'wake' is capable of creating a tiny gap in any shield and allowing the beam to breach, which inflicts the target by deactivating local electronic systems in one shot.
As mentioned in the other submission, what form of photons are in use, how is the ion burst reaching light speed, and how is this all possible on steam.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]
As per the other submission, the same will be required/notated here:

Silara Kuhn said:
Ion blasts are ionized particles, not necessarily EM beams/bursts, and the most common form of ion rays are made of ionized plasma, though I would be fine with a justification of using ionized gamma photons. This is a bit of a leap into the science realm of things, so I'm going to explain how each of these functions before I ask for changes to make sure neither of us get lost and are 100% certain on what is being asked.

• Photons, the particles which make up both visible and invisible light, have no mass, so the principle of supercavitation would not apply here, nor would such work in space, where it is a true vacuum and as such the only particles that supercavitation would form in would be the shield itself, causing too far of a gap between photons (especially gamma particles, which are high-energy) and the ion blasts.
  • Supercavitation is only applicable in liquid substances, such as water, and would have no bearing in space.
  • Ion Blasts are made up of ionized particles, which is why they effect electronic equipment. They are not electromagnetic bursts, pulses, or any such waves. Most ion blasts are made of plasma, the fourth stage of matter after solid, liquid, and gas.
Here are the current SW Canon technology used as countermeasures to shielding (which are not always applicable, as certain shields are more difficult to breach):
Here are the current Chaos Cannon Technology used as countermeasures to shielding (again, subjective efficiency):
Now, as for changes that I require:
  • Please increase development thread to 30 quality posts, or include a new development thread of 20 posts.
  • Adjust your method of piercing shields to coincide with both physics and star wars' demonstration of bypassing shields. (You may ionize your photons to do such.)
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Krasnaya Xue said:
The 20-meter model is exceptionally more powerful than the SCION 6m, with enough firepower to completely disable a corvette or frigate with an accurate shot. And while the 20-meter model is still not powerful enough to disable full-sized capitals (such as cruisers and star destroyers) in one go, it can certainly damage large segments of such a vessel and bring down systems to leave the targeted ship limping, giving the attacker an opening to pour in destructive fire without full resistance. Thus it is a great weapon for planetary defense purposes.
Edit and Remove the one shot disable to a corvette or Frigate or the submission will be denied. This submission was reported for being over powered. You have a week to do so. Also any ships that are outfitted with this tech is also unusable at this time until this matter is cleared up.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

[member="Krasnaya Xue"] After reading and comparing the edit to the original, the two points that were an issue are still there.

Krasnaya Xue said:
to penetrate shields unhindered

Krasnaya Xue said:
inflicts the target by deactivating local electronic systems in one shot.

What you stated was. "Any shield, in one shot" because of the wake. Which was the original issue.

Please edit.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

The point of the gun was to penetrate shields. That is what I worked with the judge over and why I was asked to write multiple dev threads.

I concede that the 'one shot' statement may need to be edited, but to eliminate its shield bypassing ability would eliminate all I've worked for, and I find that unfair as I will have wasted time and effort to satisfy what the judge already ordained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom