Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scavenging for Trouble (Naadi, Nate, Siri)

Taris
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3LOkxH9jw - mood music ?)

Naadi was way out of her league, having ended up on Taris, in the underlevels of all places. She didn't think scavenging junk piles for lightsaber parts was anything to go a-killing over, but apparently, she was dead wrong.... Barely.

Normally, Naadi was not that big a coward, her being a Jedi and all. However, being chased by a scary looking mob of about 50, all of them screaming Skin The Cat, over and over, at the top of their lungs, would take the guff out of anyone. They also had scary looking knives and other never-do-well weapons, and she had already lost (yet Another) training lightsaber.

Blast It To Slag !

Reduced to sprinting down the alleyways on all fours, dodging blaster fire, Naadi ran for her life ..... Over attempting to carefully pick out a handful of tarnished brass mechanical rings of some sort, out of a very questionable, very smelly, pile of stuff. Many choice swear words came to mind as a scary looking hatchet spiraled its way past her, embedding itself into a dumpster with a loud 'CLANK'. She flipped over said dumpster, and took a left. More dumpsters.... And a body, apparently.

Handsprint-flipping over a tall barbed wire fence, and landing into a kind of open-area plaza, Naadi peered about for anymore trouble makers, before entering into a hole in the wall cantina with a flickering glo-sign. Pulling her hood up over her head and ears, and wrapping her LoOong tail around her leg, she tried to make herself as boring-looking and as 'invisible' as possible, and took a seat at the booth near the side.... and found that the booth was occupied, already.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

"Apologies friend, but i need to be invisible for a while." Naadi said quietly, sliding a credit chip his way "Please play along." She hoped that he would be accommodating, and also not rat her out to the local gangbangers. Naadi looked out the front window, only to duck her head as the gang that was chasing her, screamed past the cantina still chanting Skin The Cat repeatedly. It would be amusing, if they weren't so deadly serious about it.

[member="Siriwook"] (please post after Nate ?)

Taris

Life was good, things all were playing out perfectly. Leaving town and work for a while, he finally had a chance to relax, at least relatively until a feline had came crashing in to his booth, sliding him a few credits. Burning eyes would look up from the flame within his hand, a small smile forming as a ruckus could be heard from outside.

Instantly feeling that familiar tug in his gut whenever a force user was near. And a jedi by the looks of it too. Pulling down his hood, his face would be fully visible, clean shaven, and usually a grim look, but right now he had a grin on his face.
"What is a cute little cat like you doing..." knowing all too well the repercussions of such endeavors. "Running from gangbangers... who by the way are currently right outside."
Moving his hand, he would place it on the table, a scorch mark appearing as he summoned forth purple flames as a few ruff and tuff looking men literally kicked down the door. Picking up a cup of coffee from behind him he rose slowly, taking a sip as the thugs locked onto the feline in his booth.
"Oh, I'm sorry, would you like a warm drink?"
Flipping his wrist up, the steaming contents would sizzle as it smacked the man in the face. Smashing the cup over the man's skull, before bringing his knee out into the man's gut, kicking the other in the second's man knee, pulling out his saber staff and igniting the dark orange blade, the tip centimeters from a man's skull.

That man fainted, prompting a chuckle from Nate before he would turn around and look back at the feline in his seat. "Well, now we have about 40 crazy angry thugs outside, and I'm in the mood for a can of whoop ass."

[member="Naadi Maaro"], [member="Siriwook"]

Just minding her own business, sifting through scraps looking for long-lost seeds, Siriwook's ears pick up the sound of a chase. It's not difficult to trace. Pausing from her work, Siriwook watches as [member="Naadi Maaro"] runs by, followed by a dozen others. A race? Siriwook can't believe it--she's heard of this. People sometimes ran together, for not other reason than to run. She joined behind the others, who were yelling something. The object of this game seems to catch the furry creature in front. But why?

Siriwook stretches thoroughly, then begins a sprint toward the furry creature. But, rather than follow after the others, she decides to wait where the creature will be. She waits patiently at the back of the building. Any minute now, she thinks.

Naadi's fur stood up under the hood, as she realized that the door dropped off of its hinges, and the crazy thugs spotted her quite surely. She turned to see the hooded man whap and splatter them with cups of hot coffee, and then ignite an orange-bladed saberstaff. "Well, now we have about 40 crazy angry thugs outside, and I'm in the mood for a can of whoop ass." [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

Her ears tilted to and fro, confused... Sith, or other ? - Only to have her ponderings interrupted by more crazy thugs pile in and spot her.

"We're gonna need a can opener." she snarked, before leaping from her seat and (literally) table-hopping, taking the thugs head-on with a low growl. She landed on one, and claw-grabbed two others, knocking them into each other before defenestrating them right through the large window and its glo-sign. The shattering glass was no doubt loud enough to be heard some distance away. [member="Siriwook"]

Another thug, however, got the bright idea to take potshots at her. Naadi ran from the blaster fire, before grabbing onto a structural pole, and swinging back around to land on one foot and finish the second and third pirouette as roundhouse kicks, first kicking the blaster out of the blaster-toting thug's hand, and then across the head and shoulders. He went headfirst through a booth divider before passing out.

[member="Naadi Maaro"]'s antics inside were all the motivation Siriwook needs to rip a hole in the can. Taking advantage of the many blaster holes already in place, Siriwook tears off part of the wall. She sees now that this is not a game.

"[This way, furry one!]" she says to the creature's mind.

She notes there's someone else fighting with her and says to him, "[And the not-furry one can come too]"

Smiling at the cat last as she she leaped to and fro, kicking ass everywhere. As if he was patient, he flipped out his pistol, putting a bolt through on of the thugs skull. Then he felt a searing pain as a blaster shot tore through the ligaments in his arm, making him drop his saber. Groaning, he would turn on his heel, kneeling down as he blasted three more. Already, he could feel the pain intensify as the wound repaired itself, now just another pink scar.

Upon seeing a cookie tear a hole in the side of the wall he would sigh as if it was backup to the thugs, he'd have to deal with it. Standing, he would prepare to put a hole in the furry creatures brain, only to have it tell him to move it in his. "My lucky day... *blast* get to have some freaking...*more blasting* hairy woman tell me what to do...*conclusion blasts*" stepping back, his eyes would land upon much bigger foe, on who apparently was the wrecking ball for the gangbangers.

"Feth..." turning around, he would meet eyes with [member="Naadi Maaro"], his burning irises meeting her blue ones. "My speeders out back, the black and gold one... You best be leaving girl, try not to crash it." Pulling his cloak from around his shoulders, he would continue. "And try to at least return it.Set it on autopilot once your out of harms way and we'll meet at the hanger!" Deactivating his saber, he would duck and incoming strike, punching the man in the gut before kicking him back into the behemoth of a Zabrack, only the have the man thrown back at him. "Whoa!" Ducking again, he would rise to only see the Zabrack bearing down on him.

Nate the Bounty Hunter said:
Upon seeing a cookie tear a hole in the side of the wall he would sigh
Tee hee hee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sZ8TFFAmY

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Naadi Maaro"]

Siriwook stares at the floor under the rowdy crowd. Reaching out in the force to perform cryokinesis, Siriwook ices the floor between their pursuers and the two being attacked to cover their escape, sending the heat that was there into the spirit ichor. She never thought she'd be using that power for anything more than numbing nerves, but she's glad she knows it now.

"[I can heal your wounds when we get out of here,]" Siriwook says to the surly man in robes as she punches one of the pursuers in the face,

with fury of a dozen cookies,

"[but not if I'm exhausted from freezing them]"

Suddenly, a large hole tore open in the side of the ramshackle building, and a very large and fearsome cherry-red wookiee appeared. [This way, furry one !] the red wookiee roared. "Oh good, a new friend perhaps !" Naadi said to herself, before dodging a rodian trying to grab onto her. She slapped him hard across the face, sending the greenie spinning and crashing into some free-standing tables, toppling the tables and food and drinks.

Naadi glanced at the hooded ones eyes, burning orange irises meeting her blue ones. Definitely a dark sider. "My speeders out back, the black and gold one... You best be leaving girl, try not to crash it." Pulling his cloak from around his shoulders, he would continue. "And try to at least return it. Set it on autopilot once your out of harm's way and we'll meet at the hangar!" he said to her, before continuing to fight.

Naadi was about to make her escape when six others rushed her, piling on top of the trianni and beating her down to the ground. They suddenly went flying as she exploded back up from the beat-down with a loud roar. Reaching out with her hands, she gestured and exerted a wave of Force energy, causing most of the hoodlums to go flying right back out the door. "Time to make haste, away from this waste." she said, amusingly rhyming.

Naadi then hopped through the large hole in the wall, and proceeded to the parking lot. Stalking to the small parking lot, she easily saw his speeder, it was sleek and dagger-shaped and very very black, with large engines and steering vanes, and touches of gold all over it; taillight fins, steering vanes, edging along the roof and doors, gold accent rings on the engines. "Only Sith Lords and Hutts could be so capricious in flaunting their wealth and power." Naadi smarmily commented, before Using the Force to unlock and open the doors, get inside, and fire it up. The engine positively roared and rumble-growled. Turning to the red wookiee, Naadi pointedly spoke. "Do you think this speeder might have been a Podracer ?"

Closing the door, she lifted the flight yoke, causing them to lift off vertically, and then smashed the accelerator, easing into the air-traffic and dodging anything and everything - barely.

Siriwook doesn't know why she goes with the big furry cat, but she does, or why they leave their new friend behind, but they do, and that bothers her. So she decides to speak to [member="Naadi Maaro"] again--through the Force.

"[Hi, uh... furry friend. I am Siriwook. I just... thought you might have needed help. I don't know why we're running, but I wonder if we should maybe go back for your friend? If he's not dead yet, that is.]"

(Hey... it's not that fancy~)

After both women had exited, he had managed to only anger the brute of a man, a table being thrown at him, a few daggers making contact with his body, one tore right through his bicep, making him growl before swinging a broken chair into a thugs head, the result was not very subtle, some brain matter splayed across the floor.

"Whoops.... don't get in the way I guess." Not exactly sympathetic inclined to the type of men that he was currently beating up, he tossed another man through the bar's glass pane. It was then that the very very large man decided that his play time was over. Feeling a pair of strong hands grab him from behind, a string of curses would be muttered, almost half were fully pronounced before he himself as being thrown through the air.

Coming to a screeching halt, he would rise, his shirt soaked in blood and torn to shreds. Now just aggravated, he would pull a rather sharp piece of durasteel off the floor, before hurling it point first into the Zabrack's chest, a meaty sound being heard a few seconds before the body hit the floor. That was relatively the end of the dispute, as nobody else was really alive to argue.

[member="Siriwook"], [member="Naadi Maaro"]

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] was beating on people who probably deserve it, but Siriwook can't help but feel empathy for them. Sure, they may have been part of a murderous mob intent on killing anyone who looks different from them in a constant struggle for the essentials of life, but were they really entirely responsible for this behavior? Or just a product of their conditions.

Siriwook waits for Nate to finish and then motions for him to board his vehicle. She points to the back. "[Sit here so I can heal you,]" she says to him through the Force. Sometimes, it helps to know a witch healer.

Turning to look at [member="Naadi Maaro"] again, Siriwook says, "[Well...? Are we going to get out of here?]" After all, Siriwook was there with a very important mission. She was trying to find seeds preserved in amber. And the seeds she was trying to find... did not come from amber-producing plants. And, to complicate things, any of this amber would have had to have been buried long, long ago under mountains of rubble. All in all, it was a fool's errand, and Siriwook was just the fool to do it.

[Hi, uh... furry friend. I am Siriwook. I just... thought you might have needed help. I don't know why we're running, but I wonder if we should maybe go back for your friend? If he's not dead yet, that is.]

Naadi spoke "Hi Siriwook, i am Naadi Maro, a Jedi of the Silver Order, and yes i do much appreciate the help." and offered a handshake "Also, i'm fairly sure he's a Sith, maybe.... I doubt a Star Destroyer could successfully kill him.... But, you do have a point."

Circling around the block, Naadi in the speeder car approached the front side of the (literal hole in the wall) cantina tavern whatever place, and landed. She honked the horn to get 'Mr Sith's' attention.

(siriwook gets out and goes elsewhere)

Emerging from the smoke, shirt smoldering, he would turn his head at the sound of his speeder's horn, grunting in pain as a blaster bolt tore through his shoulder. "Feth.." Holding out his hand, the Force would swell around him, flames pouring forth from his palm, effectively torching the building as he slid into the speeder beside her.

"Pleasure to make your company...again. Good job not wrecking the speeder."

[member="Naadi Maaro"]

Naadi slow-looked at the darksider as he slid into the passenger seat, and then lean-looked at the now quite smoking cantina, before sighing exasperatedly, drooping her ears and shaking her head back and forth. "You must be Sith." and then pushed the pedal and brought the car to speed and altitude, resuming the way that she had been going. "Although, i suppose you can do one thing for me." she said, flipping him another credit chip coin. "You can take me to a place, or person, perhaps, where i can find afew pounds of good quality Phrik alloy."

Naadi had tried to go through more conventional channels of getting the particular metal, but the corporations wanted way too much credits, and always for bulk orders, in lots of 1000, and then on up to 5000, ten thousand, ect ect. So, the trianni had to go and find the Phrik by.... Other means.

This, naturally, led her to meditate in The Force to seek out which world she would have to go to, and it was Taris, in the Underlevels.

His flaming gaze would meet hers, a grim smile appearing. "Sure, you could say that." Shirt still burning, he would look over his shoulder, pulling the shirt from his duffel bag as he essentially stripped. "Don't worry, I don't bite... all the time." Slipping his new shirt over his head, he wouldn't care if she looked at the many scars running up and his toned body.

Not being used to being the passenger, he would fidget subtly with his saber, spinning the hilt in his palm. "Well, there's more gangs that hoard such supplies, if you need gear since this will be a more heated engagement head down the street and I'll point out the house."

[member="Naadi Maaro"]

Grabbing a duffel bag from somewhere, he basically changed clothes in the passenger seat. "Don't worry, I don't bite... all the time." Slipping his new shirt over his head, Naadi peripherally noticed the many scars running up and his lanky body. Sith rites of torture, she suspected. The jedi couldn't help but giggle at his backhanded threat to bite her. "Yeah, apparently you didn't take that good a look at me." she said, and then chomped her teeth for emphasis of her quite feline teeth and fangs (and claws, but she was currently holding the steering yoke with her hands).

She continued to pilot the speeder down the street, and side glanced at Nate when he fiddled with his lightsaber hilt. "Which house ?" she said, slowing down abit.

(Lanky? :D You did that in spite of me, didn't you?)

"No, I did. But you'd have to be alive to bite me, yes?" Holding up his hands, he smiled. Of course, she probably through he was going to stab her though the back or something, but he wasn't phased. Looking up, he would point to the singular house partially secluded, the only physical reminder of his father.

Many years of saving up had produced the multi-thousand home. How his father manged to buy such a nice home was still unknown to him, but he was extremely grateful. As she stopped in the driveway, he slid out the speeder, cracking his neck after being confined. Looking over at her, his flaming eyes would flicker. "What exactly do you need?"

"What exactly do you need?" he said after cracking his neck. Tweaking an eyebrow up, she suspected that he was being pointlessly macho. Naadi took out a holoprojector and activated it, and a rendered image of a lightsaber appeared, slowly spinning in place as it flickered semi-regularly.

Naadi-2d%20saber-f_zpsnbnt0bzh.png

Nadi-2d-saber-d_zpsnadqwway.png

Naadi-2d-saber%20-r_zps5bof9lei.png

Naadi spoke "I have decided to use the Phrik as the main metal constructing my lightsaber, rendering it quite durable to damage, including resistance to lightsaber hits. An electro-staff should be enough Phrik to reshape it in The Force, and house the other components. " she said, smiling knowingly and with a hint of dark nervousness.

She had likely just outed herself as a padawan, without a lightsaber of any sort. Hopefully, he was more Mercenary than sadistic, and he and/or his associates would continue with the transaction and let her leave in peace. Naadi would of course, pay for the electrostaff with credit chips.

"Ahh.... a freshy. Don't worry, until then, you can use mine." Walking towards the garage, he pulled the door up, the lights flickering to life, illuminating the table covered in spare parts. Walking past a covered shape that resembled a speeder bike, he pushed a button on the pad, a deep humming sound being heard.

"You might want to step back..." Grinning, he watched as the far wall open on itself, a mass assortment of weapons and gear glinting in the blue light. Waving a hand, implying for her to go ahead, he managed to find his vibro-sword, slashing it through the air. What exactly was she doing here besides trying to build her lightsaber? Not being one to pry, he made his way back to the speeder, this time in the pilots seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom